News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chrysler is going broke and yet they still won't lower their prices

Started by ACUDANUT, April 27, 2009, 08:15:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACUDANUT

I Tried to buy a new Challenger and they are not wanting to deal. What gives ?  :shruggy:

jb666

That's just plain stupid.. In a couple of months if they want to know why their little plan failed they need to line up and look at themselves in a mirror...  :slap:

If I were them I'd be running a BUY ONE GET ONE 1/2 OFF deal.. Move those vehicles out of there!!

skip68

They don't want to show they are making money.  They need to show a loss so they can beg for money from the government which means US the tax payer.   :rotz:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

69bronzeT5

Me and my dad test drove a white '09 R/T. The purchase price was very high. It made us :o
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Todd Wilson

Which Challenger was it?  They wont deal on a SRT. The others they should. Go to a different dealership. That one may not be hungry enough. Its the dealership and not Chrysler not wanting to deal on an SRT.

Todd

Old Moparz

Locally, I don't see any deals advertised that look like they'll save you much money considering they're crying poverty. I keep thinking that by now you'd see cars listed way below the sticker, but all I see is a few thousand at most. That discount usually includes 3 or 4 combined rebates that most cannot qualify for, like recent college grad, business owner, loyal customer, military, & such. I still had a better deal getting $13,000 off my 2004 truck as a leftover in 2005.   :shruggy:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Brock Samson

Arkgl01

Go to other dealers. I bought my vette in dallas cause everyone around here thought they had to get sticker. Its all about the dealer and if they will deal or not!
69 440 RT matching.. mostly original!

mopar_nut_440_6

Our local dealer was offering a deal. Buy a full size pickup and get a Caliber for $1. They will not deal on teh Challies though and are overpriced!
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

ChgrSteve67

no deals on any performance cars (Chargers, Vipers & Challenges)

i know they are robbing people on service.  Local dealer wanted 1,000 to perform a 30,000 fluid change and inspection.  BTW If you have a HEMI its an additional $300 for the same service.

If you want a truck or mini van now is the time to get one at a great price.

chargerboy69

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on April 28, 2009, 01:17:05 PM
no deals on any performance cars (Chargers, Vipers & Challenges)

The new Charger is a performance car?  :D
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Silver R/T

Quote from: Todd Wilson on April 27, 2009, 09:37:48 PM
Which Challenger was it?  They wont deal on a SRT. The others they should. Go to a different dealership. That one may not be hungry enough. Its the dealership and not Chrysler not wanting to deal on an SRT.

Todd

over here they do state in their ads that you won't be getting "special" price on Viper, SRT or Diesel vehicles, it's pretty much straightforward.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Dodge Don

Ghoste

It's just dealer greed, nothing more.  They killed the new Thunderbird at the Ford dealers and if they can help it, they'll kill the Challenger too.  Out local dealer has a killer deal on an 09 Challenger SE demonstrator, he only wants full list for it.  "It would be well over manufacturers list if it wasn't a demo, they go for as much as 100k on e-bay you know".

mauve66

tell him to show you the ebay add for a challenger over 100K
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

chargerboy69

Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Ghoste

Quote from: mauve66 on April 29, 2009, 06:24:47 PM
tell him to show you the ebay add for a challenger over 100K

I did, I also suggested he put his on e-bay too since that must be where all the fools are buying them.

ITSA426

Maybe they can lose a little on each sale and make it up in volume. 

Silver R/T

What does that mean, we all will be driving imports or Ford, since its the only one of the Big Three that is doing comparably "well"
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

oldschool

Quote from: ACUDANUT on April 27, 2009, 08:15:01 PM
I Tried to buy a new Challenger and they are not wanting to deal. What gives ?  :shruggy:

ran into the same thing. i bought a pontiac G8 instead. better car,alot less money,faster.......
1968 cuda formula S bb 4-sp                          1968 Charger R/T 500" 4-sp
1970 Charger 580" 4-sp
1970 Cuda Convertible 500" 4-sp
1970 Cuda Convertible 500" 4-sp
TOO MUCH HORSEPOWER, IS ALMOST ENOUGH!

Chatt69chgr

I felt like I got a pretty good deal on my Challenger R/T.  Ordered it jan 26.  Paid $1400 below invoice.  Got $1000 off for financing with Chrysler Financial, and got 0% interest for 48 months.  Before the employee price deal, I could have ordered one for $500 over invoice.  All that may have changed lately as more folks become familiar with the Challenger and try to buy one off the lot. 

ChgrSteve67

I think most dealers are trying to explot the popularity of the car and feel justified in gouging thier customers to make extra money.

Glad to hear someone has found an honest dealership out there somewhere.

Honestly I think I should be able to order a car directly from the factory for the same price the local dealers get to buy them for.

Ghoste

And in our online world maybe that is what will come.  Order your car like buying a Dell computer.  The dealerships would become parts and service centers with perhaps a few demo models for driving experiences.  I'm not sure where they would fit the mandatory offshore call center into all of it but I know they'll figure out a way.

mauve66

Quote from: Ghoste on April 30, 2009, 08:57:20 AM
And in our online world maybe that is what will come.  Order your car like buying a Dell computer.  The dealerships would become parts and service centers with perhaps a few demo models for driving experiences.  I'm not sure where they would fit the mandatory offshore call center into all of it but I know they'll figure out a way.

i'm sure there are alot more "Bobs'" over in India looking for a job at the new call center..................
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment