News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The Hemi That Got Away...

Started by 426HemiCharger, May 04, 2009, 06:06:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGhost

Quote from: Brock Samson on May 04, 2009, 11:05:09 PM
as I recall Ghost had not too stellar first few mos. here as well,.. but who's countin?..  :shruggy:

See previous post, Brock.

Quote from: TheGhost on May 04, 2009, 07:49:32 PM
Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on May 04, 2009, 07:26:56 PMHey Chris - can we ban people for acts of extreme retardation ?

I don't think so.  If we could, I could think of several dozen members who would be banned.  Myself included.

We all have our retard moments.

That being said, I'm interested in hearing this kid's answer.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Rolling_Thunder

my question still stands - I know we all have our moments but I think this has to take the cake of ANY ONE's "rocky start"       

Should we ban like Moparts ?   or have an age limit ?
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

captnsim

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on May 05, 2009, 12:40:36 AM
my question still stands - I know we all have our moments but I think this has to take the cake of ANY ONE's "rocky start"      

No we seem to handle things just fine in house as far as I see.

TheGhost

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on May 05, 2009, 12:40:36 AM

God no!  The less our moderators act like their counterparts over at moparts, the better.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

ChargerSG

Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

six-tee-nine

Oh boy, another one of these  ::) threads.....

Imagination can be a unhandleable beast it seems...
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

68r/t

Sorry, but the boy is a dreamer, you just have look at the I want a cheap "insert rare part here"  , and anyone want a 40year old "nos" charger badge for $$$$$$$. 

Come on,  think before you type.

69charger2002

so seriously all joking aside
1. how did you come to the realization your car is a mopar performance race car?
2. how did you miss out on a hemi car at 7 years old?

everyone quit making off topic posts and let's see the answer
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

BB1

You really have to leave your brain at the door and have one foot on a flaming bag of shit to believe this kid.
Delete my profile

moparstuart

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on May 04, 2009, 07:10:48 PM
Quote from: C_stripes on May 04, 2009, 06:27:07 PM
Do you all remember when there was a kid on cardomain that said he owned Mr. Angry?   LMAO.  This kind of reminds me of that. Seems some people like to make stories to sound cool. I am still trying to figure out how a 16? year old kid has enough money to buy a 69 R/T. Maybe I didn't work hard enough as a child to save that up. hmm.

HEMI,  I have a question. Here is part of your cardomain; " I got my car on September 20, 2008 for my 15th birthday.  The car as I came to find out was actually a "Mopar Performance Race Team" race car.  This means that the car had its carpet stripped the ignition was modified, aftermaker tachometer,headers and various other mods." 

I am curious; First off, how do you know it was a "Mopar Performance Race Team" car? Second. Did you know that Mopar Performance didn't even exist in 69?   :shruggy: Maybe I am a dummy for not understanding. But if it was a "race team" car back in the day, I am sure it would have been a HEMI and if it was a more recent Mopar Performance race car. I would bet that the paint would still have been on there and your buddy that you bought it from would have known and charged more for it. Plus the car would have been tubed etc... So I have some serous doubts that it was a race car of any kind other than maybe someones personal street car.

So everyone can see. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3160504

I remember a kid on CarDomain that said MY car was his :rotz:
there is a kid on cardomain who says my car is his right now , sad thing is if he offed me it would be his   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

C_stripes

Quote from: moparstuart on May 05, 2009, 09:13:23 AM
Do you all remember when there was a kid on cardomain that said he owned Mr. Angry?   LMAO.  This kind of reminds me of that. Seems some people like to make stories to sound cool. I am still trying to figure out how a 16? year old kid has enough money to buy a 69 R/T. Maybe I didn't work hard enough as a child to save that up. hmm.

HEMI,  I have a question. Here is part of your cardomain; " I got my car on September 20, 2008 for my 15th birthday.  The car as I came to find out was actually a "Mopar Performance Race Team" race car.  This means that the car had its carpet stripped the ignition was modified, aftermaker tachometer,headers and various other mods." 

I am curious; First off, how do you know it was a "Mopar Performance Race Team" car? Second. Did you know that Mopar Performance didn't even exist in 69?   :shruggy: Maybe I am a dummy for not understanding. But if it was a "race team" car back in the day, I am sure it would have been a HEMI and if it was a more recent Mopar Performance race car. I would bet that the paint would still have been on there and your buddy that you bought it from would have known and charged more for it. Plus the car would have been tubed etc... So I have some serous doubts that it was a race car of any kind other than maybe someones personal street car.

there is a kid on cardomain who says my car is his right now , sad thing is if he offed me it would be his   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Isn't it your son?
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

moparstuart

Quote from: C_stripes on May 05, 2009, 09:16:48 AM
Quote from: moparstuart on May 05, 2009, 09:13:23 AM

there is a kid on cardomain who says my car is his right now , sad thing is if he offed me it would be his   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Isn't it your son?
yeah but he didnt change it to say it's his dads car untill i caught him advertising it was his LOL
I see now that i put a page up he took his down .   He is only 17 and has like 7 cars or his own  now but still felt he had to steal mine  .   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:     kids  :shruggy:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Foreman72

all im interested in is the story behind the origin of this post...
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

69bronzeT5

426, just tell the truth. The one thing people on this board don't like is lying.  :Twocents:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

69*F5*SE

devilgear

"Just tell the truth. The one thing people on this board don't like is lying."   

Ok ok I admit it...I sometimes tip a few back and try to dance along to the Thriller video....Happy now....

PocketThunder

Quote from: devilgear on May 05, 2009, 02:13:15 PM
"Just tell the truth. The one thing people on this board don't like is lying."   

Ok ok I admit it...I sometimes tip a few back and try to dance along to the Thriller video....Happy now....

what are you wearing ?  red jacket and one glove?   :shruggy:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Cooperman

Do you all remember when there was a kid on cardomain that said he owned Mr. Angry?   LMAO.  This kind of reminds me of that. Seems some people like to make stories to sound cool...

There was this one on Motortopia too... http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,36066.0/all.html

I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants!

hs1973

not that its ok to teel a lie, but havent wee all been 16 wishing wee was part off the club :scratchchin:. obviusly this kid is has not thought his story trough  and is feeling doumb that he told a lie we all saw trough. alot of us wish wee had the means and oppertunety to be owner of a hemi and some times the mind off a 16 yearold cant tell if he is real world or dreaming, i think maybe next time he will think twice about sharering his dreamworld with us. and now we should be the grown ups that we are and let him off the hook, just my 2 cents .

dstryr

Quote from: hs1973 on May 05, 2009, 04:13:47 PMand some times the mind off a 16 yearold cant tell if he is real world or dreaming, i think maybe next time he will think twice about sharering his dreamworld with us. and now we should be the grown ups that we are and let him off the hook, just my 2 cents .

The real world has to start somewhere and for this kid it just started. ;)  I was just gonna ask for a sticky so it didn't die too soon. :lol: :lol:
dstryr, since 1986.

Bill of Rights
Must be 18. Void where prohibited. Not available in all states. Some restrictions apply.

69_500

Wow interesting. Guess that means I just missed out on a R4 red HEMI 500 as well. Too bad I was 7 when my dad sold that one, or can I still lay claim to it?

devilgear

"what are you wearing ?  red jacket and one glove?"

No just a red plaid shirt and a dirty oven mit....I work with what I have......

devilgear

By the way I say we chaulk this one up to being a dumb 16 year old...If the kid admits his mistake, lets forgive him and move on with a fresh start...If he does not admit it, well then he has what he has now...So 426 are you cool with that?

bk72

Back N Black

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on May 05, 2009, 01:22:40 PM
426, just tell the truth. The one thing people on this board don't like is lying.  :Twocents:

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Remember how you started out?  :slap: