News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

dukes of hazzard fans

Started by mikes4692003, May 11, 2009, 06:40:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikes4692003

is there not going to be a dukefest this year?:scratchchin:

runningman

I haven't seen anything yet, I am gonna ask J. Schneider this weekend.  He is gonna be at a comic convention in Michigan......Daisy too  :icon_smile_big:

69*F5*SE

Hey Matt, where's this event being held at?  Ted

magnum

Haven't herd either but I am going to the Smoky Mountain fan Fest in Sevierville TN July 18th-19th.
Takes a MOPAR to catch a mopar!

Arkgl01

There is not going to be a dukes fest this year from what I have herd. The last one was down big time. With out CMT sponcership and the economy I think waiting would be the smartest thing to do!
69 440 RT matching.. mostly original!

Mike DC

The size of DF in the last several years was never sustainable in the long-term. 

Maybe something like that could have been sustained several more years if the new DOH movie series had been decent.  But not with the old TV series still being the only thing to draw upon.

Hell, even I've gotten pretty burned out on DOH this last 1-2 years.

-----------------------------------------

I think right now DOH finds itself in the same position as a lot of old franchises.  Still has fans and still could appeal, but it currently lacks a good enough incarnation of TV/movies to really run with it. 

Ghoste

Where is this "comic convention"?

mopar0166

wish it would come back,  just getting my general lee done! 

duke events always draw a crowd i dont get it ? :shruggy:

Mike DC

The entire DOH hobby isn't going anywhere.  Just scaling back a bit this year.  Taking a breather. 

runningman

It's at the Novi expo center.  I think the site is www.motorcitycomiccon.com ,I have met some cool people there although I have not been there for the past couple of years. 

69*F5*SE

runningman

No problem, if you are going to go let me know.  I think we are going on Sunday...

WINGR

Quote from: runningman on May 11, 2009, 07:57:36 AM
I haven't seen anything yet, I am gonna ask J. Schneider this weekend.  He is gonna be at a comic convention in Michigan......Daisy too  :icon_smile_big:

Not to change the subject but what is the location and times that Bo and Daisy will be at the convention in Michigan? Thanks

WINGR

Quote from: WINGR on May 11, 2009, 02:00:57 PM
Quote from: runningman on May 11, 2009, 07:57:36 AM

Not to change the subject but what is the location and times that Bo and Daisy will be at the convention in Michigan? Thanks

Sorry for the repetitive question, I sent it out before I read the rest of the posts. Do you have any idea what the times are for both Daisy (Katherine Bach) and Bo (John Schneider)? Thanks

runningman

I believe they will be there all three days pretty much all day.  The ones that are going to be there only on Sat and Sun are marked as such.  They do usually leave for lunch and what not.  I had to wait about 30 minutes for Adam West one time, we did catch Dirk Benedict eating a sandwich one time.  My buddy asked him if he was gonna eat the pickle...he started laughing and just about spit his food out.  They should be there for the hours listed on the site that the convention is open...

mikepmcs

Hey , get me Banky Edwards and Holden McNeil's autograph while you're there.  :lol:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

GL#10

Hey

Check out this event

http://professionalstuntmaninvitational.com

Some of the cast , lots of the Stuntmen , lots of Authentic Tv/movie cars and trucks . No not a dukefest .

K.c

WINGR

Quote from: runningman on May 11, 2009, 02:41:50 PM
I believe they will be there all three days pretty much all day.  The ones that are going to be there only on Sat and Sun are marked as such.  They do usually leave for lunch and what not.  I had to wait about 30 minutes for Adam West one time, we did catch Dirk Benedict eating a sandwich one time.  My buddy asked him if he was gonna eat the pickle...he started laughing and just about spit his food out.  They should be there for the hours listed on the site that the convention is open...

Thanks, I am going to see if there is any way I can make it there one of the days.

WINGR

runningman

Back from the comic con, John Schneider says no Dukes fest this year.  Last years wasn't too good I guess.  Everyone was really cool, especially Catherine Bach.  She let my kids sit in her jeep and talked to us for quite some time.  I will get some pics up soon..

mopar0166

thats awesome, oh well maybe next year.  my general wont be done till then anyway

aussiemuscle

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on May 11, 2009, 09:21:42 AM
The entire DOH hobby isn't going anywhere. 

Same with the MAD MAX hobby. hopefully this new movie they're making will revive things better than the DOH movies.