News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

All Pars' sketch for the 2011 Dodge Charger:

Started by Brock Samson, May 08, 2009, 04:51:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock Samson

i had missed this somehow, and i'm thinking it's too good to be true, at least compared to the bulldog they been selling but I'd though I'd share...
the photo they show and I can't link  -shows a really boxy fourdoor with side coves... i imagine it's far closer then this sketch... go to the link at the bottom to see the entire enchalada...

here's the text that goes with the pic.. though it sounds like a few lawyers got togeather to write it..  :lol:

"The next generation Charger is expected to merge the styling of the current version with a more classic look from the famous 1968 Chargers, one of the most stylish vehicles ever built. We expect that most of the "look" will be based on the current Charger rather than the 1968s. The official image shows a faux-Coke-bottle side view, with integrated front tail-light but separate rear tail-light. Note that it will be more different from the 300C; and that the following illustration is not based on rumors or speculation or personal knowledge"

and

"The 2010 Dodge Charger (it may actually be a 2011 model) will be made in Brampton alongside the 300C and possibly the Challenger or 200C. It is possible that the 300 will be on a longer wheelbase than the Charger.
Aerodynamics. The Charger will be less boxy, to improve noise and gas mileage; Styling now reports to Engineering's Frank Klegon, and aerodynamics has taken a more advanced position.
Fuel efficiency. As with the police cars, expect modified axle ratios, made more practical by the greater power from the V6 and V8 alike. Yet, all-around performance is to go up; the revised V6 and the 2009 Hemi changes will make this possible.
Phoenix V6 engine. The 3.6 liter is supposed to provide 280 hp with better mileage than the current 250 hp 3.5 liter — more quietly than the Toyota V6.
More gears in the transmission: an eight-speed is being studied, but one source has the five-speeds continuing.
Better interiors. The next generation will set a new standard.
Comfort features. New entertainment systems and driver comfort options will appear - no surprises there.
SRT-8s were expected to eventually use a production version of the 392 (6.4) Hemi with about 450-475 hp and MDS for better gas mileage. This appears to be in the works but everything is uncertain now.
The LY was to be used as the basis for three Mercedes classes: E, CLS, and R (starting in 2010-2012). We don't know that status of that deal."

anyhow, i just thought I'd share..  :shruggy:

here's the link: http://www.allpar.com/cars/dodge/charger-2010.html

TheGhost

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Brock Samson

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Brock Samson

yeah,.. probably about as likely as you using a period.  :shruggy:

Silver R/T

Quote from: Brock Samson on May 08, 2009, 09:27:48 PM
yeah,.. probably about as likely as you using a period.  :shruggy:

You would know everything about periods ;)

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Mike DC

I wonder if we'll see a 2011 Dodge ANYTHING.   :'(

A383Wing

69bronzeT5

Besides the rubber band tires and the scoops in the wrong place (IMO), I like it :2thumbs:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

chargerjy9

that sketch is not even close from the real thing that Chrysler is doing. Believe me, I know. I worked in Chrysler Design Office for 35 years before I was retired. the new Charger WILL NOT have 2 doors. It is the same configuration as the current one, 4 DOORS. This was one of the last projects I worked on before I left. If they can stay afloat this new design is very cool, 4 doors or not. Many styling cues were taken from the 2nd gen body, they are readily apparent. I was very critical of the current version and voiced it when it was being developed. They listened to many of our concerns this time around and the end result is spectacular, yes even though it has 4 doors. You will like it.
1973 Dodge Charger SE 400 4 bbl,727, survivor
1977 AMC Pacer original
2011 Dodge charger R/T Max

Brock Samson

i sure hope your right...   :shruggy: funny how chrysler has a continious history of sinking to the depths before knocking one out of the park... that would be worth a thread...
hey silver,.. any newer pics of your charger? i don't think ive seen any in three or four years... the last was the rear quarter debacle,..

bull

And now, here's a useless scrolling message to make this thread complete!

BB1

Delete my profile

Silver R/T

Quote from: Brock Samson on May 09, 2009, 11:58:53 AM

hey silver,.. any newer pics of your charger? i don't think ive seen any in three or four years... the last was the rear quarter debacle,..

yes of course, check out my grille resto thread

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

NHCharger

Wow, that's awesome compared to the 4 door sedan their marketing as a Charger right now.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

A383Wing

Quote from: NHCharger on May 10, 2009, 07:02:40 AM
Wow, that's awesome compared to the 4 door sedan their marketing as a Charger right now.

You mean the Coronet??  :D

(real Chargers only got 2 doors)

Silver R/T

Quote from: A383Wing on May 10, 2009, 10:05:58 AM
Quote from: NHCharger on May 10, 2009, 07:02:40 AM

You mean the Coronet??  :D

(real Chargers only got 2 doors)

Even Coronet would have to look much better than that.

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

dpm68

Well a return to a two door would be nice. Oh, and Hi Brock, Suzy and I got back in the Mile-high a couple of nights ago. What a trip. We killed a lot of bugs on our way. SF was by far the nicest city we stayed in. Can we move in? Thanks for cartin us around and I will crank out some pics soon - Dave.

Lizey

1977 Dodge Charger SE - Sold 4/18/15
2013 Chevrolet Camaro RS
1993 GMC K1500
1943 Farmall A

A383Wing

Yea...the above pic has 2 doors now.,..but it's just a Coronet anyway...I see no resemblance to the first, second, or third generation original Charger...

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: chargerjy9 on May 09, 2009, 07:06:09 AM
that sketch is not even close from the real thing that Chrysler is doing. Believe me, I know. I worked in Chrysler Design Office for 35 years before I was retired. the new Charger WILL NOT have 2 doors. It is the same configuration as the current one, 4 DOORS. This was one of the last projects I worked on before I left. If they can stay afloat this new design is very cool, 4 doors or not. Many styling cues were taken from the 2nd gen body, they are readily apparent. I was very critical of the current version and voiced it when it was being developed. They listened to many of our concerns this time around and the end result is spectacular, yes even though it has 4 doors. You will like it.
" They listened to many of our concerns this time around "  That makes no sense? 
Maybe your concerns but not any red blooded American.
That's like building a 4 door vette or Camaro and Mustang?  Stupid, no matter how nice you think it looks.  Are you getting a taste of a Charger lovers dedication to the original 2 door design yet?  And you guys probably wonder why American car companies are in trouble?  Yeah keep listing to yourself and not the consumer.  Would you like to start a poll about whether the new designed Charger should be 2 doors or 4 doors?  But you guys worked on a 4 door, I guess all the hate mail to Ma Mopar when they built the 4 door Charger never got read?  Go ahead build what you guys want not what the public asked for.  I hope there are enough of you to buy enough of them to stay afloat.  A new model charger done after the 2nd gen body style would be a huge hit out of the park.  But they are building another 4 door you say?  Great.  :eek2:  :down:

I've posted a few times here and rarely have I been rude, but it bugs me that the opportunity to build a new Charger is due and after all the complaints about " why didn't they do a 2 door? "  You tell us were still getting a 4 door and that truly  bugs me.   :Twocents:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

chargerjy9

GEESH, I stepped on a land mine. Not to be rude, but get over it!!! the red blooded American comment went to far.
I was 17 when the 68 charger came out, I thought it then and still do now that it was the finest sculpted car ever. I was very vocal about the 4 door issue, especially Trevor Creeds comment that " who says they had the real Charger" I hate it, but I know thay there are not enough of us 58 year olds who are willing to buy that car to make it feasible to build. Pure and simple. Give em a break, they do listen but they are not going to invest the capital it would take to satisfy those few of us. the guy who runs Design and his designers were not even around when the 2nd gen came out, they have no history with the design,
1977 AMC Pacer original

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: chargerjy9 on May 12, 2009, 10:02:25 PM
GEESH, I stepped on a land mine. Not to be rude, but get over it!!! the red blooded American comment went to far.
I was 17 when the 68 charger came out, I thought it then and still do now that it was the finest sculpted car ever. I was very vocal about the 4 door issue, especially Trevor Creeds comment that " who says they had the real Charger" I hate it, but I know thay there are not enough of us 58 year olds who are willing to buy that car to make it feasible to build. Pure and simple. Give em a break, they do listen but they are not going to invest the capital it would take to satisfy those few of us. the guy who runs Design and his designers were not even around when the 2nd gen came out, they have no history with the design,
O.K I'm better now.  :icon_smile_big:  But many people are passioniate about the Charger always being a 2 door and then to hear that they are redoing the car and it's still going to be a four door again stinks.

What was going to far with the "Red blooded american " comment?  What color should the blood be?  :shruggy:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

chargerjy9

YES IT STINKS but that is reality as far as Ma Mopar is today.  I am as passionate as any regarding Chargers especially 2nd gen. I own a 3rd gen presently. I am as red blooded as any American, although I BLEED MOPAR BLUE  as Chrysler has put food on my table for near 50 years. I will defend her, there will never be anything on my driveway unless it sports a PENTASTAR. Chrysler has never been the same since it was taken over by  the Germans,  (thanks, Bob, er, Judas! ) they stripped us bare and are largely responsible for the mess we are in today.   I am sorry, you struck a nerve. I feel the same way you do but having been in the trenches there, I understand why thry do as they have. I fear for her future, brought on by events out of our control.
1977 AMC Pacer original

Bob

73chgrSE

Brock Samson

for the record, dodge did what it said it would do, and that was, it brought out a two door in Challenger clothes once the 300, Magnum, and charger sold over 100,000 units... they said that was their strategy back when the charger was launched and we all bitched and moaned...
they arn't gonna mess up their product placement strategy with a two door charger now, all those hardpoints are wired in now, in stone, don't expect any wasp waisted swoopy designs with hidden headlights and tapering overhangs ever again,..
the chally is about as good as it'll get.  :shruggy:

Ghoste

With the looming CAFE standards we'll be lucky to keep the Challenger.