News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A present for SKIP and all the General Lee lovers

Started by teamroth, May 07, 2009, 09:06:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teamroth

Skip and I talked about this episode of the Dukes when we were in Vegas, and I've been looking on youtube for a while, and this guy just posted this stuff up a few weeks ago. Just something to brighten your spirits buddy....Happy Birthday General Lee!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuZm5QB2LXg&feature=channel_page

As always, mods if you find this is the wrong place for it, please move.
I'd rather die than go to heaven.

ChgrSteve67

Proof the GL did not have a HEMI ?

Was that a 383 or 440 ?

teamroth

I never believed it had a HEMI. Looked like 440, but not sure

69bronzeT5

One of my favorite episodes of the Dukes for sure. Gotta love the era when they used model cars for jumps :lol:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

teamroth

Well Cody, the stunts looked like shit, but if it saved some cars, hell I'm all for it. :2thumbs:

skip68

Thanks Thad. :cheers:    Because of you doing this, we all sat down and watched the whole episode.   :smilielol:     Chuck..........
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Red Ram

You'd think I would have liked that show as a kid...being car crazy. But for whatever reason the Dukes never did it for me. It seemed so 70's Hollywood stunt-like. Maybe it's because I grew up in the northwest or something?! It's amazing to me how many people love the show even after all of these years!
"In search of truth...some pointy boots and a few snack-crackers"

resq302

Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Mike DC

In the only published official specs of the GL from the years of the TV series, the studio called it a 440 4bbl automatic. 

The motor in the barn in this episode is actually a busted 383 they had on hand. 

The two designated closeup cars were both 383s with similiar dressings underhood.

The stunt crew used 383s and 440s commonly.  On windy dirt roads there wasn't much of a real-world difference in the power between the two motors.

magnum

Any one notice that the old guy at the yard called it a 68 coup :icon_smile_big:.
Takes a MOPAR to catch a mopar!

Tilar

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

mauve66

Quote from: magnum on May 08, 2009, 12:22:10 AM
Any one notice that the old guy at the yard called it a 68 coup :icon_smile_big:.

well, it is...............
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak