News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Buzzit1's new 70 R/T-SE

Started by kab69440, May 02, 2009, 08:29:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kab69440

Here's a few pics of Buzzit1's new ride. Hopefully we'll get him trained in how to change filenames and pic posting.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

kab69440

A few more for you to drool over...
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Charger-Bodie

Looks like a very nice Charger!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

69bronzeT5

SCORE!!!!!! :drool5: Beautiful Charger! Love everything about it!!!! :2thumbs:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Buzzit1

Leon Hampton went with me to inspect it yesterday and it is a very rust free Calif. car with matching #'s and some very nice options including AM/8 track, power windows, 6 way seat, dual mirrors, aircond , vinyl top delete, SE addition, and a blue longitudinal stripe.  

I feel very lucky to have found it.  I do need to acquire a few parts such as a 2998956 radiator if anyone has one for sale please let me know.    

charger Downunder

[/quote]

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

472 R/T SE

Good lookin' ride.  :2thumbs:  I think the blue longitudinal stripe is on the rare side.

What's your plans, just drive & enjoy it or do some tinkering?  

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

grdprx

:drool5:  Beautiful Charger!  Love the Call Outs!   :drool5:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Buzzit1 on May 02, 2009, 08:39:16 PM
Leon Hampton went with me to inspect it yesterday and it is a very rust free Calif. car with matching #'s and some very nice options including AM/8 track, power windows, 6 way seat, dual mirrors, aircond , vinyl top delete, SE addition, and a blue longitudinal stripe.  

I feel very lucky to have found it.  I do need to acquire a few parts such as a 2998956 radiator if anyone has one for sale please let me know.    

This company makes the radiators in reproduction.  They are very nice pieces but are a bit pricey... over $1100 for a "956" which really isnt too bad when you consider junk 956's go for $500+

Glen-Ray Radiators, Inc.
2105 6th St
Wausau, WI 54403-3439
(715) 842-3352
(800) 537-3775
Fax: (715) 842-9626
Ray, Bob & RC Schirmer - Owners
Email: rcschirmer@charter.net

PS---welcome to the site!  :cheers:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

bigred68

Buzz, I love it!! Congrats!! I see some jelous 'vetts in your future!! Enjoy, I hope you have a ton of fun with it!!
:cheers:

FlatbackFanatic

Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

ChargerSG

Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

69*F5*SE

Congrats Buzz, the car is beautiful. Also, Leon's one hell of a guy. He helped me do some work on my car.  I'm in Roseville MI.  What parts are you from?   Ted

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Buzzit1

I live in Florida just North of Sarasota.  I flew to Michigan May 01  to look at this car reported to be from California and had no rust.  Leon Hampton met me at the sellers house (down a dirt and gravel road)  last friday and went over the car with a fine tooth comb.  We were both pleasantly surprised at how solid the car was and how complete.  The seller described the car and did not over describe the condition or anything else. 

I do need a 2998956 radiator if anyone has one for sale or can give me a lead.

I plan to tinker with the car  a little:  get the ac fixed, repair the non working clock, possibly see if the am/8 track is working - reportedly station selector gets very few radio stations, 8 track is questionable.  I also plan to correct the engine compartment with the proper routing of the carb pcv lines, gas line, some clamps on the lower battery cable, proper belts and hoses, wiper motor finish, correct battery, and Leon pointed out the air cleaner should have the crinkle/wrinkle black finish and this one does not at the present time. 

All in all should be a real fun project and I can't wait to show the members of the Manasota Mopar Club that I recently joined here in Florida my new acquisition.

Thanks for everyone's kind comments.  Special thanks to Barry Moorefield in PA., and Leon Hampton in Detroit, Mi., for giving me their time and advice on this car.  I graduated hs in 1969 and remember these beautiful cars when they were new.  Just so you know, minumum wage back then was $1.65 per hour and gas was 21.9 cents per gallon.  I am living the DREAM!

Best Regards,

Jim Blakely aka Buzzit1

Sublime/Sixpack

1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

Dodge Don

Your 70 looks very nice. A few odds & ends and it will be stunning.

69 OUR/TEA

TheGhost

Speaking of Chargers, how's your mix and match FrankenCharger thing coming along, kab?
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

hemi68charger

Very nice... Looks like Buzzit1 will be driving in style.........   :2thumbs:

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

bmoparmofo

Very nice ride, congrads!  :cheers:
69 charger 383 t5, 67 newport 383, 67 newport custom 383

TUFCAT

Nice of Leon Hemi Hampton to help you! ...goes to show how great people are on this board.  :cheers:

That is a BEAUTIFUL Charger. I love 70's.  :2thumbs:

Make sure you carry lots of microfiber towels to wipe off all the drool when you get back to Florida with it.  :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

mopar_nut_440_6

Very nice car and welcome to the site.

Not trying to be a jerk but just curious as I am unsure. Is the jack hold down spring mounted correctly as I thought the wheel wrench went through it?

Cheers,
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

472 R/T SE

Quote from: mopar_nut_440_6 on May 04, 2009, 01:01:35 PM

Not trying to be a jerk but just curious as I am unsure. Is the jack hold down spring mounted correctly as I thought the wheel wrench went through it?

Cheers,

Actually the sticker mounted on the inside trunk face shows the correct way.  Looks like his tire iron needs to be rotated 180 degrees and put inside the trunk mounted loop w/ the iron going through the looped end of the spring.

I always jacked up a few notches to put pressure on the iron to minimize rattles.

He's ahead of the game as far as I'm concerned.  I have no jack or tail light cover with my current car.

kab69440

Quote from: TheGhost on May 04, 2009, 07:44:21 AM
Speaking of Chargers, how's your mix and match FrankenCharger thing coming along, kab?

It isn't coming along at all, and won't be headed anywhere anytime soon, unless I miss my guess.

WANT TO BUY:

Thank you,    Kenny

Foreman72

wicked nice charger there...i don't usually favor 70's but that thing is sweet :cheers:
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

1969chargerrtse

This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

1969chargerrtse

I haven't restored my trunk area yet so let me ask this by what I see in the trunk picture.  Do you have to remove the filler tube to put down the trunk mat?  I don't see a split on the mat in the picture even though all areas can't be seen.  That would suck.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

kab69440

It takes all of 45 seconds to remove the three screws holding the gas filler cap and tube together. The tube can then be pivoted enough to slip the mat over the top.

WANT TO BUY:

Thank you,    Kenny

472 R/T SE

You can see here where the mat is cut.

paulgrr63

1970Moparmann

Quote from: paulgrr63 on May 04, 2009, 08:05:11 PM
Beautiful car :drool5:

Jim,

Good talking to you today.  Great looking car.  My first Charger was B3........   :2thumbs:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Dodge Don

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on May 04, 2009, 03:36:32 PM
Quote from: mopar_nut_440_6 on May 04, 2009, 01:01:35 PM

Cheers,

Actually the sticker mounted on the inside trunk face shows the correct way.  Looks like his tire iron needs to be rotated 180 degrees and put inside the trunk mounted loop w/ the iron going through the looped end of the spring.

I always jacked up a few notches to put pressure on the iron to minimize rattles.

He's ahead of the game as far as I'm concerned.  I have no jack or tail light cover with my current car.

Mike,

I agree, the iron should go through the loop bracket on the floor and the spring should go around the iron not attached to the loop bracket.

Curious on your thoughts.......I've seen variants but I always believed the spring should go around the iron just behind (rearward) of the loop to stop slippage as you tension the spring. Also on the iron itself I understood the lug head end should be at the rear in a vertical position....plus the iron should be black?

Just 6T9 CHGR

I have mine like you described Don...the way the jacking instructions decal pictures....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Dodge Don

Chris, proving again that a picture is worth a thousand words.  :2thumbs:

RTDaddy

JustNot just is correct on the red trunk pics/jack position.  I have a 70 R/T survivor the old man bought new, and the jack has never been out.  And Jim, I saw a "second" on putting the longitudinal stripes on your car like we talked about.   :icon_smile_big:

"IF YOU'RE UNDER CONTROL, YOU AIN'T GOING FAST ENOUGH."
"IF YOU'RE UNDER CONTROL, YOU AIN'T GOING FAST ENOUGH."

472 R/T SE

Quote from: Dodge Don on July 08, 2009, 08:08:26 AM
Chris, proving again that a picture is worth a thousand words.  :2thumbs:

Yeah I think it's easier for me to explain things with pictures.  I thought that was how I explained it.  :shruggy:  It only makes sense to me I guess.  ;)

The only reason I said anything was years ago on the old forum we had this discussion & Chris plumbed us up that he had looked at the trunk lid decal and found the correct way to secure every thing.

84shelby

I thought this car would show up here eventually,  man I was

high bid just after the reserve was lowered, Jim your bid in the last

five minutes topped mine, congratulations on such as nice car !

Richard

Mims Florida

Blakcharger440

Awesome Charger and its also the best year!  :2thumbs:

TUFCAT

hemi-hampton