News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Kurt Busch, suspended for rest of season

Started by NHCharger, November 13, 2005, 03:11:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NHCharger

72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Chargen69

Thank YOU!!!!     I cant stand him at all.   Hey Kurt, keep trying, you might actually screw up the deal of a liftime.      :nana:

Spike

One of Busch's sponsors is Crown Royal, a distilled whisky brand. He is also set to leave Roush at the end of this season to join Penske Racing South and replace retiring Rusty Wallace in a car sponsored by Miller Lite beer.   :icon_smile_dead:

General_01

I can't wait. I am a Rusty fan, but I hate Busch. Spoiled rotten brat. When I wear my Rusty stuff next year, people might think I actually like that idiot Busch. >:(
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

69_500

He screwed up that is for sure. This is one of the reasons I don't like the Chase for the Cup. He won't be driving the last 2 races yet, he can't fall out of the top 10 in points. So he is guaranteed a pretty decent check from nascar at the end of the season. If they hadn't reset the points I do believe that Jamie McMurray would have passed him in season points this week, and a few others could have caught him by the end of the next race.

Telvis

It's a shame. Obviously he has personality issues he can't control. What an idiot!

69_500

Anyone else see him in the same light as Tony Stewart? I mean Tony from say 5 years ago?

andy74

Blown70

Is not Sheriff Aprio (spelling) the one who has the jail in the desert?  Makes them work on chain gangs.

Send the Smart AZZ out to work in a chain gang for a time. 

Tom

70charginglizard

Quote from: Chargen69 on November 13, 2005, 04:12:35 PM
Thank YOU!!!!     I cant stand him at all.   Hey Kurt, keep trying, you might actually screw up the deal of a liftime.      :nana:

Me neither. But I hate his little punk brother even worse thatnks to that race where he shoved Kasey Khane into the wall....little bastard.
70charginglizard

69_500

Speaking of Kasey Kahne, what has been his deal lately? Are they sandbaging the last 7 weeks or what? I mean he can't qualify to save his butt, and then he either wrecks early, or he winds up running the entire race but still finishing 30th or so. What are they doing looking forward to next season already or what? Or is Evernham using his car as a test for Mayfield's car?

ChargerRT440

Honestly guys I think it's a load of garbage now I'm not a Kurt Busch fan by any means but I think to be suspended  because not one but two breathalizers(sp?) broke and he's only suspected of DUI but only charged with some reckless driving charge is a load and I think everyone busch fan or not should be able to agree.
I hate his brother Kyle with a passion because he's to green for the Nascar Nextel Cup but hey I'm not the one who hired him. Kurt's already admited he's sorry and Rogar Penske has apologized to. He even said the deal will not effect Kurt's contract agreement.
I honestly believe that this is just Jack Roush being a jack@$$ and booting Kurt out the door early.
I for one welcome Kurt to the Penske team and tho I relize he won't be as good as Rusty Wallace I know he'll do a pretty good job in his place.

Orange_Crush

Probably just a publicity stunt.  Everything about NASCAR is fake.  The only way they could have less credibility is if the drivers wore these:

I figure it won't be long until its called the WDE (World Driving Entertainment).
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

Chargen69

Quote from: ChargerRT440 on November 14, 2005, 01:19:18 PM
Honestly guys I think it's a load of garbage now I'm not a Kurt Busch fan by any means but I think to be suspended   because not one but two breathalizers(sp?) broke and he's only suspected of DUI but only charged with some reckless driving charge is a load and I think everyone busch fan or not should be able to agree.
I hate his brother Kyle with a passion because he's to green for the Nascar Nextel Cup but hey I'm not the one who hired him. Kurt's already admited he's sorry and Rogar Penske has apologized to. He even said the deal will not effect Kurt's contract agreement.
I honestly believe that this is just Jack Roush being a jack@$$ and booting Kurt out the door early.
I for one welcome Kurt to the Penske team and tho I relize he won't be as good as Rusty Wallace I know he'll do a pretty good job in his place.

It wouldnt surprise me if they were using this to rattle his cage on the way out.

Ponch ®

Honestly guys I think it's a load of garbage now I'm not a Kurt Busch fan by any means but I think to be suspended   because not one but two breathalizers(sp?) broke and he's only suspected of DUI but only charged with some reckless driving charge is a load and I think everyone busch fan or not should be able to agree.

I think he's getting railroaded - and I'm a Busch hater. He may or may not have been DUI, but the Sheriff had no bussiness releasing that information if they had no proof - just seems that if they cant get him by the book, theyll just have him tried and convicted in the court of public opinion. That could end up ruining the guy's career. That Sheriff has done some pretty interesting things down there, but he's also an asshole and might be trying to grab some attention for himself in this whole deal by grandstanding. If I were Kurt Busch, I'd be thinking about suing the Sheriff's dept. As far as Roush goes, after the whole deal with the contract he was just looking for a good reason to get rid of him and come out looking good - kinda like when your girlfriend tells you she wants out so you dump her before she does.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Charger4404spd

Quote from: Ponch on November 14, 2005, 02:19:23 PM
Honestly guys I think it's a load of garbage now I'm not a Kurt Busch fan by any means but I think to be suspended  because not one but two breathalizers(sp?) broke and he's only suspected of DUI but only charged with some reckless driving charge is a load and I think everyone busch fan or not should be able to agree.

I think he's getting railroaded - and I'm a Busch hater. He may or may not have been DUI, but the Sheriff had no bussiness releasing that information if they had no proof - just seems that if they cant get him by the book, theyll just have him tried and convicted in the court of public opinion. That could end up ruining the guy's career. That Sheriff has done some pretty interesting things down there, but he's also an asshole and might be trying to grab some attention for himself in this whole deal by grandstanding. If I were Kurt Busch, I'd be thinking about suing the Sheriff's dept. As far as Roush goes, after the whole deal with the contract he was just looking for a good reason to get rid of him and come out looking good - kinda like when your girlfriend tells you she wants out so you dump her before she does.

The Sheriff probably didnt have anything to do with releasing his info. It is on the public records. ANyone can has a right to that info. And why would he sue the Sheriff, he was driving under the influence and got caught! Your right about Roush though, hes kinda pissed because Busch wanted out of his contract early to drive for Penske, so Im sure Roush had a smile on his face when he said "Your fired you stupid little whineyazz baby!"

Smoke20

Ithink Kurt got what he deserved, and Jack Roush made it perfectly clear.

If you are a "sports" personality, be it in NASCAR, MLB, NFL, etc., you have a contract that prohibits certain behaviours. Reckless driving, speeding and suspected DUI would be murderous for any "celebrety" but for a professional driver? You are kept, whether you want to or not, to a higher standard. This is no different IMO than say Darryl Strawberry's coke problems when he was active with the Yankees. 

Bottom line, Kurt made Jack look bad to Sharpie and Crown Royal. What would YOU do? Suspend a driver for 2 races before he quits anyway, or risk blowing  multi million dollar sponsorships?
Kevin
It's MoPar or No Car!  :drive:

'69 Dodge Charger - Black primer
01 Dodge Intrepid R/T 3.5L Magnum V6 36K
05 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT Inferno Red, Loaded

Chargen69

Quote from: Smoke20 on November 14, 2005, 05:30:20 PM
Ithink Kurt got what he deserved, and Jack Roush made it perfectly clear.

If you are a "sports" personality, be it in NASCAR, MLB, NFL, etc., you have a contract that prohibits certain behaviours. Reckless driving, speeding and suspected DUI would be murderous for any "celebrety" but for a professional driver? You are kept, whether you want to or not, to a higher standard. This is no different IMO than say Darryl Strawberry's coke problems when he was active with the Yankees.  

Bottom line, Kurt made Jack look bad to Sharpie and Crown Royal. What would YOU do? Suspend a driver for 2 races before he quits anyway, or risk blowing   multi million dollar sponsorships?

:iagree:

But what would have happened to Little E if it was him.   (BTW, Little E is the only reason I still watch NASCAR)

Charger71

I think the Sheriff did kurt a favor by testing him with a "broken" machine.  Imagine finding that he was real drunk.  By "submitting" to the breath test,  he won't get his license revoked.

I think its a good idea he was suspended.  He should receive the same punishment any offender would receive.

I can't imagine arguing with a cop and "convincing" him to reduce my charges. 

I know if I was pulled over for suspicion of DUI, I'd be taken to jail until I bailed out....

Back to my original statement,  Busch got a favor from those cops.

Just my two cents...  Now,   we should just all sit down and drink a Crown&Coke :blahblah:
Charger71

Lowprofile

Quote from: 69_500 on November 14, 2005, 09:20:24 AM
Anyone else see him in the same light as Tony Stewart? I mean Tony from say 5 years ago?

Kurt Busch couldn't carry Tony Stewarts luggage.  Any time, any place. 
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Wakko

Quote from: Blown70 on November 14, 2005, 10:24:32 AM
Is not Sheriff Aprio (spelling) the one who has the jail in the desert?  Makes them work on chain gangs.

Send the Smart AZZ out to work in a chain gang for a time. 

Tom

Yep!

And yes, the information is all public record, no need to be deliberately released by PD.
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

Telvis

I wonder why they didn't take him to a hospital for a blood test after the Intoxylizer failed? In Ky Implied consent covers Blood, breath and urine. You can be asked for any one, two or all three.

Smoke20

Quote from: Lowprofile on November 14, 2005, 10:45:16 PM
Quote from: 69_500 on November 14, 2005, 09:20:24 AM

Kurt Busch couldn't carry Tony Stewarts luggage.   Any time, any place.  
:iagree:
Kevin
It's MoPar or No Car!  :drive:

'69 Dodge Charger - Black primer
01 Dodge Intrepid R/T 3.5L Magnum V6 36K
05 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT Inferno Red, Loaded

'CUDA360

There is a bigger story looming and this case is not gonna get any prettier
I live in the Phoenix area and a leak at the sheriffs office is making this whole thing make sense.

Understand that the Sheriffs office gets big money in overtime by renting the deputys out for all of PIRs events. Aparently when the breathilizer "broke" someone at NASCAR was cutting a deal where if they let Kurt go the OT for the sheriffs office would not go away.

This way, NASCAR can make a stand by punishing Kurt as well as helping the beer makers with new drinking awareness programs.
The Sheriff gets to grandstand too with free publicity and keep in mind next year he is thinking of running for governer (he just made the announcement on Thursday)

Arizona politics, we are not the old west anymore but we still act like it