News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Andrew Newborn's dream of the General Lee

Started by JoeyGowdy, May 11, 2009, 09:43:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeyGowdy

I received a call earlier today that is too touching not to pass on... Andrew Newborn's dream is to ride in a General Lee... this weekend May 16th 2009 (weather permitting) his dream will come true. Here is an email I received from Rebecca Newborn with links to Andrews story:

----------------------------------------------------------------
The following message was sent to you via the JoeyGowdy.net Contact Us form:
Hello, I am Rebecca Newborn and I just talked to you about bringing our son, Andrew, down to ride in the General Lee. I just pulled up your website to show it to Andrew. When he saw the car, he was so excited. I really hope that it works out so that we can bring Andrew down. Please know that this will be such a blessing to our family. Here's a little bit about Andrew. If you have time to watch, watch "Andrew's Story" first and then "Embracing Hope."
Thanks,
Rebecca
http://www.onetruemedia.com/otm_site/view_shared?p=7c3b889121258e27d44ea3
http://www.onetruemedia.com/otm_site/view_shared?p=88731b732089dd071a649f
http://www.onetruemedia.com/otm_site/my_shared?z=34ac32481dfa158d2bb838
----------------------------------------------------------------

She stated on the phone that he likes the old Dukes of Hazzard, that being the case I believe we can do a lot more for him, perhaps get some of the DoH cast members to sign items and send gifts or even video recordings with get well wishes from John and Tom... thoughts everyone?

http://www.cglfc.com/wforum/viewtopic.php?t=22910
Sincerely, Joey Paul Gowdy

moparstuart

That's awesome , thanks for sharing and I commend you for helping and making a great day and experience for this little boy.  Im sure this will be a day he remembers forever .

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

JoeyGowdy

tan top

good stuff  Joey  ..awesome thing to do  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

68coronetGLwannabe

I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

bull

That was a nice gesture... if you did it for free. :cheers:

JoeyGowdy

skip68

Joey, you and your dad did the ultimate.   :cheers:    This is what these cars are for X10.   Great job !   :2thumbs:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

68charger383

1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

Bob

Since being a member I think this truly is one of the top threads I have ever read.
Thanks for going the extra mile.
Bob

runningman

Awesome  :cheers:  I wish I would have seen this earlier.  I would have picked something up for him at the comic con..

JoeyGowdy

tvandmoviecars

I arranged the phone call, John & Cathy seemed really touched and happy to do it.  Afterwards they both did a personalized & autographed photo for him.

skip68

:cheers:  I hope to do the same with my General Lee someday.   I called our local Make-a-wish foundation and offered my car for a day for any child that want's it.   Once again, good job Joey and you too tvandmoviecars.  And just in case John Schneider and Catherine Bach are viewing, thank you both for all you do and have done.  ;)   Some day I'll let you both have your picture taken with me.   :2thumbs: :rofl:   Chuck................
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

runningman

tvandmoviecars

Quote from: skip68 on May 19, 2009, 07:03:26 PM
:cheers:  I hope to do the same with my General Lee someday.   I called our local Make-a-wish foundation and offered my car for a day for any child that want's it.   Once again, good job Joey and you too tvandmoviecars.  And just in case John Schneider and Catherine Bach are viewing, thank you both for all you do and have done.  ;)   Some day I'll let you both have your picture taken with me.   :2thumbs: :rofl:   Chuck................

I registered with make a wish also... and advised I have owner friends all over the nation... so far, no calls or emails.
as for photos with them.. I've met them once or twice.<LOL>

might be more, but too tired to look!<LOL> (3rd shifter and it si a hour past bed time!<LOL>)

moparstuart

Quote from: tvandmoviecars on May 20, 2009, 08:00:14 AM
Quote from: skip68 on May 19, 2009, 07:03:26 PM

I registered with make a wish also... and advised I have owner friends all over the nation... so far, no calls or emails.
as for photos with them.. I've met them once or twice.<LOL>

might be more, but too tired to look!<LOL> (3rd shifter and it si a hour past bed time!<LOL>)
dude your a stalker ( just kidding )   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

mikepmcs

Cathy looks really good in those pics...and John, well...He's the man!! :2thumbs:

Thanks for sharing. 
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

tvandmoviecars

Quote from: moparstuart on May 20, 2009, 08:57:08 AM

dude your a stalker ( just kidding )   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
[/quote]

I AM SO SICK OF HEARING THAT!!!!!!!! I am ok, my therapist said so!!!!

j/k.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I have done a LOT of Duke events over the last 10 years, and this comicon over the last 5. Celebs are USUALLY just normal people at these events, if you don't go at them like a fanboy..... <LOL>I am usually petty good at not being a fanboy or geeky, when I meet celebs... I hav literally met hundreds of them, and in the last 10 years or so, I only turned into a geeky fanboy once..... last year when I met Ami DOolenz... she was sooooo goreous!!

mikepmcs

Quote from: tvandmoviecars on May 20, 2009, 02:45:22 PM
last year when I met Ami DOolenz... she was sooooo goreous!!

I agree maybe when she played Sloan Peterson in the tv spinoff Ferris Bueller's Day Off in 1990. :lol:
Just kidding, she looks great. :2thumbs:

skip68

It's funny that we were at Dukesfest 07 in Nashville and I never met any of them.   :rotz:  My son sat in John's car for a picture and that was it.   I did see John, Cathy, Sonny, Ben and James but never got to meet them.   I was going to but I saw John with people all around him and I just thought the best thing I can do for him was to leave him alone.  I just didn't want to bother him.  I know they are there for the pictures and autographs but I felt like they had plenty of people wanting something from them.  I have kicked myself a few times because I love the show, grew up with it and was right there with them but I just left them alone.   I should have at least let my son meet them but I just felt bad that people were all over them.   After seeing a video of a guy wanting John to sign this and sign that and take this picture and that one it made me angry that some of these so called fans had little if any respect for him.    :rotz:   It's weird but I truly felt bad for them.   I think that most fans only see them for what they are and not who they are and I just don't want to add to that.   :rotz:    When I saw them talking to Andrew on the phone, it just made me so proud of them and shows who they are.  You guys all did good.   :2thumbs:     :notworthy:    Chuck..........

Neal_J

Wow, Cathy might want to follow Valerie Bertinelli down to Jenny Craig. 

I'm just saying...

mikepmcs

Neal_J

tvandmoviecars

Quote from: Neal_J on May 20, 2009, 05:08:08 PM
Wow, Cathy might want to follow Valerie Bertinelli down to Jenny Craig. 

I'm just saying...
She has lost a bit of weight in the last 10 years... and is looking etter and better, every time I See her. Not bad for being in her 50s with 2 kids (VERY doting mom).

Ghoste

I actually have to commend her for not giving in to the Hollywood pressure to stay 29 forever.  She's been pretty forthright about the fact that she left that life behind to be a mother and that she's quite aware she doesn't look the same.  She's also been upfront about that being way way down on her priority list behind looking after her kids.

jb666

VERY COOL STORY!!!!!!!  :cheers: :cheers: Great job, Joey!!

teamroth

Quote from: Ghoste on May 20, 2009, 10:32:41 PM
I actually have to commend her for not giving in to the Hollywood pressure to saty 29 forever.  She's been pretty forthright about the fact that she left that life behind to be a mother and that she's quite aware she doesn't look the same.  She's also been upfront about that being way way down on her priority list behind looking after her kids.

She also married a very rich dude. That takes the pressure off of HAVING to work versus doing it when you want to. Good for her. I think she still looks great.
I'd rather die than go to heaven.

Back N Black

mikesbbody