News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Old, Old timers. When you where Bad, what did yours look like?

Started by cudaken, November 13, 2005, 09:03:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve P.

I grew up in a BLACK w/RED interior 62' Dart.... Bad to the Bone.......... :naughty:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

70charger_boy

firefighter3931

Quote from: 8WHEELER on October 27, 2007, 09:31:53 PM
Quote from: firefighter3931 on October 27, 2007, 09:15:59 PM
Dan, you're such a hooligan !  :nana: I luv those 62 Darts....thank God it was a 4 door that you crushed !!!!  :D

Someday i'll get a nice 62 and build a dedicated race car out of it !   :2thumbs:

Ron

:cheers:  I  definitely have a good time Ron   :METAL:  You like 62's? here you go bud, my friend # matching 413 maxy car  :2thumbs:

Dan

Now that is an awesome ride !  :drool5:  :bow: :punkrocka: :apimp:

I see this one very year at Norwalk....finally met the owner this year and bought a t-shirt off him with his car on it. He races in the NSS class 10.50 index. I absolutely luv this car !

Ron

68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Steve P.

I should send those pics to my mother and see if she remembers the car..   ;)
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

8WHEELER

Now that is an awesome ride !  :drool5:  :bow: :punkrocka: :apimp:

I see this one very year at Norwalk....finally met the owner this year and bought a t-shirt off him with his car on it. He races in the NSS class 10.50 index. I absolutely luv this car !

Ron

Ron, I have pictures of that car   :cheers: its great, have you seen these   :2thumbs:

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

dads_69

Here is my donation for the thread. Year is 1983 maybe 1984 in the summer photos. I'll dig some more up tonight as I am cleaning out an old photos album. The charger is a '68 w/a 383. It was my 4th or 5th charger out of the nine I had back then. I miss those days!
Enjoy.
The '70 R/T 440 was a fun car. I had just bought it the picture in Washington. The second car was my drag car. 440 wedge tunnel ram off at that time. Ran in the 11's with ease. The other green '68 w/a 383 car, my first,next to it is my '69 SE 383 my second car which I miss the most. The red '68 was a blast also. That was my G/F Kelly helping me wash it.
Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

firefighter3931

Quote from: 8WHEELER on October 27, 2007, 10:43:35 PM
Ron, I have pictures of that car   :cheers: its great, have you seen these   :2thumbs:

Dan

Yep, the first 3 pics i posted here....you must have saved them from old threads.  :2thumbs:

The first 2 are from the 2004 Norwalk show....the black 62 Dart is "Thor". The white car is a 62 Fury from my home province of Ontario.

The red 62 ragtop Dart is from a local carshow about 60 miles from here. The owner of the dealership that sponsers the show owns that car and several other cool Mopars.  :drool5:

Pics from that same show :

First pic has the 62 and the other car is his 63 Polara ragtop. Second pic is his 64 Polara ragtop. Last pic is his 71 Challenger ragtop with a 600HP MaCallum custom built Hemi. This guy likes his drop tops !  :icon_smile_big:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

TruckDriver

Quote from: 70charger_boy on October 27, 2007, 09:59:04 PM
Quote from: bull on October 27, 2007, 09:37:00 PM
No offense to anyone but man, those things are ugly. :shruggy:

You should know

:rotz: :slap:

Is it just me, or does the car look too small in this picture :scratchchin:

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

triple_green

Here are the Dart twins My HS car and My College car. Luckily no picture of me   :yesnod:
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

terrible one

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on October 28, 2007, 07:15:38 AM
Quote from: 70charger_boy on October 27, 2007, 09:59:04 PM
Quote from: bull on October 27, 2007, 09:37:00 PM
No offense to anyone but man, those things are ugly. :shruggy:

You should know

:rotz: :slap:

Is it just me, or does the car look too small in this picture :scratchchin:

I think it's because he's standing on a buildup of snow/ice and the car is at ground level.

dads_69

Correct T/O. I am standing on a snow mound. The car is also in the other set of photos wearing it's green paint with primer on top on quarter panel. I have photos of me with it at the drag strip somewhere also. Even a few down the road from the house back then. I had to mark the road with my signature 200 ft. plus burnout! My neighbor had a '66 Chevelle w/a 396 4 speed, he hated me sometimes, we raced a lot and he never could figure out why he was always 6 or 8 cars behind me.
Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

Steve P.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

bull

Quote from: dads_69 on October 28, 2007, 01:12:40 PM
My neighbor had a '66 Chevelle w/a 396 4 speed, he hated me sometimes, we raced a lot and he never could figure out why he was always 6 or 8 cars behind me.
Mark

Same here, sort of. On a couple different occasions back in the mid '80s I raced a guy from the next town over who had a 396 Camaro and I thrashed him both times with my 383 Charger. I didn't think I had a chance but either the car was slow or he didn't know how to drive.

charger490

back in theold days around 1947 i had a 1932 chev. that would go 60 miles an hour top speed than i bought a 35 ford and we used to race all night on 2.00 worth of gas. we would go down to the park where there was a sand hill quite steep and we would try and go up the hill as far as we could go.one time one car hit a rock and tipped over backward and came back down end over end and landed on its wheels. he drove it home.my father took my 35 ford one day and traded it for a 48 buick convertable.he never said a word to me but i got to drive the conv.1950 i joined the air force and drove army trucks.

the old days were ok because there were not any cops around and not much traffic
DON   charger490

70charger_boy

Quote from: charger490 on October 28, 2007, 04:57:05 PM
back in theold days around 1947 i had a 1932 chev. that would go 60 miles an hour top speed than i bought a 35 ford and we used to race all night on 2.00 worth of gas. we would go down to the park where there was a sand hill quite steep and we would try and go up the hill as far as we could go.one time one car hit a rock and tipped over backward and came back down end over end and landed on its wheels. he drove it home.my father took my 35 ford one day and traded it for a 48 buick convertable.he never said a word to me but i got to drive the conv.1950 i joined the air force and drove army trucks.

the old days were ok because there were not any cops around and not much traffic
DON   charger490

Now, that is what I'm talking about  :2thumbs:

charger490

just remembered we would go the a lot of stock car races so one time my buddie and me in our 35 ford and his 34 ford decided to get in one of the races behind the other cars.we did good untill they stopped the race and kicked us out.

one other time we were riding around six of us when two of the guys wanted to fight so we stopped to let them fight. along came the cops and me and my buddie ran over the fence and crossed over the road  to a field and went home. the other guys went to jail. i got my car and went to the city where they were and went into the police station  and seen them and asked where a street was and left.the cops wanted to know who the guys that were with them and they said he just left.LOL

xs29j8Bullitt

Interesting thread!  Most of my Mopars have been stock, but here are a few pictures of my first Charger, a 1969 with a 383 & Automatic.  The few better pictures that I have of it are not to be found at the moment, so here are a few that I did find...

The faded Polaroid picture is from 1974, the other pictures are from 1977 or 1978.

Check out the side exit 3 inch exhaust in the oil change picture!  :2thumbs:

XS
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: warlock on November 16, 2005, 08:31:35 PM
Cool stories.  :icon_smile_big:

Can I tell another?  Too late.... :P

Back in 1970-ish, My brother was coming back from Vietnam, and my mother asked her brother to go to Logan airport to pick him up. At the time he had a reworked 440 6-pack that he had picked up and put in his 68(?) Fury Convertible. I was honored to go with him to get my brother. Out on route 95 we came up behind a 69-ish Shelby Ford Mustang. I remember the Shelby because it was lettered in florescent paint. We pulled out to go by, but the Shelby speeded up. My Uncle backed off and pulled back in behind it. The Shelby then slowed down and my Uncle pulled out to pass again. Again the Shelby speeded up and my Uncle again pulled back in behind. The Shelby slowed again and my Uncle told me to put on my seatbelt. He told me that we were going to leave this Mustang behind. When we pulled out to pass again, We blew by that Mustang and never saw it again. I don't know how fast we were going, but we were flying. :icon_smile_big: My Uncle still has that Fury Convertible in his garage. It does need restoration though as he hasn't run it for years.

Thats a great story, I love the "put on the seatbelt" part
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

A34

First pic, December 1984 on leave from the Army. Boy, did camera's suck back then. I think I used a 110.

Second pic, October 30, 2007. We don't fit so well through the windows anymore. :0(

Living proof that you might have to grow older, but you don't have to grow up.......regardless of what your wife says............

You know the older I get, the better I was......     :drive:
Looking for NOS parts for 69 Charger - whatcha got?
God Bless America, Our Troops and Their Families !
Deo Vindice

Charger_Fan

A34, that's a cool retro pic. :cheers:   (even if it is huge ;D )

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Steve P.

How the hell did he post a pic. that big?? I can't get normal shots to load...
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

70charger_boy

A34

Quote from: 70charger_boy on October 31, 2007, 06:40:43 PM
Quote from: Steve P. on October 31, 2007, 04:19:06 PM

:popcrn:

Yes, I'm going to avoid the obvious joke here, and just say that, "I R not computer literate. "

I tried to shrink from 1mb so it would load, and somehow managed to do that, but don't know why the size is so big. If someone can tell me how to shrink it, I'll replace it with a downsized one. 
Deo Vindice

TruckDriver

Quote from: A34 on October 31, 2007, 07:51:41 PM
Quote from: 70charger_boy on October 31, 2007, 06:40:43 PM
Quote from: Steve P. on October 31, 2007, 04:19:06 PM

:popcrn:

Yes, I'm going to avoid the obvious joke here, and just say that, "I R not computer literate. "

I tried to shrink from 1mb so it would load, and somehow managed to do that, but don't know why the size is so big. If someone can tell me how to shrink it, I'll replace it with a downsized one. 

Save this one to your computer, rename it, then repost it ;)
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

A34

Deo Vindice