News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

So you want to see why I'm pissed?? (PICS)

Started by jb666, April 27, 2009, 06:14:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb666

I'm going to a station at noon today.. He said for the cost of a PASSENGER inspection he'll "correct" the information in the computer and I won't go through this again...

We'll see.

Just 6T9 CHGR

The truck is 3 years old....has it been registered before?  how was it done last time?
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

jb666

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on April 28, 2009, 11:34:41 AM
The truck is 3 years old....has it been registered before?  how was it done last time?

Well, the law changed in October 2007, so this never effected me before.

Not to mention I bought this 2 years ago as a new leftover..

My appointment got pushed forward until 2PM today..

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

jb666

It went bad. Real bad, actually. I'll post about it later.

ChgrSteve67

They confinscated the truck and called the police on you?

If you on the Lamb let us know and we will go pick up your GL.

You didn't ask the guy if he has heard of your BK thread...

mauve66

they realized they made a mistake for the past several years and now you have penalties added also............................
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

resq302

Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

1969chargerrtse

This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

resq302

Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

jb666

Well, here's the deal.. I showed up at my appointment, and immediately this guy (who's a friend of a friend) starts in on me... Your tires are too big. Your truck is too high. Your front/rear cameras are blocking the "Massachusetts" on the license plates, your windows are too dark, you don't have a back-up warning beeper installed. And from there it went down hill...

He kept me sitting there for an HOUR while he went and looked (online) for a law about the height of a "commercial vehicle", which he couldn't find..  He then tried telling me that he couldn't inspect me because my headlights (which were supposed to be 24" off the ground were 51" off the ground -- The center of the beam) weren't adjusted properly.  The list goes on and on and on....

Then, to top it off, he tells me that my truck shouldn't have been registered as a "Passenger vehicle" in the first place. Right there I stopped him, told him where to shove his lists, and I left..

I've got 1/2 day tomorrow and I'm stopping by another shop that's 1/4 mile from my house that does nothing BUT diesel repair/inspection that just so happens to employ an old friend from high school (I learned tonight).

Wish me luck... I went to multiple dealerships tonight looking to trade and nothing caught my eye... So I'm going to try to make this work.

chargerkid01

bk72

Quote from: jb666 on April 28, 2009, 07:48:23 PM
Well, here's the deal.. I showed up at my appointment, and immediately this guy (who's a friend of a friend) starts in on me... Your tires are too big. Your truck is too high. Your front/rear cameras are blocking the "Massachusetts" on the license plates, your windows are too dark, you don't have a back-up warning beeper installed. And from there it went down hill...

He kept me sitting there for an HOUR while he went and looked (online) for a law about the height of a "commercial vehicle", which he couldn't find..  He then tried telling me that he couldn't inspect me because my headlights (which were supposed to be 24" off the ground were 51" off the ground -- The center of the beam) weren't adjusted properly.  The list goes on and on and on....

Then, to top it off, he tells me that my truck shouldn't have been registered as a "Passenger vehicle" in the first place. Right there I stopped him, told him where to shove his lists, and I left..

I've got 1/2 day tomorrow and I'm stopping by another shop that's 1/4 mile from my house that does nothing BUT diesel repair/inspection that just so happens to employ an old friend from high school (I learned tonight).

Wish me luck... I went to multiple dealerships tonight looking to trade and nothing caught my eye... So I'm going to try to make this work.

i hope everything goes well

jb666

Quote from: chargerkid01 on April 28, 2009, 08:09:14 PM
sounds like a bunch of bs keep us posted :cheers:

Nice avatar   :rofl: :rofl: I have to say, that in the 2 years I've owned this truck it's been great... Then again I don't beat OR work it.

chargerkid01

I pesonally don't own a cummins I would love to get one soon. My buddy used to work at the ford dealership here and always said stay away from the 6.0 powerstroke. What knowledge I know of ford and their powerstroke plus what I have heard I would rather a 7.3 international in a ford!! WE had so much fun in that first gereration 12valve cummins he had though!!

jb666

Quote from: chargerkid01 on April 28, 2009, 09:01:12 PM
I pesonally don't own a cummins I would love to get one soon. My buddy used to work at the ford dealership here and always said stay away from the 6.0 powerstroke. What knowledge I know of ford and their powerstroke plus what I have heard I would rather a 7.3 international in a ford!! WE had so much fun in that first gereration 12valve cummins he had though!!

Yeah, I hear ya.. I've heard the warnings too.. I DID have a turbo go bad when the truck only had 300 miles on it.. .Then the high pressure pump went with 10k on it..

Imagine if I WAS working this thing??  Both were covered under warranty though, so I didn't care.

chargerkid01

that first gen cummins was practically rebuilt due to my buddy not knowing how to take care of it. Oil pump went out, took the turbo, and inlector pump out all at the same time. Month later welded the bands in the tranny together and had no forward gears. I wish I would have bought it off him, but it was pretty well trashed and would been more work than what I want to do. I'll look at the ford at work in the morning and ee what its gvw is. It is he same truck only it has a gas engine!! JUNK!!!!

jb666

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!

Today has a happy ending... And not the kind you get at the local massage parlor...

After running around for the last two days getting one rejection after another, and having NOT ONE STATION run my VIN# through their computer, I was about to give up. In fact, the wife and I drove around to 4 dealerships last night looking to trade the beast in... For some reason I couldn't pull the trigger...

Anyways, I took this afternoon off to take care of this (or buy a new vehicle), and about 3:30 I figured I'd go by an old friend's shop that I knew did inspections, but had NO IDEA he did commercial inspections... Well, being a big time truck guy, he says "Of course I'm commercial, pull it in!!". 10 minutes later he had the truck inspected, scanned in (which came up PASSENGER VEHICLE/VANITY) and the weight in the system corrected to 11,400 lbs GVWR (from 14000). The charger for this WAS NOT $130-150, but $29.99 and he explained that because I'm registered PASSENGER to a residential address that I'm NOT a "commercial vehicle". Voila.. out the door I was, good for another year!!!!!!!!!!!

ChgrSteve67

I'm glad to hear it all worked out for you.

It really amazes me why crap like this has to be so hard.
These people do this for a living and don't know crap.
Then you come across one person that knows what they are doing.

Problem Solved

jb666

Thanks, it was a HUGE relief... And to the local guy who was busting my balls over every little thing on my truck... Well...