News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

70 daytona clone for sale

Started by BigBlockSam, May 08, 2009, 10:38:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

nice start but needs a ton of work to make it accurate

70 intereior , no working hlps , no plug/shortened deck , and who knows whats under that black stuff in the trunk floor
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

BigBlockSam

no latch tray , yea they cut a lot of corners
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Go Hogs Go

I saw this car in person at the Pate Swap meet at Texas Motor Speedway. He was asking $29,900. The car is really not that bad, but does have a few areas of concern. It's probably an o.k. car depending on the price. If anyone is really serious about the car pm me and I'll tell you what I saw. I don't like bang'en on other folks rides.
Go Hogs!

UFO

Decent looking car.
Buy it and drive the wheels off of it.

Hemidog

cool clone, but what is up with that daytona stripe and wing braces?

hotrod98

I could live with everything except the vinyl top and wing braces. The car would be a buy at 25K if he decides to make someone a deal if it doesn't meet his reserve.

We missed the Pate Swap meet this year. There just hasn't been any mopar stuff there lately.
Of course, the one year that we don't go there's a Daytona clone there.  ;D

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

41husk

I would agree? 25k or under and drive the heck out of it :cheers:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

sunroofsuperbird

That looks like the car from NC near me that was for sale about a year ago for around $20.000 it was talked about on here alot then. I know it was a 70 3sp car also? and looks just like it.
Some of My Mopars
69 Charger R/T 4x4
71 Challenger R/T stationwagon
70 Sunroof superbird clone
70 Superbird conv
69 Daytona 4X4 clone
68 GTX conv
71 Challenger conv pace car
70 Swinger Conv
2 78 Aspen Super Coupes
78 Aspen Super Coupe Sedan Delivery
80 Aspen Load Runner wagon
67 Fury 6 door limo wagon
76 Aspen R/T sunroof
38 dodge street rod
40 Dodge Tk street rod
and many more projects

hemigeno

I went looking for the link to that thread, and wasn't able to find it until sunroofsuperbird mentioned the 3-speed transmission thing again.  Here 's the link:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,21322.0/all.html

Unfortunately, all the links are dead and have been removed for a while, but it sounds like the same car especially with the location of the Daytona lettering on the stripe.  We weren't too impressed at the time, but perhaps they've straightened out a lot of the car's problems since then - who knows?   :shruggy:

RTDaddy

Wpuld that car be from just north of Greensboro?  If so, I gave those guys some tips on doing that car, and saw the "before."

"IF YOU'RE UNDER CONTROL, YOU AIN'T GOING FAST ENOUGH."
"IF YOU'RE UNDER CONTROL, YOU AIN'T GOING FAST ENOUGH."

petercharger

I believe that this may be one of old dane's...what do you think?? :scratchchin:
best way to get a hold of me is brushcollege@msn.com...thanks

hemigeno

Quote from: petercharger on May 08, 2009, 09:11:21 PM
I believe that this may be one of old dane's...what do you think?? :scratchchin:

I sure hope Dane wouldn't be given "credit" for this nosecone mounting setup:

UFO

Quote from: hemigeno on May 09, 2009, 07:56:59 AM

Yikes,That's a little scary.
I think I will change my earlier post-"fix the nose mounts then drive the wheels off of it".

FJ5WING

I wouldnt go as far as to call them "mounts".  :eek2: theyre straps at best.  :hah:
wingless now, but still around.

chargerkid01

Hey bigblocksam you buy this one I'll go get it and bring it to you intrade for the rest of the pieces that belong to the front clip I bought off you (aka the rest of the 69 charger) :smilielol:

BigBlockSam

QuoteHey bigblocksam you buy this one I'll go get it and bring it to you intrade for the rest of the pieces that belong to the front clip I bought off you (aka the rest of the 69 charger) smilielol

:smilielol: :smilielol:  last  thing i need rite now is another project  :eek2:  i'm trying to get my 440 sixpack challenger on the road .

besides the rest of that 69 charger  is my daytona .  ;D
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

69charger2002

sure looks like the same one we discussed way back. i wanted it but it had weird looking quarter bottoms and if i remember right the rear frame rails had been sectioned..
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

chargerkid01

Quote from: BigBlockSam on May 09, 2009, 03:32:26 PM
QuoteHey bigblocksam you buy this one I'll go get it and bring it to you intrade for the rest of the pieces that belong to the front clip I bought off you (aka the rest of the 69 charger) smilielol

:smilielol: :smilielol:  last  thing i need rite now is another project  :eek2:  i'm trying to get my 440 sixpack challenger on the road .

besides the rest of that 69 charger  is my daytona .  ;D

Hey it was worth a try. How are all those projects coming along ? I imagine I'll be going to my sisters sometime this summer I'll have to come up again and shoot the breeze!!

That ebay daytona is not to bad I guess.

Daytona Guy

Quote from: hemigeno on May 09, 2009, 07:56:59 AM

This car has been though a lot of changed since I built this. They took of the aluminum wing and replaced it with a glass wing. It was not a manual 3 speed car. It was a 318 car. Someone put in a 8 ¾ rear end in it (nice move). I built this car with not a lot of money. Made my own nose (was not the best). I wanted to get this Daytona so I could drive it and was going to perfect it over time. Then I had to sell it in temp condition. It is what it is - a fun car. I did not have vinyl top on it. At the time I did that car there was not much available unless you have a ton of money. The car itself is a good car.

69charger2002

was the tail panel pushed in when you had it? looks like the taillights aren't squared in the tail panel something looks off for sure   :shruggy:
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/