News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Old, Old timers. When you where Bad, what did yours look like?

Started by cudaken, November 13, 2005, 09:03:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terrible one

Quote from: Steve P. on October 31, 2007, 04:19:06 PM
How the hell did he post a pic. that big?? I can't get normal shots to load...

Use an image hosting site. I use http://imageshack.us You upload the picture there, then they will give you a "hotlink" to place in the thread, and the image will show up.  :2thumbs:

69bronzeT5

Quote from: Rack on October 23, 2007, 06:04:12 AM
I use to live in this crap house by a lake. The lake had this run down motorcycle "Track" right next to it. A buddy and me decided to cruise around the lake in my mother T-Bird (I'm guessing it was a mid to late 70s T-Bird). So after cruising the lake we decided to drive around the motorcycle track (it was a dirt bike track, not a street racing track). We go up a "hill" that lvled off at the top for about 15 yards, then came back down, but the next hill didn't lvl off, it was more like a steeple. It was dark and I wasn't really paying much attention. We were going about 35 MPH coming down the first hill when my buddy says "You aren't gonna make it!" meaning the hill was too steep and the car was too long. With plenty of room to slow down, stop, or simply turn, what do I decide to do? Yep, you guessed it. All those years watching the duke boys as a kid suddenly popped into my head and I guess I thought I was in the general cuz my dumbass decided to floor it!

We jumped off the hill and the first thing I remember seeing was stars. Remember, it was dark. Directly in front of us was the L.I.F.E. Downs. It's where they have rodeos, shows, etc.... Anyway, I remember seeing some guy under the lights (this is about 150 yards in front of us, maybe more) riding a horse. Then I remember seeing the ground coming at us REAL fast.

BOOM!

We hit the ground...

Then I saw the guy on the horse again...

Then I saw stars again...

Then the horse again...

Then the ground again and another BOOM!

The car turned off (POS T-Bird) and we just sat there. My friend was Laughing but it wasn't totally a "haha" type of laugh. It was more like a hysterical "i'm screaming at the top of my lungs cuz I just shit my pants but at the same time that was funny as hell" type of laugh.

Me? I was just wondering wtf kind of stupid shit I had just done and WHY had I just done it?

We got out looked over the car, nothing looked too out of the ordinary (not that I'd know better since I didn't know shit about cars... still don't really). Got back in and it started right up, surprisingly.

Drove home and spoke nothing of it for like 10 years. Didn't want my mother to kill me. That car ended up getting repoed, which is better then actually paying for it (remember, it was a T-Bird).

Looking back at it now, it was funny as shit. But I have had other problems with spontaneously doing something where later on I think, "What made me all of the sudden do that?", but most of the time it involved me tackling someone and beating the shit out of them.

Good times, good times.

:smilielol: :smilielol: THAT STORY KICKS ASS!
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

WingCharger

Cudaken, your 'Runner is FREAKIN SWEET!!!!!!!!! :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: I like the paint job! :drool5: :yesnod:

(Too lazy to go through whole thread) :icon_smile_big:

MOPARHOUND!

Quote from: WingCharger on September 29, 2008, 02:02:58 PM
Cudaken, your 'Runner is FREAKIN SWEET!!!!!!!!! :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: I like the paint job! :drool5: :yesnod:

You will probably have to PM him the compliment.  He has only posted once in 2-1/2 years.  Cudaken use to be the "life of the party" on the board.
1971 Charger R/T, 440 H.P., Auto, A/C Daily Driven (till gas went nuts).  NOW IN CARS FOR SALE SECTION: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,48709.0.html
1969 Charger 318/Auto (latest addtion): http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,31948.0.html
*Speed costs money son, how fast do you want to go, and for how long?"
*"Build the biggest engine you can afford the first time."
*"We normally wouldn't use a 383 for this build, parts and labor for a 440 cost the same."

The70RT

Heres what mine looked like when I got it 30 years ago and what it looked like just before I started the resto. I did have Cragars with 50's on it at one time in high school. I only put like 5,000 miles on it since 78 and has been stored mostly inside since then.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

41husk

Quote from: MOPARHOUND! on September 29, 2008, 02:43:49 PM
Quote from: WingCharger on September 29, 2008, 02:02:58 PM

You will probably have to PM him the compliment.  He has only posted once in 2-1/2 years.  Cudaken use to be the "life of the party" on the board.

After reading this thread, I really nead to stop by and see how old cudaken is doing, last time I was there Miss Lumpy the 68 road runner was still sitting out in the elements had not been started in over a year (needs fuel pump Ken said)  I thought he would move it in the garage after he sold the Charger, but expanded his HO train operation to take over the garage :shruggy: :rotz:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

SeattleCharger

Hard to believe that 2 1/2 years have passed since this thread,    :rotz:,    where has the time gone?     

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Rubberduck

this is 15 to 18 years ago - man, we had a lot of fun.

Mario

´68 Charger, 505 by CWE, 4-speed

WingCharger

Hey Rubberduck, my bro is buying an old cop Caprice and is going to do the same crap as that to it. Mudder Car, then run her in the county demo derby. :punkrocka: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :coolgleamA: :coolgleamA: :coolgleamA:

rustafarian

I ran in a demo derby Saturday night and I'm still a little sore!
Beyond the Palace hemi-powered drones scream down the boulevard

RallyeMike

Wow. The long-lost Cudaken started this thread a long time ago. Never read it until now. Lots of fun.

When I was 18, the stable consisted of:

69 Charger with a mostly stock 318/904 and 3.23's
69 Roadrunner with a built 440 4-speed and 3.91's.
73 Chevy Luv with a Buick V6, TH350, volvo radiator, ford 8", BMW grill, and 57 Plymouth hubcaps. (The mini-truck craze had begun).

All cars, modifications, and paint paid for and constructed by myself. Affordable because I worked construction, and lived at home until 19. Had to sell the Mopars when I went to school briefly, and so I have been Charger-less only from 0-15 and 20-23 years of age. Never again !

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

TruckDriver

Thought this would be a good time to bring this topic back. This is the time of year a lot of people dig out those old pictures to reminisce about old times.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Ranman69SE

Great idea!  I've found a better picture of my wagon (circa 1978)  :coolgleamA:

'69 Charger SE 493
'65 Pontiac GTO 6.5 Liter Tripower 4-spd convertible
'78 Ford F250 4x4 SuperCab 460
'85 Yamaha FJ1100
'91 Yamaha FJ1200

dodgecharger-fan

8WHEELER

The old days  :cheers:  driving to fast back and fourth to Eastern Wa. Can't think of
anything I have NOT done in this car, 1980........... Yes a stripe.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

SeattleCharger

Hey Dan, I like your charger you had then, (and the one you have now).     How fast did you drive to eastern washington, when you were in a hurry,?

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

8WHEELER

Quote from: SeattleChargerDog on December 19, 2009, 10:55:16 AM
Hey Dan, I like your charger you had then, (and the one you have now).     How fast did you drive to eastern washington, when you were in a hurry,?

Hey Nate, That is the same red charger I have now. I hit 100mph several times, on 1 foot of
compact snow out there in the middle of no where, my friend was a little scared  :scratchchin:  maybe
I should have been  :shruggy:

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

djcarguy

THIS IS A FUN OLD THREAD,STORIES OF LONG AGO AND SOME SURVIVED TO TELL THE TALE.  12 PAGES LONG AND FUN,BUT IT FILL AND OVER LOADED THIS CRAPBOX 'S VIRTUAL MEMORY AND NOW CANT LOAD AND SHOW PICS??  WELL ENJOY DJ :popcrn: :drool5:

JB400

:bump:

Just bumping this one so I can finish reading it later on :icon_smile_big:

cdr

from around 1981 my old gts383,fender well headers,small cam,2 fours on inline crossram ,4.56 8.75,727 manual valve body,drove it to work every day.pic at the drag strip
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver

cdr

JB400

Enjoyed reading the stories like so many others :2thumbs:  Thanks for your addition cdr; you wouldn't by any chance still have any of them would you?  My glory days are just about to begin :D  But first.....