News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Father/Son Project

Started by magnum, May 08, 2009, 09:58:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magnum

I just wanted to say that not only do I finally have a 69 to work on but I get to work side by side with my father. Today we celebrated his 52nd B-Day and he got his set of wheels that he wanted for his project. Its not a Mopar but it is a 76 Chevy 4x4 Stepside, which he has always wanted. My dad is mostly a motor head and has done all the body work himself and takes great pride in his work. What gets me most is he asks for my opinion and it puts a smile on my face every time. My dad has taught me a lot about motors and cars and is the main reason I have been Mopar as he had a 64 Sport Fury and a 71 GTX as I grew up.  I'm very proud of my dad and was wondering if anyone else gets to work with there dad on their project. :icon_smile_wink:
Takes a MOPAR to catch a mopar!

jb666

Awesome!! Cherish these moments in life as they won't be around forever!! Congrats man, way to go  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

devilgear

Wow that is great..I don't get to work with my dad, but I am working on our 2 Chargers with my 7 year old son...I hope he feels the same about me as you do about your dada someday...

mikesbbody

Your lucky your Father's a Motorhead my Dad was only ever into his british p.o.s  :lol: enjoy the time spent together.

69bronzeT5

Me and my dad used to work on my Charger when he lived here...that's one of the reasons he got it for me. But now we've been doing some work on the Duster in Vancouver until I can get it running and drive it home. We will be working on his Mustang at his house though. I used to help him when I was a kid with numerous cars he worked on for friends. Mainly his one friend's....he had a '70 GSX and a '71 Camaro RS Z28 my dad restored. My dad also worked on some of his other cars including a Big Bad Orange '70 AMX 390 4spd w/ the Go pack, '65 Galaxie with a 427 Police Interceptor and tons of other cars he had. There was also the time he worked on and sold a '68 AMC Rambler convertible for another guy he knew.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Sublime/Sixpack

Thats great magnum! Enjoy every minute of it. :2thumbs:
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

skip68

:2thumbs:   learn all you can from him.   It's cool that you guys can have this time to spend doing what you guys love.    :cheers:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Tilar

That's great that you can enjoy this with your Dad. I was raised on a farm and the only thing Dad is into are John Deere Tractors, and that is only to drive them across the field or take them to the local fair once I restore them.  :lol:  It doesn't matter to me though because he is still around and we do have fun together.

I did get the chance to rebuild an 81 Camaro with my son when he turned 16. That time we spent on that car is worth more to me than anything in the world... And i'm sure your Dad feels the same way about the time you two are spending together on your projects.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

aone415

Magnum that's awesome... While we've shopped out our project on the 68, my dad and I have done the whole thing together... He often refers to his car as OUR car.  It's been great doing things with him and hearing all of his wild car and war stories as we move towards getting the Charger back on the road again.  What's best is that we're current;y looking for a 71 Plymouth B-Body or a 70 Charger for our next project... And this one, we'll wrench ourselves!

Like others have said, cherish every moment with pops, in this country it's becoming a rare event  :'(

This Charger right here is a one of none, that means none before it, none to come.

Charger-Bodie

Thats great to work with your Dad and enjoy things together, as its already been said thats knida rare these days!

For me I was luck enough to pretty much grow up in my Dads Body Shop.He lost his shop to a fire when I was 6th grade, he rebuilt and then got sick of it when I was in High school.  :brickwall: I was mad at him for a quite a while for that. But what I do still have is all the stuff he taught me. (and thats alot because he is the best metal finisher Ive ever known) He can pick and file most dents in less time than it takes for a hacker to cave and pave a dent.

But as far as working together, that dont work well for us. We are both too stubborn.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

jaak

Thats cool! My Dad isn't a "car guy" but Im real close with him. We go to football games and stuff like that together, we went to Alabama's A-day game 3 weeks ago (Roll Tide!) and got to go to the Alabama/Auburn Iron Bowl a couple of years ago.

I have an 11 month old boy, and I look foward to me and him turning wrenches together when he gets older.

Jason