News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ebay Seller Beware.....

Started by A383Wing, December 31, 2014, 09:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A383Wing

1970Moparmann

I've had about 400 transactions on Ebay and thank goodness only two bad ones.   Ebay made it right for me both times.  One time it was a $350 part.

This seller has pretty good feedback at 97%.   Wonder why the one on FBBONLY was such a poor experience.
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

moparnation74

Buying and selling on eBay are two different enitities.  I have sold and purchased on eBay for over 12 years.  Mainly, as a seller.  In the past eBay was very good at protecting sellers but that has changed in the past few years.  First and foremost now they protect the buyers, with the eBay buyer protection.

Selling on eBay today has become a PITA.  Especially, for sellers like me that sell big ticket items.  Do to all the scammers out there I have so many restrictions on buyers which limits bids.  In the end even with those restrictions I still deal with shenanigans.  People who do not pay, pay on time, win and do not have the funds till next pay day, ask for discounted shipping after they win, win the item and say when they cannot pay that I didn't think I would win.  Frankly, the moment the buyer wins eBay should initiate a paypal transaction for payment, period.  Instead if no payment is made, wait 2 days open a case and they have 4 days to pay from that point. Total BS!  In the end I have limited my selling on eBay.

My ad's are very explicit and clear to the T and my items are what they are.  That is why I have a perfect rating with "REAL" feedback from members.  In today's market, most buyers have the Walmart belief on returns, I can buy anything and return it.  No questions or exclusions.  That is my eBay rant when people compare experiences as far as buyer vs seller.  Unless, you have done a lot of selling especially with big ticket items than your are comparing apples and oranges.

So in the case listed above the buyer stated that the ad pictured something different than what he received.  When he made that claim and if eBay agreed with his case.  Then the buyer will be refunded full purchase price excluding shipping.  It does suck it was misrepreented and you lose the item you wanted including shipping but in the end you got a refund.