News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

cleaning driveway/concrete

Started by Silver R/T, May 01, 2009, 11:48:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silver R/T

I'd like to clean my driveway, got some oil stains/dirt. What's the best method/product?
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Neal_J

I've achieved good results with Castrol Super Clean (the purple stuff).  Spray it on the stain, scrub it in.  Wait an hour & wet the concrete.  Hit it again with the Castro and scrub brush.  Wait an hour & hose off.  Repeat as necessary.  I've never found anything that was a "one squirt & you're done" solution.

bull

I've had some pretty good luck with a product called Pour and Restore.

Here's their cheesy commercial: http://www.5starshine.com/info-pour-n-restore.html

Silver R/T

Ive read about dish detergent/laundry detergent but not sure if that would work well on oil/gear lube.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

bull

Quote from: Silver R/T on May 02, 2009, 08:52:49 PM
Ive read about dish detergent/laundry detergent but not sure if that would work well on oil/gear lube.

The problem is that when given time, oil seeps down into the pores of the concrete so all you can get to is what's sitting on the surface. The best thing to do is get it when it's fresh before it has time to seep down. I'm all out of Pour and Restore so the next thing I'm going to try is Dawn. I'm thinking if you pour it right on the oil spot without diluting it, scrub it with a stiff brush and let it sit for a while before rinsing... :shruggy:

Neal_J

I've tried Dawn and it works a little bit.  Been there, done that many times. 

As I said above, the hot ticket is to go down to Kragen & get some Castro Super Clean.

Todd Wilson

Muratic acid mixed in a bucket of water and then poured on the concrete and scrubed with a push broom.  Or straight out of the jug but its wicked stuff and will hurt you and the fumes can discolor chrome and stuff so you dont want it around any cars or metal that you care about. Then hose it down when you are done.

Todd

b5blue

"TSP" (tri-sodium phosphate) hardware stores and the like....cheap and effective.  :2thumbs:

mikesbbody

I use a homemade concoction I start with dabbing/rubbing the stain with a gas soaked rag, after that I hit it with some ordinary household bleach with a stiff brush, (wash that off) after that I use old coolant on the stain (which is still green no rusty yuky stuff) just leave it to soak. seems to work for me alot has to do with how big/old the stain is. This method does sometimes leave the concrete very white.

Dans 68

Quote from: bull on May 03, 2009, 10:06:47 AM
Quote from: Silver R/T on May 02, 2009, 08:52:49 PM

The problem is that when given time, oil seeps down into the pores of the concrete so all you can get to is what's sitting on the surface....

On a new slab it is a good idea to seal the concrete after the minimum 28 day cure. Even old slabs that have been reconditioned can be sealed to help keep stains out. http://www.enduroseal.com/ as an example.

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

moparstuart

Quote from: Todd Wilson on May 03, 2009, 11:17:52 AM
Muratic acid mixed in a bucket of water and then poured on the concrete and scrubed with a push broom.  Or straight out of the jug but its wicked stuff and will hurt you and the fumes can discolor chrome and stuff so you dont want it around any cars or metal that you care about. Then hose it down when you are done.

Todd

we used acid to clean the sides and floors of concrete swimming pools  works great !!!!

but you must be carefull

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE