News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Pics of the swap meet today!!

Started by bigred68, May 02, 2009, 06:58:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigred68

We went to the Dave and Ed's Canfield swap meet today. They had an incredible turn out. The weather was great, their was some nice cars,and even some Mopar parts. We went to the Quaker Steak & Lube after ward, wait till you see what was in the parking lot!! I'm gonna post the pics in a couple posts. This first post contains a beautiful '56? Chevy, see anything strange?

:cheers:

bigred68

These next pics are of some awsome cars that were on display at Canfield today. The RoadRunner was an awsome 4-speed, low miles, all original. The "rat rod" was just too cool. Note the front frame tie/bumper.
Also, check out the Javelin!

WingCharger

:drool5: :drool5: T-top Javelin!! Cool custom stripe too. :yesnod:

bigred68

These were at Quaker Steak & Lube after the swap meet. Check out the Griswald family Truckster!! and a pretty good lookin Duster!! A very nice day today. Damn, summer is FINALLY here!!

bigcountry

Is that '56 two different cars put together, or is that a stock option as a three door?
Cut to size, Beat to fit, Paint to match.

69bronzeT5

Any chance you got the vin number off the Duster? :shruggy:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Lowprofile

Quote from: bigcountry on May 02, 2009, 08:11:03 PM
Is that '56 two different cars put together, or is that a stock option as a three door?

There is a company that makes a kit to turn your 55-57 Chevy four door into a two door. I'll try to find the link.  :2thumbs:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

bigred68

Quote from: bigcountry on May 02, 2009, 08:11:03 PM
The story was that the car was originally a 4-door car that the owner had finished converting the drivers side to 2-doors when, his wife told him she liked the look of it the way it was (3-door) so, he left it! (That was the story anyhoo!) Neat!!

Just 6T9 CHGR

Wow the Family Truckster!   Wonder if it was one they used in the flick? :scratchchin:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

bigred68

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on May 02, 2009, 08:38:24 PM
Any chance you got the vin number off the Duster? :shruggy:
Yeh, crap, sorry no vin info. In my next encounters with any of those types of cars, if the owner is near, I'll ask if I can take a pic of the vin and explain why. (I saw your other post code.) I think that could be kind of a touchy situation, some people my not want others to go outta the way to obtain that kind of information. I'm honoured when/if I see someone snapping pics of bigred, I might get alittle pissed though if I saw them blocking the sun with their hand while they were writing down my vin (or snapping a pic of it through the glass) with their other hand. They'd BETTER ask, my answer would prolly be no. For instance, I have my fender tag hidden in my home. I personally MIGHT? give my vin info to or for the purposes of the '68 Charger registry but, I'LL add that info (if I decide too) NOT someone else. I gotta imagine their are alot of guy's who feel the way I do about that kinda' stuff. On the other hand, I certainly can see someone giving/letting someone have (or TAKE) that info with out a care as to why!!

bigred68

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on May 03, 2009, 05:27:41 AM
Wow the Family Truckster!   Wonder if it was one they used in the flick? :scratchchin:
Ya know, I never even thought about that. Crap, wish I would've asked. Heck you're right it could very well have been. The owners were standing near it when we left and I never even thought to ask. I just assumed it was a very good clone. It was a VERY good clone (if it wasn't the real thing).

bigcountry

The real Family Truckster had marker lights around three sides of the headlights and two woodgrain panels on the hood.  Plus a few other things. :2thumbs:
Cut to size, Beat to fit, Paint to match.

b5blue

bk72

Sublime/Sixpack

That '55 Chev would be quite the conversation piece at shows.
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak