News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Some Mopars and others at our Sunday cruise night, Derby Ct.

Started by 1969chargerrtse, May 10, 2009, 07:51:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

15 minutes up the road from me we have a neat little cruise night at a Donut shop that really does well each week.  Last week I parked next to a Daytona, this week the same owner brought his Hemi SuperBird. 

Check out the Red 69 R/T I'm parked next to. It's a 4 spd car and reminds me of what it would look like if Chris and I parked near each other.  Only Chris would have the rear side marker frame part painted black.

The Black 69 Road Runner is all original including the paint.  He still has the original black hood.
Some of the other Mopars up front are with the original owners also.

The guy sitting next to the SuperBird fender decal (Plymouth) had a awesome 68 Hemi Charger that got sold to the Guy with the Famous bike building show in N.Y
The other guy next to him has other original ownership Mopars and a road runner conv.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

1969chargerrtse

More.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

1969chargerrtse

Last

Back N Black

Nice pics! The last pics is a great example of vinyl roof verses no-vinyl roof.

68coronetGLwannabe

I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

69bronzeT5

Thanks for sharing the great pictures Rob. Lots of awesome Mopars there :2thumbs:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

69*F5*SE

I like your non-vinyl better the the vinyl top car.  Vinyl top cars are more common.

1969chargerrtse

Thanks guys.  Funny thing is I love vinyl tops, but I would never put one on as it looks fine as is.

So I was parked up front center along side the Hemi SuperBird right?  The guy with the Red Charger pulls in way in the back and I walk over to say Hi.  There's a spot next to his car so being nice I say " Gee If I knew you were going to park here I would of parked next to you "  He say's go get your car and park here now.  I'm like, Ah O.K.  Feeling odd as I just said I would of, could of.  So I walk all the way up front, pull out on to the main road, around the building, and along side his car.  Where'd he go?  :slap:  He walked off  :P  Kinda felt like a fool, a friend of mine said his buddy said " lets walk around ".   I was very happy where I was with my car originally , so I just said to my buddy see ya later and went home to be with the kid's I missed.  You ask a guy to park next to you, a 5 minute conversation with him after he goes out of his way would be nice.   :eyes:  No biggie.  Just found it kinda funny.  Not.

tan top

good pictures Rob ..looks to have been a good show there , awesome looking cars :yesnod:   i spy a white superbird ..with a Hemi no less ... do you know if it was a real R code  :scratchchin: wait untill BBS gets a load of that superbird  :yesnod:

your chargers looking  great  :2thumbs:  worth the effort in chaging the stripe on the rear  :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: tan top on May 11, 2009, 05:27:38 AM
Good pictures Rob ..looks to have been a good show there , awesome looking cars :yesnod:  I spy a white superbird ..with a Hemi no less ... do you know if it was a real R code  :scratchchin: wait until BBS gets a load of that superbird  :yesnod:

Your charger is looking  great  :2thumbs:  worth the effort in changing the stripe on the rear  :2thumbs:
Thanks, and I love the rear now.  Very happy with the original look.

Those are early shots around 5:00.  That place gets packed full.

The Hemi SuperBird is a member here I think?  I know little of it.  He has a Daytona Charger and I think a Daytona conv.  I think the SuperBird was on a real track and did over 200mph and is real low miles.  I went over to talk to him once, but we only talked for like 20 seconds.  Others on the site know who he is, maybe someone will fill in more info.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on May 11, 2009, 05:31:55 AM
Good pictures Rob ..looks to have been a good show there , awesome looking cars :yesnod:  I spy a white superbird ..with a Hemi no less ... do you know if it was a real R code  :scratchchin: wait until BBS gets a load of that superbird  :yesnod:

Your charger is looking  great  :2thumbs:  worth the effort in changing the stripe on the rear  :2thumbs:

The Hemi SuperBird is a member here I think?  I know little of it.  He has a Daytona Charger and I think a SuperBird conv.  I think the SuperBird was on a real track and did over 200mph and is real low miles.  I went over to talk to him once, but we only talked for like 20 seconds.  Others on the site know who he is, maybe someone will fill in more info.
The 'bird & the Daytona are Pete Veight's cars. He's Wingnut426 on here  He also has a 'vert Daytona.  back when I was actively restoring my car, Pete was a godsend with getting me parts (I'm sure he still is)  Always gave an accurate description of the stuff, great shipping and even threw in a few freebies a few times. A while ago I helped him buy a '70 Charger out here in SI....first & only time I met him.

Please tell him Chris in "Satan" Island said hi :wave:  Make sure you accentuate the Satan part ;)

PS---I would have done the same thing as the red Charger owner did :slap: ;)

PSS---hopefully you mentioned the Registry :cheers:

PSSS---my car is orange like yours, not red
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Just 6T9 CHGR

Pete's "beater" car as he affectionately calls it....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on May 11, 2009, 07:48:58 AM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on May 11, 2009, 05:31:55 AM

The Hemi SuperBird is a member here I think?  I know little of it.  He has a Daytona Charger and I think a SuperBird conv.  I think the SuperBird was on a real track and did over 200mph and is real low miles.  I went over to talk to him once, but we only talked for like 20 seconds.  Others on the site know who he is, maybe someone will fill in more info.
The 'bird & the Daytona are Pete Veight's cars. He's Wingnut426 on here  He also has a 'vert Daytona.  back when I was actively restoring my car, Pete was a godsend with getting me parts (I'm sure he still is)  Always gave an accurate description of the stuff, great shipping and even threw in a few freebies a few times. A while ago I helped him buy a '70 Charger out here in SI....first & only time I met him.

Please tell him Chris in "Satan" Island said hi :wave:  Make sure you accentuate the Satan part ;)

PS---I would have done the same thing as the red Charger owner did :slap: ;)

PSS---hopefully you mentioned the Registry :cheers:

PSSS---my car is orange like yours, not red
I gave him one of your cards.  ( the Red Charger owner ) That's when I first met him.  Good thing I didn't wait until I went out of my way to park next to him because by then he was GONE! :shruggy:  I think you have his car info from when I met him last year.  :D
I will reintroduce myself to Pete next time and send your reguards.

FlatbackFanatic

Beautiful day for a show! Great pics! Thanks for sharing.
Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

hemigeno

Great pictures, thanks for posting them.

Pete's a great guy.  If you get the chance, tell him hemigeno says hello.  Pete, Danny (69_500) and I spent a couple hours together at Carlisle a year or so back researching scissors jack bearings and jack stud locations.  Most people we talked to thought we were nuts - and that's probably true.

As with Chris and so many others, Pete has gone WAY out of his way to help me scrounge parts and find the un-findable stuff.

Oh yeah, his cars are unbelivably nice too! 

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: hemigeno on May 11, 2009, 01:03:47 PM
Great pictures, thanks for posting them.

Pete's a great guy.  If you get the chance, tell him hemigeno says hello.  Pete, Danny (69_500) and I spent a couple hours together at Carlisle a year or so back researching scissors jack bearings and jack stud locations.  Most people we talked to thought we were nuts - and that's probably true.

As with Chris and so many others, Pete has gone WAY out of his way to help me scrounge parts and find the un-findable stuff.

Oh yeah, his cars are unbelivably nice too! 
You ain't kidding about his cars.  They are mint in my mind, I don't know how he keeps all of them that clean?

charger500440

Being a CT person, I can say that you won't find a better weekly car show than the one in Derby. At least not in the New England area anyway. Good to see the Mopars being well represented. The owner of the red '68 Road Runner has a very colorful Mopar past. Having owned that Runner since new (I think) and racing Mopars way back in the day. He used to have an original 440 Dart that he raced since new also. Too bad it was totalled in a collision about 8-10 years ago.
-
As for Pete, you won't find nicer cars anywhere. Even better though, is that Pete is a real nice guy. If you get a chance, ask him to tell you the history of that Bird. It's fascinating, especially if you're into racing. He's certainly helped me out a few times with parts for both of my cars. I'll try to get to the show soon and say hi...

Mike
1969 SE  383 Automatic
1969 500 440 Automatic

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: charger500440 on May 12, 2009, 07:28:07 AM
Being a CT person, I can say that you won't find a better weekly car show than the one in Derby. At least not in the New England area anyway. Good to see the Mopars being well represented. The owner of the red '68 Road Runner has a very colorful Mopar past. Having owned that Runner since new (I think) and racing Mopars way back in the day. He used to have an original 440 Dart that he raced since new also. Too bad it was totalled in a collision about 8-10 years ago.
-
As for Pete, you won't find nicer cars anywhere. Even better though, is that Pete is a real nice guy. If you get a chance, ask him to tell you the history of that Bird. It's fascinating, especially if you're into racing. He's certainly helped me out a few times with parts for both of my cars. I'll try to get to the show soon and say hi...

Mike
Gotta tell ya the one up in Monroe every Friday night across from McDonalds is as big if not bigger.  The vette guys rule the street side.  In Derby Phil ( Roadrunner conv ) goes early with the Mopar guys and sets up there.  I here Bristol Ct has a great cruise night also run by a Mopar club that puts all the Mopars out front.  Then there's Sat at Mc Donalds in Hamden, and almost one everynight of the week if you look around.

68beepbeep

Hey Rob, man, your fast~ I saw you pull in, I was wiping down my Runner(parked between Toms T-5 '69 Dodge and Nicks tan '63 Plymouth) went for a cup of joe with "Superbird Pete", came outside and you left, just wanted to say hello!~Steve~

Rigs

Wow,what a cool cruise night,thanks for sharing 1969chargerrtse !!!I'm from North haven,maybe next Sun I'll bring up my 69 Y2,black top+stripe,R/T SE and we can park together!!!!

moparstuart

Quote from: Rigs on May 12, 2009, 02:58:29 PM
Wow,what a cool cruise night,thanks for sharing 1969chargerrtse !!!I'm from North haven,maybe next Sun I'll bring up my 69 Y2,black top+stripe,R/T SE and we can park together!!!!
but you have to walk away once he comes over to park by you   :smilielol:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

tan top

:o  hey man sounds a awesome charger you have there  :drool5:  would love to see some pictures sometime  :yesnod: ........................ :popcrn:

:2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

magnum

Quote from: tan top on May 12, 2009, 03:52:44 PM

:o  hey man sounds a awesome charger you have there  :drool5:  would love to see some pictures sometime  :yesnod: ........................ :popcrn:

:2thumbs:
:iagree: :cheers:
Takes a MOPAR to catch a mopar!

Just 6T9 CHGR

Interesting :scratchchin:

By doing that you will show Rob how nice Y2 yellow is & will make him strip his down & repaint it the original color ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: moparstuart on May 12, 2009, 03:49:36 PM
but you have to walk away once he comes over to park by you   :smilielol:
:smilielol:  That was funny.