News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Got to see my first General Lee

Started by Martian R/T, May 11, 2009, 01:13:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikepmcs

How do I get Britney to sing and dance on mine?? :callme:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

jb666

Quote from: mikepmcs on May 12, 2009, 06:03:51 PM

Do you REALLY want that?  :hah:

skip68

:scratchchin:   Hey Jeff, I thought you told Britney to hit the road and not come back.  Are you still seeing her ?   :shruggy:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

mikepmcs

Quote from: jb666 on May 12, 2009, 06:05:35 PM
Quote from: mikepmcs on May 12, 2009, 06:03:51 PM

Do you REALLY want that?  :hah:
Hell yeah, now that she doesn't look like sinead o'baldy, I'd let her sit on my........................car :D
Kevin will have to keep the kids though.  Oh, wait he already got custody.  My kind of girl. :lol:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

FLG

I still dont understand why people keep asking me or rather saying "Oh thats like the one on the dukes of hazard"..i just nicely tell them that "Mines a 73, there completely different looking cars"...then thell go "Oh but they look the same right??"  :brickwall:

At that point i just mash the pedal  :2thumbs:

One more thing is people touching!!! Dont touch a black car, especially when its dusty (which is almost always is no matter how much you clean it).

GL#10

Hey

Skip68  Usually  that is the first question out of people's mouths "is it one from the show "  WGL57  was one of the nicer  Gl's from the 17  a 68 converted Gl  ,except for the small scrape on the right side quarter it was right up there condition wise with Wgl 01  close up Gl  .
    I have driven  Wgl57 in two countries  the reaction is pretty much the same , people love the big orange car .

K.c 

Bluestar

I have not visited the Smithsonean Museum in DC that has Fonzie's Jacket, and Archie Bunkers chair amongst other items of Americana.  I always joke that I won't visit it until they put a General Lee in there.  Similar argument I have with the R&R Hall of Fame.  Like them or not, KISS belongs in there are are blacklisted it seems.

There needs to be a General in Smithsonean to cement its legacy.

moparstuart

Quote from: Bluestar on May 13, 2009, 12:02:12 PM
I have not visited the Smithsonean Museum in DC that has Fonzie's Jacket, and Archie Bunkers chair amongst other items of Americana.  I always joke that I won't visit it until they put a General Lee in there.  Similar argument I have with the R&R Hall of Fame.  Like them or not, KISS belongs in there are are blacklisted it seems.

There needs to be a General in Smithsonean to cement its legacy.
deep purple too   :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

CaptMarvel

Quote from: GL0169 on May 11, 2009, 06:07:53 PM
the smile on this kids face and his dads face was like a gift from heaven - his dad said thanks for letting him see the general lee -i told him you dont see the general lee you ride the  general lee - so with the kid in shotgun and his brothers and dad in the back -we drove around town for half an hour honking the horn and waveing to everyone - afterwards we had cake- he opened his gifts and was the happiest kid in the whole world that day.    thats what the GENERAL LEE is for- to make people happy for a moment in time   

Good for you! Thats what having anything cool is all about, to share it with others. What the heck is the occassional fender sitter or small scratch when you can touch kids (or anyones) lives like that....Thats way more important than any show quality piece of art that only you can enjoy... :2thumbs:

lexxman

Ya it's funny.I was talking to a friend of mine last week and I was telling him that finaly got my charger.He was surprised that I wasn't painting it like the GL.His words were "Can you have a 69 charger and not have it painted like the General?" I'm restoring mine to stock,but the dukes of hazzard is the reason I want a charger.