News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Newbie With a few Questions!

Started by HOOLIGAN73, May 10, 2009, 07:25:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HOOLIGAN73

Hi! :icon_smile:
So I picked up a 73' charger over the weekend, stock everything! The kid didn't know what he had so I got a pretty good deal on it. The kid pretty much stripped the car of EVERYTHING(trim and interior) down to the basics, and put everything in the trunk(so it's all there). I'm new to the world of mopar(converted camaro owner), but how do you tell the difference between an s/e and a rallye(or is it the same)? I've been looking at pictures and mine looks more like the rallye. I've attached a pic so you guys can judge for yourselves. Sorry for the bad pic though, it's the only one I have right now!

:icon_smile_cool:
*Proud Owner Of a 73' Charger*

Massively
Over
Powered
And
Respected

Finn

Do you have a vin number by chance?
Welcome to the site and congrats on your purchase!
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

HOOLIGAN73

yep it's wh23g3g1437371 and thank you!

:icon_smile_cool:

Massively
Over
Powered
And
Respected

Foreman72

nice score dude :cheers: welcome to the board and welcome to 3rd gen chargers  :2thumbs: ...i have a 72...anyways...the vin is how you would officially tell...

Body Type:   W  =  Dodge Coronet / Charger
Price Class:   H  =  High
Body Type:   23  =  2 Door Hardtop
Engine:   G  =  318 150HP(net) or 170HP(net) 1-2BBL 8 CYL
Year:   3  =  1973
Sequence Number: 143737  =  43737th Vehical Built

pretty basic 73 charger...you can check out this site and decode your fender tag to gain more info on it...

http://www.stockmopar.com/mopar-fender-tag-decoder.php

also...do you have any preliminary plans for it?

Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

69charger2002

welcome to the site!
it is not an r/t for sure, those stopped production in 1971. it is a 318 car, but being in primer and no louver(opera) side rear window, i cant tell if it's a rallye or SE. SE's from what i normally see have that opera louver cover.. im sure a more helpful 3rd gen guru will be along soon
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

HOOLIGAN73

Thank you!

Foreman72~I plan on making it my next restomod project. It's my daily driver but I'm hoping to replace the 318 with something bigger(either a 383 or 426). I still haven't decided on a color, I was thinking something different(silver with black racing stripes or black with green?). I'm also in the process of deciding what to put on my vanity plate. That's just the rough plan for now.

69charger2002~It didn't come with louvers, but it might have had them originally. It was a light green, the name of the color escapes me.

Massively
Over
Powered
And
Respected

mikesbbody

Hi Hooligan and welcome to the site  :2thumbs: be sure to check out pete's site if you havent done so already
www.1971-1974dodgecharger.com   :2thumbs:

HOOLIGAN73

Thank you, I will definitely check it out!

Massively
Over
Powered
And
Respected

69bronzeT5

Welcome to the site. You got a great base for a project :cheers:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

HOOLIGAN73

thank you! I am falling more and more in love with it every day!

Massively
Over
Powered
And
Respected

Ghoste

Welcome to the world of Charger, nice car.  Did it have a fender tag on it?

69*F5*SE

Welcome to the site and good luck with your build.   :cheers:

HOOLIGAN73

To tell you the truth I haven't even looked yet! We've had terrible rain storms, so it's been covered up.

Massively
Over
Powered
And
Respected

jaak

Welcome to the site! I also scored a '73 a little over a week ago... 73 Rallye factory 340 (now 360) 4 speed.
Heres the link when I got it.... http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,56641.0.html and here's the link to a write up and pics of interior installation.... http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,56964.0.html

Good luck with your project,
Jason

My Toys....

HOOLIGAN73

Jaak~ WOW Yours looks awesome! I hope my interior looks half as good as yours when I'm finished! My interior right now looks like your stripped down pics. The kid that I bought it from went kinda crazy and stripped it down farther than he needed to! It's supposed to be beautiful tomorrow, so I will take a bunch of pics and post stage 1 of restore.

Massively
Over
Powered
And
Respected

skip68

:cheers:   Welcome to the site.   :cheers:   Looks like a good car.   :2thumbs:   Camaro's and mustangs are cool, BUT, Chargers are damn sexy/muscular cars.   :2thumbs:   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

HOOLIGAN73

Haha thank yoU! Before I bought the charger I looked at a camaro then I looked at the charger, I took one look at that charger and new I had to have it! :yesnod:

Massively
Over
Powered
And
Respected

FlatbackFanatic

Welcome!!Nice start you have there. Good luck with the restomod, we'll be waiting for pics as you go. :2thumbs:
Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

GN

This is the place for help. Lots of great people to assit.