News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Lookie what I got today....helluva deal!!! (TAG INFO ADDED)

Started by jaak, April 30, 2009, 10:18:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaak

Well scored a sweet 3rd gen today!! I know I need to finish the 69 but I absolutely could not pass this one up. Its a 73 model with a strong 360 and a pistol grip 4 speed. It has new wheels and tires, has aluminum intake, edelbrock 4 bbl, headers dual exhaust. Has new brakes and tie rod ends, new fuel line. He had the car at his house but all the interior was at a upholstery shop the buckets, rear seat buddy seat, and upper door panels, have been recovered. The a pillars, sailpanels, headliner trim, etc. have all been dyed also at the shop (interior changed to white). So I buy the car, then pay the upholstry guy for his material and labor and get all the new interior (I just need to install).
In the trunk was new carpet, new headliner, and a bag full of year one goodies (seat spacers, dome light lens, door locks, int screw kit, etc.) All I need for the interior is a dash cap and repaint the frame.  And the body is in great shape, a little bubbling on the pass. door and rear of trunk lid, and thats about it rust wise. It has a nice buldge hood w/pins. It can use a repaint, and I dont really dig the aqua color.
I am so stoked, I just drove it home, 100 miles from where I bought it... and this thing ran great with no problems. I know the 69 is still gonna be a while, but I've been wanting a nice driver to enjoy while I finish the other one.
I want you 3rd gen guys to chime in and tell me what you think its worth.

Here are some crappy pics, I just got home, it was dark and starting to rain so I snapped a couple of quick pics, I promise I will get some better ones tomorrow.

Later,
Jason

Brock Samson

bmoparmofo

Sweet! I'm curious as to the cost for hopes that I might get something while the 69 is in eternal hibernation....lol
69 charger 383 t5, 67 newport 383, 67 newport custom 383

jaak

Quote from: bmoparmofo on April 30, 2009, 10:25:11 PM
Sweet! I'm curious as to the cost for hopes that I might get something while the 69 is in eternal hibernation....lol

I plan on revealing the cost, I just wanted a few guys to chime in with what they think its worth first.

Jason

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

68coronetGLwannabe

Nice find!  :cheers: I know how you feel Just had one of those cant pass it up deals on tuesday.
I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

jaak

Quote from: 68coronetGLwannabe on April 30, 2009, 10:28:07 PM
Nice find!  :cheers: I know how you feel Just had one of those cant pass it up deals on tuesday.

Yeah I saw that thread, on your 69, nice score...I know your as thrilled as I am!!!

Jason

Charger-Bodie

You will definitely have some fun with that! Congrats!!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

71ChallengeHer

69*F5*SE

devilgear

I have seen cars similer going for 5-10K, but I bet you paid much less...Looks like a great car...Why does that hood looks "buldgier" that other hoods?

CB

score indeed!

I don't know what they go for but congrats anyway :cheers: :cheers:
Another man.tran. guy :lol:

CB
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Fitz73Chrgr

I'd say it's worth at least $7-8k.  The interior looks nice, body looks straight, has quite a few desirable options, plus it is a driver.  Is it an original Rallye car?  It's very hard to find a 73 in that condition.  Most of them have been tossed aside and left to rot.  Great score!  :2thumbs:
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

mopar_nut_440_6

1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

Foreman72

man the 3rd gen id growing on u isn't it :lol:

first the 7 sidetrack and now this...sweet car btw...let me know when your "finished" using it :lol:
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

41husk

Hard to say the value from the dark pictures with a good buldge hood I would say the 3-5k range would be reasonable for a 73 small block model the 4 speed helps,  I would guess the interior would have cost you 5-8 hundered to have recovered. I would say if your in that ball park it was a good score less than that a steal and regaurdless of the price it sounds like you are enjoying it and that is priceless.  As far as motivating you to get the 69 done I wouldn't be so sure.  I bought a 72 R/t clone as a driver to get me motivated on my Challenger.  That was over 5 years ago.  I have since sold the 72 so I could buy 2 68s, sold one 68 to get the other on the road.  Next I missed the 72 so much I had to find another 3rd gen so I bought the 73 and did the Wanna Bee.  My wife had said many times if I had just concentrated on the Challenger it would have been done 3 years ago :shruggy: but it's done now and I love all three of them.  I feel if I had not had one to drive and enjoy the challenger still would be OOC.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Bob

Quote from: jaak on April 30, 2009, 10:18:32 PM
Well scored a sweet 3rd gen today!! I know I need to finish the 69 but I absolutely could not pass this one up. Its a 73 model with a strong 360 and a pistol grip 4 speed. It has new wheels and tires, has aluminum intake, edelbrock 4 bbl, headers dual exhaust. Has new brakes and tie rod ends, new fuel line. He had the car at his house but all the interior was at a upholstery shop the buckets, rear seat buddy seat, and upper door panels, have been recovered. The a pillars, sailpanels, headliner trim, etc. have all been dyed also at the shop (interior changed to white). So I buy the car, then pay the upholstry guy for his material and labor and get all the new interior (I just need to install).
In the trunk was new carpet, new headliner, and a bag full of year one goodies (seat spacers, dome light lens, door locks, int screw kit, etc.) All I need for the interior is a dash cap and repaint the frame.  And the body is in great shape, a little bubbling on the pass. door and rear of trunk lid, and thats about it rust wise. It has a nice buldge hood w/pins. It can use a repaint, and I dont really dig the aqua color.
I am so stoked, I just drove it home, 100 miles from where I bought it... and this thing ran great with no problems. I know the 69 is still gonna be a while, but I've been wanting a nice driver to enjoy while I finish the other one.
I want you 3rd gen guys to chime in and tell me what you think its worth.

Here are some crappy pics, I just got home, it was dark and starting to rain so I snapped a couple of quick pics, I promise I will get some better ones tomorrow.

Later,
Jason

500 bucks. I'll be right over to haul it away. :D
To me and my 2 cents worth 4-5K. Greta find. Keep it.

Fitz73Chrgr

Quote from: Bob on May 01, 2009, 12:57:24 PM
To me and my 2 cents worth 4-5K.

Quote from: 41husk on May 01, 2009, 12:33:44 PM
Hard to say the value from the dark pictures with a good buldge hood I would say the 3-5k range would be reasonable

Well, maybe I overbid it. I just really like that car! 
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

tan top

not sure but i think small block 4 speed cars are pretty rare :scratchchin:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

69charger2002

i think you got it for $3750
:shruggy:
it looks like a 5-6k car easily
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

moparnole

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

DREDILSKI

First off, great find, wish I was that lucky. My guess since you are so happy to have it, between $2,699 and $3,259. ( I watched alot of price is right with my grandma )
Great find and as Foreman72 said, "Let me know when your done/tired of it", happy to get it off your hands.

DRE
DRE - 73' Charger 360 SE

jaak

Quote from: DREDILSKI on May 01, 2009, 07:23:24 PM
First off, great find, wish I was that lucky. My guess since you are so happy to have it, between $2,699 and $3,259. ( I watched alot of price is right with my grandma )
Great find and as Foreman72 said, "Let me know when your done/tired of it", happy to get it off your hands.

DRE

If this was the Price is Right...you'd be the winner, buying the car and paying for the interior cost me $3300 even.
Sorry no more pics today, got in late, and thunderstorms right now.
I got the new headliner hangining in my den on a curtain rod, I borrowed a hand held steamer from my Mom, fixing to try to work all the wrinkles out of it, I might try to start installing it in the morning.

Later,
Jason

CB

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

BB1

Delete my profile

Harlow

If this was the Price is Right...you'd be the winner, buying the car and paying for the interior cost me $3300 even.
Sorry no more pics today, got in late, and thunderstorms right now.
I got the new headliner hangining in my den on a curtain rod, I borrowed a hand held steamer from my Mom, fixing to try to work all the wrinkles out of it, I might try to start installing it in the morning.

Later,
Jason

Nice buy man. That 4 speed is key.

skip68

:flame:   You bastUrd !      :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:    That, was a sweeeeeeet deal.    :cheers:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

jaak

Decoded Fender Tag this morning...
N41-Dual Exhaust, N42-Exhaust Tips, N85-Tachometer (gone), V68-Stripe Delete, 26-26" Radiator, J45-Hood Pins, J54- Hood Insulation (gone), M21-Drip Rail Mouldings, M25-Wide Sill Mouldings, M26- Wheel Well Mouldings, GF3- Medium Green Metallic, U-Built to USA Specs, A57-Rallye Option, B41-Front Disc Brakes, C56- Bucket Seats, H51-Single Air w/Heat, GF3-Roof Type or Color, M6F6-Green Vinyl Buckets, 530-Build Date 5/30/73

Jason

Tilar

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Bob

69*F5*SE

Yeah, nice score. It definitely looks like a good deal.   :coolgleamA:

Finn

1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

jaak

Before and After of the interior...

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

69*F5*SE

Hemidog

Man I hate you! Always wanted a cool 4-speed 3rd gen with jacked up rear and big tires!
Let me know when you're tired of it  :icon_smile_big:
More pics!!!

jaak

Quote from: Hemidog on May 10, 2009, 02:41:59 PM
Man I hate you! Always wanted a cool 4-speed 3rd gen with jacked up rear and big tires!
Let me know when you're tired of it  :icon_smile_big:
More pics!!!

Yeah, dude I got it from said he just got those wheels and tires like a month ago, he bought the Cragers new from Jegs (I have never been a fan of the old Cragers, but Im starting to like the old school look, think Im gonna keep em) the tires sizes are 235/60/15 up front, and 295/50/15 on the rear.

Jason