News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Quick Story

Started by NYCMille, April 30, 2009, 08:45:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NYCMille

Old Moparz

Hey Mike,

That was a nice read, & some cool pix too.  :cheers:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

skip68

:2thumbs:   That's cool Mike.   The imperfections are what ads to my car.  Like I say, where is the story behind a car that is perfect ?   Nothing to make you wonder and imagine the life story of this or that.  Kind of unreal.   :rotz:    I agree 100% that our cars are a big part of who we are.  Like an extension of our self image.     I don't mean to upset any guys that have perfect cars, it's just to me, no matter how much money I have I just have no use for one.    I left some imperfections on purpose on my car.  Some girl danced on the hood in a early 90's music video and left a few dings that will stay there forever.  :icon_smile_big:    No face lift or plastic surgery for my car, only a hair dye (paint job) now and then.   I want to keep my car looking real, used and enjoyed for as long as I can.    :scratchchin:   I guess that is just like me.   :smilielol:   I look real , used and enjoyed too.   :smilielol:    I know Mr.Angry has an image to keep up but, PLEASE try and keep him looking real and be proud of every little scratch.   :yesnod:  You earned them and so did he.    :2thumbs:       :cheers:           Chuck..........
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Back N Black

I agree, build it drive it! No they will not melt in the rain.  :cheers:

71ChallengeHer

Great read. Mike,  :2thumbs: Wait til you see the story I post on Shelby's car. When I get out to take pics.  :pity:

moparstuart

Quote from: skip68 on April 30, 2009, 09:42:34 AM
:2thumbs:   That's cool Mike.   The imperfections are what ads to my car.  Like I say, where is the story behind a car that is perfect ?   Nothing to make you wonder and imagine the life story of this or that.  Kind of unreal.   :rotz:    I agree 100% that our cars are a big part of who we are.  Like an extension of our self image.     I don't mean to upset any guys that have perfect cars, it's just to me, no matter how much money I have I just have no use for one.    I left some imperfections on purpose on my car.  Some girl danced on the hood in a early 90's music video and left a few dings that will stay there forever.  :icon_smile_big:    No face lift or plastic surgery for my car, only a hair dye (paint job) now and then.   I want to keep my car looking real, used and enjoyed for as long as I can.    :scratchchin:   I guess that is just like me.   :smilielol:   I look real , used and enjoyed too.   :smilielol:    I know Mr.Angry has an image to keep up but, PLEASE try and keep him looking real and be proud of every little scratch.   :yesnod:  You earned them and so did he.    :2thumbs:       :cheers:           Chuck..........
I agree those thing add charater to your car .  Leave them as long as you can stand it .
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

skip68

Hey Jackie,  Lisa just told me what happened to Shelby and her car.   :pity:   Sorry to hear that.  I think you should start a new thread on that if you feel up to it.   Chuck...........
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: skip68 on April 30, 2009, 10:25:06 AM
Hey Jackie,  Lisa just told me what happened to Shelby and her car.   :pity:   Sorry to hear that.  I think you should start a new thread on that if you feel up to it.   Chuck...........
I will.  :2thumbs:

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Old Moparz on April 30, 2009, 09:02:01 AM
Hey Mike,

Was that you in the comments section starting up a fire?  :stirthepot: :naughty:

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

69bronzeT5

Great read Mike. Thanks for that! Even though my Charger is beat to crap, I still love her :)
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

FlatbackFanatic

Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

tan top

good story  Mike  :yesnod:   :coolgleamA:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

aone415

Outstanding read Mike... I love that pic of your car under the lights in Times Square. :2thumbs:

This Charger right here is a one of none, that means none before it, none to come.

Old Moparz

Quote from: bakerhillpins on April 30, 2009, 12:02:39 PM
Quote from: Old Moparz on April 30, 2009, 09:02:01 AM
Hey Mike,

Was that you in the comments section starting up a fire?  :stirthepot: :naughty:

Me?  :lol:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

jb666

Awesome story, I like it!!  :cheers:

mikepmcs

Great stuff.

I remember watching that bus episode on TV and thinking, damn, Mikey can drive and he's got some great brakes. Then immediately thinking...... that had to leave a scratch. :lol:

Thanks for sharing Mr Musto.

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

NYCMille

Thanks guys/gals..  :cheers:

Old Moparz - man, you stirred up a hornet nest!  :smilielol: :lol:

mopar_nut_440_6

Quote from: NYCMille on April 30, 2009, 06:30:55 PM
Thanks guys/gals..  :cheers:

Old Moparz - man, you stirred up a hornet nest!  :smilielol: :lol:

Excellent write up!
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

Ranger Max

1BAD68

"exploding light bulbs that I destroyed while chasing a flaming bus down a runway"

HaHa! how many people can say that?
:2thumbs:

NHCharger

"took a look at the piece of black electrical tape that hides a big chip on the trunk "

Mike. You aren't doing bodywork on the side for HPLAG or BK??
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

69bronzeT5

Hey Mike,
Is Angrier your primary rally car now and Mr Angry is your autocross/street car? :popcrn:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

TheGhost

Quote from: Back N Black on April 30, 2009, 10:02:05 AM
I agree, build it drive it! No they will not melt in the rain.  :cheers:

The tires might, though... :D
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

challenger70

Quote from: aone415 on April 30, 2009, 01:58:24 PM
Outstanding read Mike... I love that pic of your car under the lights in Times Square. :2thumbs:

:iagree:  new wallpaper :2thumbs:
'68 383 A833 QQ1 Charger
'70  440 727 FY1 Challenger