News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

update {gettin er dun}

Started by bigroge1, April 30, 2009, 02:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigroge1

been sanding down the body to get rid of surface rust and to get the body lines to appear like new, as i was sanding down there's a buttload of body filler showing up and major bondo on the front end of the hood. I'm still new at this been reading threads for at least two hours a day to help my progress.

Having trouble with removing the rear bumper from the bottom, seems the bolts are stuck to the rusted bottom trunk area and i dont know if i can use bondo on top of old sanded down bondo on the front end of the hood, the rear channels aren't that bad dont know if i can save that as well  :shruggy:

mopar goddess

bigroge1

since its finally getting warm in Denver i been goin in the garage for quite some time now.  that 318 motor thats in my charger now i don't  want it i'm selling it for 40 bucks and that comes wit the tranny thats attached to it as well  :popcrn:

mopar goddess

Projekts

My front bumper was rusted in just like your rear bumper. I used a die grinder and shaved the head, when it got down to about the thickness of a potato chip I cold chiseled it. It was a slow process, especially while laying on my back, but it did not damage the bumper. I don't know how savable your window channels are, it looks like your deck fill pan was patched already?

bigroge1

sort of, it was a hacked job cause the deck lid had sunken in when it was done so i gotta fixed that as well.got the bumper off with a breaker bar. took alot of muscle and scraped knuckles to get the bumper off :pity:. the 318 is finally gone

mopar goddess

bigroge1

was sanding down the hood and wow i think the hood was painted  WALMART orange. i found some surface rust inside of the underhood and so the question is does the hood come apart in two pieces cause from what i can tell i can kinda separate them both apart with a screw driver. or should i just power wash it and kill the surface rust a different way

mopar goddess

bigroge1

since its been rainin everyday for the past three weeks i decided to just work on the grill, thanks to "GeneralLeeTESH" i decided to try his way. heres some pics  :popcrn:

mopar goddess

bigroge1

day three workin on this grill my finger prints are gone but it's all worth it, eye piece is almost done just gotta sand it down to a correct shape

mopar goddess

bigroge1

Alright finally got some time to work on the grill, just sanded down, prepped and painted the grill shell , along with the R/T badge. the other driver side grill is pretty much broken, but im determined to get it done before july ends

mopar goddess

TylerCharger69

Is that a bowl of Dinty Moore Stew I see there next to the sink?...lol

bigroge1

LMAO naw it's my mums home made chili soup it only burns coming out the other end. the eye piece is done and the R/t badge took awhile with the masking part but it's done

mopar goddess

Silver R/T

looks like you're not going to put silver on grille? What I did is I sprayed silver first, then taped it off and sprayed black. Turned out quite good.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

bigroge1

im still debating on the color right now. i've seen grills that are the same color as the car like orange or green and it looks good but i've never seen anyone doin an all black front grill on a black 69 charger.  then again seeing the old school colors on a grill still looks great. does anyone on here can make a rough sketch of an all black 69 charger including the trim being black as well :shruggy:

mopar goddess

Brock Samson

mine pre '99... grill was all semi gloss and the rear facia too..

PocketThunder

Your wifes gonna be mad that you painted her patio chairs..  :icon_smile_big:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

bigroge1

Quote from: Brock Samson on July 17, 2009, 11:46:27 AM
mine pre '99... grill was all semi gloss and the rear facia too..
that's what i'm aiming at thanks Brock, im going for flat black since some new challengers has been sporting it around here, those lawn chairs have been a resort for wasp for some odd reason for every summer so she don't mind lol

mopar goddess