News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Old, Old timers. When you where Bad, what did yours look like?

Started by cudaken, November 13, 2005, 09:03:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

Quote from: Old Moparz on October 22, 2007, 08:42:39 AM
Quote from: gordo1968charger on October 22, 2007, 05:22:40 AM
Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on November 16, 2005, 03:26:45 PM
I had a pair of pants like that, Todd. :rotz:
so did bob hope :lol:

I'd buy CF a cold one if he finds a pic of himself in those pants & posts it.   :lol:

Grant might still have them for Halloween dress up :lol:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Rack

This thread is GOLD.

I don't have many stories cuz I wasn't a gearhead growing up (didn't grow up around people that loved cars, which sucks).

I use to live in this crap house by a lake. The lake had this run down motorcycle "Track" right next to it. A buddy and me decided to cruise around the lake in my mother T-Bird (I'm guessing it was a mid to late 70s T-Bird). So after cruising the lake we decided to drive around the motorcycle track (it was a dirt bike track, not a street racing track). We go up a "hill" that lvled off at the top for about 15 yards, then came back down, but the next hill didn't lvl off, it was more like a steeple. It was dark and I wasn't really paying much attention. We were going about 35 MPH coming down the first hill when my buddy says "You aren't gonna make it!" meaning the hill was too steep and the car was too long. With plenty of room to slow down, stop, or simply turn, what do I decide to do? Yep, you guessed it. All those years watching the duke boys as a kid suddenly popped into my head and I guess I thought I was in the general cuz my dumbass decided to floor it!

We jumped off the hill and the first thing I remember seeing was stars. Remember, it was dark. Directly in front of us was the L.I.F.E. Downs. It's where they have rodeos, shows, etc.... Anyway, I remember seeing some guy under the lights (this is about 150 yards in front of us, maybe more) riding a horse. Then I remember seeing the ground coming at us REAL fast.

BOOM!

We hit the ground...

Then I saw the guy on the horse again...

Then I saw stars again...

Then the horse again...

Then the ground again and another BOOM!

The car turned off (POS T-Bird) and we just sat there. My friend was Laughing but it wasn't totally a "haha" type of laugh. It was more like a hysterical "i'm screaming at the top of my lungs cuz I just shit my pants but at the same time that was funny as hell" type of laugh.

Me? I was just wondering wtf kind of stupid shit I had just done and WHY had I just done it?

We got out looked over the car, nothing looked too out of the ordinary (not that I'd know better since I didn't know shit about cars... still don't really). Got back in and it started right up, surprisingly.

Drove home and spoke nothing of it for like 10 years. Didn't want my mother to kill me. That car ended up getting repoed, which is better then actually paying for it (remember, it was a T-Bird).

Looking back at it now, it was funny as shit. But I have had other problems with spontaneously doing something where later on I think, "What made me all of the sudden do that?", but most of the time it involved me tackling someone and beating the shit out of them.

Good times, good times.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on October 22, 2007, 10:11:35 PM
Quote from: Old Moparz on October 22, 2007, 08:42:39 AM
Quote from: gordo1968charger on October 22, 2007, 05:22:40 AM
Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on November 16, 2005, 03:26:45 PM
I had a pair of pants like that, Todd. :rotz:
so did bob hope :lol:

I'd buy CF a cold one if he finds a pic of himself in those pants & posts it.   :lol:

Grant might still have them for Halloween dress up :lol:
Moparz, that's way too much work to do for a cold one. :nana: I'll dig through my Mom's pics next time I'm over there just for the hell of it. Who knows, maybe I'll find pics of things I've forgotten about...I'm old, ya know. :icon_smile_big:
Pete, if I do still have them, I bet they don't fit. ;D

Cool story, Rack. :lol:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Ranman69SE

My first car, a Mopar of course, was extra bitchin'  :icon_smile_big:  It was our family wagon and I learned how to drive in it.  A couple of months after getting my license (1978), I got t-boned in the wagon twice within two weeks, one hit on the left, one on the right.  (I guess an 18ft. long wagon is hard to see or something!).  My parents collected the insurance money, then gave me the car (caved in doors and all) for my birthday (gee, thanks Dad).  A buddy and I replaced three of the four doors, and then applied the awesome two-tone paint job  :2thumbs:  I later add a pair of white leather Cordoba buckets, and mounted 6 x 9's in boxes behind the middle seat.  The rear facing seat was great at the drive-in, just park backwards, drop the tailgate & party.

It really was a great first car, as it was bulletproof, but not too fast to get into serious trouble.  To try to get it to look jacked up, I added helper springs (which did nothing), then added air shocks.  At 150psi, the ass end came up maybe 3/4 inch!  A set of Baby Moons on black steelies all the way around, and later, a pair of amber Flame-Thrower fog lights in the grille  :yesnod:
Oh yes, and duals with glasspacks.

Here I am perched on the hood, wearing my custom-made "Chrysler" T-shirt and mirrored shades.  '67 Town & Country a.k.a. "Chrys-Craft"    :coolgleamA:
'69 Charger SE 493
'65 Pontiac GTO 6.5 Liter Tripower 4-spd convertible
'78 Ford F250 4x4 SuperCab 460
'85 Yamaha FJ1100
'91 Yamaha FJ1200

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

TK73

72 Carlo in 1983, first car.
350/350

Put 15x8 Cragar SS's and air shocks on the back, WAY jacked up.

DAMN I LOVED that car!!

Sold it to a good friend in '86 who totaled it backing into a flag pole...
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

472 R/T SE

Ranman69SE, sweet 9 passenger.  :thumbs:  My buddy's always wanted to ride in the far back seat going through the quarter when I had mine.  :D

DukesofHoward

Rack said, "But I have had other problems with spontaneously doing something where later on I think, "What made me all of the sudden do that?"..."

Reminds me of an old joke:

What's the last thing a redneck says before he dies?

"Watch this..."

Ranman69SE

I'm pretty sure my Dad figured out early on, that if he kept the back window down just a bit, enough exhaust would swirl into the back to keep the rear passengers nicely sedated  :icon_smile_big:

My wagon met its end, when I came flying up over the crest of a blind hilltop, and nailed a gal driving a U.S.Navy issue Gremlin, who was headed toward me, and turned left into my path.  She was cited for not yielding right-of-way to oncoming (airborne!) traffic.  I nailed the brakes at the last second, but there were no skidmarks......!!!!  :scratchchin:

'69 Charger SE 493
'65 Pontiac GTO 6.5 Liter Tripower 4-spd convertible
'78 Ford F250 4x4 SuperCab 460
'85 Yamaha FJ1100
'91 Yamaha FJ1200

Rack

Quote from: DukesofHoward on October 24, 2007, 02:42:25 PM
Rack said, "But I have had other problems with spontaneously doing something where later on I think, "What made me all of the sudden do that?"..."

Reminds me of an old joke:

What's the last thing a redneck says before he dies?

"Watch this..."

:icon_smile_big: :nana:

8WHEELER

MY OLD 62 DODGE DART, WHOOOOOPS............ 1982, WE HAVE FUN   :METAL:

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Steve P.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

bull

I thought I posted here the first go-around but I guess not. Anyway, here's me and my base '70 back in Eastern Oregon around '80-'84...

68charger383

Here's my 70 440+6 V code 4spd track pak car. I owned it from about 1988 until 1998.
Had to sell to help pay for school.

Off to the sidein pic: my 67 camaro and 81 Trans Am....life was good & cars were cheap

1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

8WHEELER

Quote from: Steve P. on October 25, 2007, 04:36:06 AM
Wow... I don't think that will buff out..........   ;)

:icon_smile_big:  NOPE, had to pull the engine and trans, and put the poor girl to sleep   :pity:

BEFORE AND AFTER   :rofl: :rofl:

Dan

8WHEELER

1980, Ran 12.5's with 235x70x14in tires on the stock 14x5.5 in magnums, first gear  :smilielol: :smilielol:  useless

But I drove it to school every day, ran great, still does, same engine  :2thumbs:

Dan

8WHEELER

Quote from: bull on October 25, 2007, 05:00:30 AM
I thought I posted here the first go-around but I guess not. Anyway, here's me and my base '70 back in Eastern Oregon around '80-'84...

Hey Curtis, I bet you wish you still had your 70  :yesnod:  good looking car, I don't remember seeing
pictures of it before, but I remember you said you had one, I wish we could keep them all   :cheers:

Dan

firefighter3931

Dan, you're such a hooligan !  :nana: I luv those 62 Darts....thank God it was a 4 door that you crushed !!!!  :D

Someday i'll get a nice 62 and build a dedicated race car out of it !   :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

bull

Quote from: 8WHEELER on October 27, 2007, 09:10:56 PM
Quote from: bull on October 25, 2007, 05:00:30 AM

Hey Curtis, I bet you wish you still had your 70  :yesnod:  good looking car, I don't remember seeing
pictures of it before, but I remember you said you had one, I wish we could keep them all   :cheers:

Dan

Yea, I wish I had it and that '68 R/T. The R/T just landed in my lap and the '70 needed restoring but I was a transient 26-year-old at the time and no place to store/work on it... outside in the rain when I lived in a mobile home park. Still, I should have hidden it away somewhere... :brickwall: :cheers: Oh well.

C_stripes

I just wish I could have been around in those times,  Hell. I was born in 83.  You guys were all out cruising.
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

8WHEELER

Quote from: firefighter3931 on October 27, 2007, 09:15:59 PM
Dan, you're such a hooligan !  :nana: I luv those 62 Darts....thank God it was a 4 door that you crushed !!!!  :D

Someday i'll get a nice 62 and build a dedicated race car out of it !   :2thumbs:

Ron

:cheers:  I  definitely have a good time Ron   :METAL:  You like 62's? here you go bud, my friend # matching 413 maxy car  :2thumbs:

Dan

bull

8WHEELER

Quote from: bull on October 27, 2007, 09:37:00 PM
No offense to anyone but man, those things are ugly. :shruggy:

Well you saw what I did to mine   :nana:  but it was a /6 4dr car in 82 I think, I only had it around for
a couple years.......... it was free.......  I milled 90 thousands off the head, put an RV cam in it, tweaked
the carb, you can make a /6 hall ass, I did pretty much the same stuff to my 65 Dodge 'SIN BIN' van  :icon_smile_big:

Dan