News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The Hemi That Got Away...

Started by 426HemiCharger, May 04, 2009, 06:06:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TUFCAT

Quote from: 426HemiCharger on May 04, 2009, 06:06:27 PM
This Hemi Charger was 20 miles from my house.  I could have bought it cheap and finished the resto myself. I eat myself alive for this I can't believe I didn't act on this!!! 20 MILES! 20 f***ing MILES  :brickwall: :flame:.

www.69hemi.com

check it out!

Funny kid, funny.  :icon_smile_big:

69bronzeT5

Thought I'd tell the story on my Charger. My car was sold brand new at Colorado Dodge in 1969 to a soldier named Pvt. Holmes just coming back from war. He saw a T5 Copper '69 R/T and fell in love with it but he couldn't afford a R/T so he decided to order a T5 Copper base 318 car. He picked up the car when it arrived, drove it for a few years and then he was called back to duty. Ended up getting shot in combat and died in 1972. His grief stricken mom put the Charger away in the garage until 1979 when a guy by the name of James Bootlaw spotted the car when the garage was open one day. He bought the car for $500 and then ended up moving to Calgary Alberta. The car got shipped over a few months later. While in a storage lot waiting for him to pick it up, somebody busted out the windshield and keyed the car, the main damage being on the hood. He finally picked it up but the damage to the car was too much for him to deal with so he sold the car to a guy named Josh Locke who got the car towed to his house in early 1981. He rebuilt the 318 and then after the transmission went bad a year later, he parked it. He then moved to Vancouver BC where he again, parked it...this time in his backyard from the 1985 to 1997. The quarters, front floor pans, rear frame rail, rear valance and some other parts rusted out during this time. A guy by the name of Robert Campton was on the look-out for a Charger parts car for his smashed up '69 Charger 500. He bought the car, took it home and parted it out pretty well. Then in 1998, me and my dad found the car and bought it and that brings us to present day. Now that you've read all of this, just thought I'd let you know that this story is completley made up and is different from the true story of my car. This story was made up in 5 minutes to prove a point. :D
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

BlaineKaiser450

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on May 04, 2009, 06:45:54 PM
Quote from: C_stripes on May 04, 2009, 06:27:07 PM
The car as I came to find out was actually a "Mopar Performance Race Team" race car.  This means that the car had its carpet stripped the ignition was modified, aftermaker tachometer,headers and various other mods." 

My Charger has no carpet, a Garlits tach, no ignition (MUST of been modified!) and some other mods.....woah, my car must be a "Mopar Perfomance Race Team" race car!!! SWEET!!!!! :smilielol: :sarcasmalert:

I'm calling the :icon_bs: patrol.
lol my plymouth doesnt have any of that stuff! maybe its a secret race car too!
1969 Plymouth Satellite - 440 - 727 - 3.73 - 8 3/4 Suregrip

1993 Dodge W350 Dually

1999 F250 7.3

mikepmcs

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on May 04, 2009, 08:06:31 PM
Thought I'd tell the story on my Charger. My car was sold brand new at Colorado Dodge in 1969 to a soldier named Pvt. Holmes just coming back from war. He saw a T5 Copper '69 R/T and fell in love with it but he couldn't afford a R/T so he decided to order a T5 Copper base 318 car. He picked up the car when it arrived, drove it for a few years and then he was called back to duty. Ended up getting shot in combat and died in 1972. His grief stricken mom put the Charger away in the garage until 1979 when a guy by the name of James Bootlaw spotted the car when the garage was open one day. He bought the car for $500 and then ended up moving to Calgary Alberta. The car got shipped over a few months later. While in a storage lot waiting for him to pick it up, somebody busted out the windshield and keyed the car, the main damage being on the hood. He finally picked it up but the damage to the car was too much for him to deal with so he sold the car to a guy named Josh Locke who got the car towed to his house in early 1981. He rebuilt the 318 and then after the transmission went bad a year later, he parked it. He then moved to Vancouver BC where he again, parked it...this time in his backyard from the 1985 to 1997. The quarters, front floor pans, rear frame rail, rear valance and some other parts rusted out during this time. A guy by the name of Robert Campton was on the look-out for a Charger parts car for his smashed up '69 Charger 500. He bought the car, took it home and parted it out pretty well. Then in 1998, me and my dad found the car and bought it and that brings us to present day.

Now that story, I buy! :2thumbs:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Back N Black

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on May 04, 2009, 08:06:31 PM
Thought I'd tell the story on my Charger. My car was sold brand new at Colorado Dodge in 1969 to a soldier named Pvt. Holmes just coming back from war. He saw a T5 Copper '69 R/T and fell in love with it but he couldn't afford a R/T so he decided to order a T5 Copper base 318 car. He picked up the car when it arrived, drove it for a few years and then he was called back to duty. Ended up getting shot in combat and died in 1972. His grief stricken mom put the Charger away in the garage until 1979 when a guy by the name of James Bootlaw spotted the car when the garage was open one day. He bought the car for $500 and then ended up moving to Calgary Alberta. The car got shipped over a few months later. While in a storage lot waiting for him to pick it up, somebody busted out the windshield and keyed the car, the main damage being on the hood. He finally picked it up but the damage to the car was too much for him to deal with so he sold the car to a guy named Josh Locke who got the car towed to his house in early 1981. He rebuilt the 318 and then after the transmission went bad a year later, he parked it. He then moved to Vancouver BC where he again, parked it...this time in his backyard from the 1985 to 1997. The quarters, front floor pans, rear frame rail, rear valance and some other parts rusted out during this time. A guy by the name of Robert Campton was on the look-out for a Charger parts car for his smashed up '69 Charger 500. He bought the car, took it home and parted it out pretty well. Then in 1998, me and my dad found the car and bought it and that brings us to present day.

I thought that was a Country song about Private Malone and his corvette, do your radio switch stations on its own.  :shruggy:

69bronzeT5

See how easily a bullsh*t story can be made up? :lol: I made that story up in all of 5 minutes. The only true part is my car did sit from 1985-1997 when it was then bought by a guy who used it for parts for his '69 R/T. We bought it off of him.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Foreman72

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on May 04, 2009, 08:16:31 PM
See how easily a bullsh*t story can be made up? :lol: I made that story up in all of 5 minutes. The only true part is my car did sit from 1985-1997 when it was then bought by a guy who used it for parts for his '69 R/T. We bought it off of him.

dude...u got me hook

line

sinker

:brickwall: very funny...
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

mikepmcs

I'm done with you!   On the other hand, you should start thinking about being a writer. :lol:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

bk72

C_stripes

Cody.  You need to quit telling stories. I don't even believe you have any of your cars. And I bet you can't even play a guitar.  :nana:
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

Foreman72

Quote from: C_stripes on May 04, 2009, 08:21:43 PM
Cody.  You need to quit telling stories. I don't even believe you have any of your cars. And I bet you can't even play a guitar.  :nana:

HA! i bet u never even picked up a wrench! darn kids... :icon_smile_angry:

:lol:
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

Troy

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on May 04, 2009, 07:19:47 PM
PS----Troy, ya snooze ya lose pal ;)

I started writing before you posted the second time and you only beat me because I actually took the time to look up the facts (ie read the history section of Jet's site). So I'm slower but I'm "more right". ;)

Next time I'll just switch the timestamps on the posts... :D

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Brock Samson

Brock Samson

SFRT

anyone want to see my 1971 R/T Mod Top Daytona?

I won it in a poker game.
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

426HemiCharger

Chris! That's just nice  :rotz:

To all of you who doubt me about my story its your problem and sorry you feel like that.  :shruggy:

C_Stripes I don't know what's up with you!! Wow! :o
------------------------Cars I have now----------------------------
1969 Charger R/T
1998 Ford Econoline 150
2002 Hyundai Elantra GLS
-----------------------Cars I wish I had----------------------------
1969 Charger R/T 4-Speed or Hemi Clone
1970 Charger R/T Hemi Clone
1970  Dodge Polara IL State Police Car
---------------------------Future Posibilities------------------------
2010 or later Ford Fusion Hybrid (Replaces 2002 Hyundai)

PocketThunder

:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:  better get one more bag for this..   :popcrn:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Brock Samson

:scratchchin: not much in the explaination Dept.  :shruggy:

426HemiCharger

On my part? What do you want to know?
1969 Charger R/T
1998 Ford Econoline 150
2002 Hyundai Elantra GLS

TheGhost

No, on Clint Eastwood's part.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

426HemiCharger

1969 Charger R/T
1998 Ford Econoline 150
2002 Hyundai Elantra GLS

TheGhost

Yes, I am a jackass.  A sarcastic, pessimistic, smartass.  Just ask my friends.

You still owe us an explanation.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Khyron

Quote from: WingCharger on May 04, 2009, 07:36:38 PM
Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on May 04, 2009, 07:27:38 PM
Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on May 04, 2009, 07:26:56 PM
Hey Chris - can we ban people for acts of extreme retardation ?

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

That's the best thing I've heard all day!
:haha: :haha:

:dancinglock: :dancinglock: :dancinglock:

don't laugh kids, If thunder was right you both would have been gone a long time ago :nana:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

C_stripes

Quote from: 426HemiCharger on May 04, 2009, 10:07:15 PM
Chris! That's just nice  :rotz:

To all of you who doubt me about my story its your problem and sorry you feel like that.  :shruggy:

C_Stripes I don't know what's up with you!! Wow! :o

I was just curious as to what you mean by a "Mopar Performance Race Car"? It just doesn't add up.
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

Brock Samson

as I recall Ghost had not too stellar first few mos. here as well,.. but who's countin?..  :shruggy: