News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I have a question

Started by bigcountry, May 05, 2009, 11:19:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigcountry

On cars with white interior, Does the dash pad match (white) or was it another color?  And what about the carpet, white carpet?  seems to hard to keep clean.
Cut to size, Beat to fit, Paint to match.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Heres a nice example of what should be white (on a 69 any way) from my Registry Gallery

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

69bronzeT5

It depends. I've seen white interior cars with black dashes & pads. Where my Duster has parchment (almost white interior) but the dash & pad is a tan colour. I'm also putting my money that the carpets in white cars were black...however, mine was tan :scratchchin:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Ghoste

I've never seen white carpet in a car.  I'm sure it's out there, I just cannot recall ever seeing it.  I don't think I've seen a white dash pad either from at least the mid 60's.  Wasn't it a glare issue?

69*F5*SE

I never recall seeing white carpet or white dash in any Chargers that I've seen either.   :shruggy:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on May 05, 2009, 11:24:05 AM
It depends. I've seen white interior cars with black dashes & pads. Where my Duster has parchment (almost white interior) but the dash & pad is a tan colour. I'm also putting my money that the carpets in white cars were white...however, mine was tan :scratchchin:

How much you have to bet?

PS---parchment is tan, not white hence the tan pad & carpet
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

dodgecharger-fan

I'm pretty sure that white interiors always had black dash, carpet, console, steering column - at least based on ordering info.
I have a document somewhere that specs this all out. I'll see if I can find it.

I don't think I've ever seen a white carpet either.

Martian R/T

On my 70 R/T the interior is white, the dash pad and the carpet are both black.  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
                            1970 Charger R/T 440 Auto 3:55 Martian Green???

ds440

In '68 you could get a white interior with a gold, green, red, black and blue dash pad.  I always assumed that the carpet would then match the dash pad.  I've only seen the red/white and blue/white combos and who knows if it was "correct"....so don't quote me on it. :lol:
1968 Charger R/T, 440 auto.

PocketThunder

Quote from: ds440 on May 05, 2009, 12:08:07 PM
In '68 you could get a white interior with a gold, green, red, black and blue dash pad.  I always assumed that the carpet would then match the dash pad.  I've only seen the red/white and blue/white combos and who knows if it was "correct"....so don't quote me on it. :lol:

I just did!  HA!   :icon_smile_big:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

69bronzeT5

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on May 05, 2009, 11:55:49 AM
Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on May 05, 2009, 11:24:05 AM
It depends. I've seen white interior cars with black dashes & pads. Where my Duster has parchment (almost white interior) but the dash & pad is a tan colour. I'm also putting my money that the carpets in white cars were white...however, mine was tan :scratchchin:

How much you have to bet?

Woops!!!! I meant black. :slap: My door panels in the Duster are completley white though and the seats are almost white.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

bigcountry

Very helpful info, thanks for all of the input :2thumbs:
Cut to size, Beat to fit, Paint to match.

Troy

Package tray, seat belts, carpet, dash and dash pads, kick panels, console, steering column, A-pillar moldings, coat hooks, the metal upper windshield interior trim and (I believe) the painted rear window trim were black except for some 68s with the "white and <some color>" interior. The white pieces are seat covers, door panels, door pads, arm rests, headliner, sunvisors, and the painted trim along the sides of the headliner above the side window seals. The 68 white is a "pearl white" which is different than the other years.

I have 2 white interior cars - 3 if you count the Barracuda (which was different than 2nd gen Chargers) and 4 if you count the Ford (which is very similar to the Chargers).

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

mopar_nut_440_6

I had a 68 Gold with white interior. The carpet was a gold color and the dash pad was a gold color as well. The belts were also a goldish colour.
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

Ghoste

Quote from: Troy on May 05, 2009, 11:23:38 PM...The 68 white is a "pearl white" which is different than the other years.

Troy

Do you mean the "pearl" is different or that "pearl white" is a 68 only thing?  Because pearl white is also used in 67.

Troy

Quote from: Ghoste on May 06, 2009, 08:23:22 AM
Quote from: Troy on May 05, 2009, 11:23:38 PM...The 68 white is a "pearl white" which is different than the other years.

Troy

Do you mean the "pearl" is different or that "pearl white" is a 68 only thing?  Because pearl white is also used in 67.
Geesh, I need to throw more caveat's out there. ;) I know the original poster was talking about 2nd gens so that's what I tried to answer. I have no idea if the 67 and 68 pearl whites are the same. I would assume so but that's more of a wild guess.

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Ghoste

Not a caveat really, it's just the way it was worded made me wonder if there were different pearl whites and well, that's part of why we're here isn't it, to further our knowledge?