News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Seat belts

Started by GN, May 11, 2009, 07:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GN

Can the front seat belt ratcheting system be rebuilt without any special tools? Gen3s

Chatt69chgr

Don't know about third gen but second gen can be taken apart and at least cleaned up and oiled.  You have to heat up the plastic sleeve gently with a heat gun to get it off the mechanism.  A lot of other mopars use the same inner parts so if your retractor spring is broken, for example, you can get one off another mopar product at the junkyard. 

bull

I also don't know about the 3rd gen setup but I devised a method to convert 2nd gen bench seat belts to bucket seat belts because the short ones are so hard to find and I kept finding so many bench seat belt in excellent condition. Perhaps the same can be done in your case, assuming yours can't be saved.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,34998.0.html

GN

It is the safty catch that grabs all the time when trying to put it on. It must be pushed all the way in and slowly pulled out to keep it from locking. Seat belt laws apply even to historic cars?