News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What's Your Favorite Christmas Tree Air Freshener?

Started by Old Moparz, May 01, 2009, 11:30:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Moparz

Yes, the disposable thing that hangs from rear view mirrors & feels like a beer coaster.  :lol:

I personally don't like any kind of air freshener, but I remember I had to explain what they were to my 9 year old when she was 4 or 5 years old. I think I had to stand in the air freshener aisle for almost 20 minutes while she sampled every damn one. The fruit scented ones were her favorite, & anything vanilla.

I don't mind the vanilla, it's better than the old food under the seats.  :o  I guess if I had to choose though, my favorite is the sour apple, it almost smells like real apples.

Don't be fooled by cheap imitation air fresheners like a friend & I once were. We saw dinosaur air fresheners that were cool looking, & they had a menacing look with fake blood on the mouth. They were small plastic ones that we were going to hang up in our car. I opened it, hung it up, & almost gagged at the stench.  :o  It immediately went out the window, but the smell stayed in the car for days.

Which one do you hang up?

(Not recommended as an underarm deodorant)
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Brock Samson

dodgecharger-fan

Quote from: Brock Samson on May 01, 2009, 11:39:00 AM
i use a used garter Bob... barely used...

Yours?  :o

:lol:

I've got one of those Glade Autovents that clip to the louvers of the heat/air vent. Some spring garden kind of scent in it right now. but there are other flavours I'd like to try. I do like the smell of vanilla.

Back N Black

I remember when i was a kid and sticking my head inside an old muscle car and the smell of the old pine tree freshener. I still like the smell today, i bought a couple a few weeks back and hung it off the mirror of my charger.  :2thumbs:

68coronetGLwannabe

I prefer the cherry or vinilla scents. My wife has these little bags of something from bed bath and bullsh$t that make her truck smell so good but I just cant bring myself to put them in mine.
I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

moparstuart

I like peachy and pear  beware they are very strong .
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

71ChallengeHer

I like Yankee Candle Midsummer Nites Dreams. Shelby likes the Hello Kitty Bubble Gum Scent.

Old Moparz

*time to derail my own thread again*

That reminds me, I went to a college buddy's wedding years ago where I caught the garter.

But......

Both sides of the family were Italian immigrants that had some money. My friend's Dad was a contractor, & the wedding was over the top expensive. Back then, my girlfriend, now my wife, had just bought her brand new, '88 Mustang GT that we went to the wedding in. It was probably one of the crappiest/least expensive cars in the lot at the reception.

Anyway, the woman who caught the bouquet was young, & stunningly gorgeous. Knowing I was going to slide the garter onto her leg, I was happier than I had been the whole day prior.   :D

While the emcee started to arrange the sliding of the garter ceremony, my friend who got married comes over to me & leans in close to my ear & says, "Bob, you have to know something before you slide that garter."

I looked at him & said, "What do I need to know about that? It goes over her foot, & up."

He then said, "No, you need to know that the woman who caught the bouquet is my 16 year old cousin & if you get that garter over her knee, there's a bunch of people here that might break yours."

:o

I thanked my buddy for his advice & stopped just below the knee......LOL   :smilielol:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

moparstuart

Quote from: Old Moparz on May 01, 2009, 01:35:58 PM

*time to derail my own thread again*

That reminds me, I went to a college buddy's wedding years ago where I caught the garter.

But......

Both sides of the family were Italian immigrants that had some money. My friend's Dad was a contractor, & the wedding was over the top expensive. Back then, my girlfriend, now my wife, had just bought her brand new, '88 Mustang GT that we went to the wedding in. It was probably one of the crappiest/least expensive cars in the lot at the reception.

Anyway, the woman who caught the bouquet was young, & stunningly gorgeous. Knowing I was going to slide the garter onto her leg, I was happier than I had been the whole day prior.   :D

While the emcee started to arrange the sliding of the garter ceremony, my friend who got married comes over to me & leans in close to my ear & says, "Bob, you have to know something before you slide that garter."

I looked at him & said, "What do I need to know about that? It goes over her foot, & up."

He then said, "No, you need to know that the woman who caught the bouquet is my 16 year old cousin & if you get that garter over her knee, there's a bunch of people here that might break yours."

:o

I thanked my buddy for his advice & stopped just below the knee......LOL   :smilielol:
I thought you were going to say you still walked with a limp    :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

WingCharger

69bronzeT5

Quote from: Back N Black on May 01, 2009, 12:11:22 PM
I remember when i was a kid and sticking my head inside an old muscle car and the smell of the old pine tree freshener. I still like the smell today, i bought a couple a few weeks back and hung it off the mirror of my charger.  :2thumbs:

That's my favorite. I love the old pine tree freshener the best :yesnod:

Quote from: WingCharger on May 01, 2009, 04:00:37 PM
My bro bought a Acura Integra (aka Junk), and it had one of those dip can shaped air fresheners sitting upside down on the dash. My bro asked me to clean the car out while he went to work since I had nothing better to do. Well, my mom walked into the garage and saw me holding it, and started yelling at me about using tobacco. :slap:

I found a bunch of circular air fresheners in my Duster when I bought it. Almost looked like those things you put on the side of a toilet...there was like 10 of them through-out the interior and the trunk. Out on the ground they went :lol:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

John_Kunkel

I kinda like the "New Car Smell" they have at the car wash.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Manfred318

Ive been told that my farts smell like roses, so when I need the air freshened Ill just sit in the car and let loose a big jucy fart. :2thumbs:

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Martian R/T

Most definitely Green Apple, I love the smell, I like to take it almost out of the bag, when I was a teenager I had one of those in my Mustang, and my Dad took the car to work, and it set all day in the sun, well when he got in the car to go home he about passed out from the apple smell, he threw it out the window and chewed my butt when he got home. :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:
                            1970 Charger R/T 440 Auto 3:55 Martian Green???

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

wayfast1500

Black ice.  Smells real clean when girls get in the truck they think I shampooed the truck.

C_stripes

Black Ice is also my favorite. Plus, when you clean out a car that someone has smoked in, it covers it pretty good. Second choice is new car.
Black Ice and Peachy peach together also smell awesome.
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

FlatbackFanatic

Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

Charger_Fan

This has been my favorite since high school. It was the "signature scent" of my truck back then & now both the truck & Charger smell like it always. I don't use it in any other vehicles.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

PocketThunder

What if we dont use any air freshener in our vehicles?   :icon_smile_question:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

mauve66

do they make one that's "unburnt fuel fumes"???, sitting in my garage that's all i get
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

chargerkid01

Lowprofile

"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL