News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

car show last night and an 06 shows up

Started by andy74, July 29, 2005, 11:48:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy74

so i a go to a show,a small local one that a lot of peoplle from the syracuse area go to.First of all I was kinda pissed because the parking guys were not doing their job,and everyone was parked all goofy,it took me 20 minutes to find a spot,then next,a couple of jack asses pull in with a 06 charger,an 05 gto and a new mustang-pulled right in and acted like they belong there.I f that isnt enough,the arogant prick in the 06 says to my wife,your car has a rust spot on the bumper,and walks away! so she says,my husband has been working on his car since before we got married,and he didnt just go buy a new car and show up here-now i know why i married her ;D

alenglish

way to go Andy    tell your wife too.
Look for me  Sunday    I'm a big tall guy    parking  show  cars
also wearing a black  charger hat       
and a show  shirt                    Big  Al
>You only need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape.  If it doesn't move
>and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct
tape.
>

plum500

Haha. I didn't make it, but apparently *they* had one at a local show here. Announced over the PA, "thanks to the local DCX dealer for bringing the '06 Cha..." Guy at work was there with his Challenger, said a bunch of kids went "Woah!!" ...ran to see it...and RAN RIGHT BY IT!

Every time I try to give that thing some space or make excuses for it (mostly out of denial that the thing actually exists), my wife brings me back to reality. It's great :) She'll say "but look at it..." with a disgusted tone, usually followed with a comment regarding a Taurus  :icon_smile_big:

andy74

hey al, ill be there early,i am driving the charger over,and putting my 73 chrysler in the car coral.just got off the phone with onondaga county parks,they are leting me park the chrysler overnight-had to tell the park rangers.see you then

FastbackJon

Him....

"Your Charger has a rust spot on the bumper."

You...

"Yeah, well it's still a Charger. At least I didn't just waste $35,000 on a new four door Taurus. <snicker> <snicker>"

:D
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

Brock Samson

So Andy, You have to sell these things?.. that must be just awful... Great wife!

BrianShaughnessy

Sounds like you need new parking lot guys   :icon_smile_dead:

Tell your wife she's a keeper!!!      :angel:

A black '06 tried to drive thru Highland a couple weeks ago but saw me and 3 1st gens there and kept going.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

andy74

i found what they need

MichaelRW

Most of the car shows around here where I live limit entrants to 1972 or older. No newer cars. This keeps the riff-raff out like the 06 Marger, er umm, Chagnum...can't decide what to call that lump.
A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.........

41husk

72 or older?  I have been to some shows that limited it to 85 and older, but 72 leaves many cool cars out including  3rd Gen Chargers.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

andy74

this year the street rod nationals let in 79 and older,i saw tons of muscle cars there-still waiting for the pics so i can post some,saw a super bird,half a dozen 3rd gen chargers/birds,about 3 dozen 2nd gen b bodies and more a nd e bodies than i could count.and the best part was no new anything! sometimes selling theses sucks,im the only salesperson at our store who wont push the new charger-sold tons of magnums,and have switched people to stratuses instead.i did sell 2 of the chargers,one to an 66 year old lady,who keeps calling it her intrepid,and a hemi r/t to my bosses neighbor. remember i have my feelings on my license plates!

Brock Samson

her intrepid huh?.. telling... when the sedan was "pushed" on me at $50 over invoice with a free sunroof, (installed off site) the manager told me lookin at my 300 M out the window, lots of folks were comming into the dealership looking for the old LHs, intrepids and 300s.. he looked worried.. to me..

cicero charger

Hi Andy'   Ughh one of those guys"' :icon_smile_dead:     Bet me, he needs a labotomy'' 
      That's a great come back from the wife""' :angel:     Bet she cooks too :angel :angel:
    Hey you can't miss AL"   He's way up there. Nice guy''    I'll see you at the show''' :yesnod:
                                                                             Gerry

70charginglizard

Quote from: andy74 on July 29, 2005, 11:48:37 AM
a couple of jack asses pull in with a 06 charger,an 05 gto and a new mustang-pulled right in and acted like they belong there. If that isnt enough,the arogant prick in the 06 says to my wife,your car has a rust spot on the bumper,and walks away! so she says,my husband has been working on his car since before we got married,and he didnt just go buy a new car and show up here-now i know why i married her ;D

You see....This is what worries me about these type of people coming in to our (and I do mean OUR) shows. These new guys coming into the shows thinking there all that just because they dumpped 25-40 grand on a "so called" new age muscle car and getting a bunch of thank yous from the car show organizers. "like they had anything to do with making the classic show better"

They should only be allowed to go to that new age ricer shows Thats where they all belong anyway. :flame:
70charginglizard

KMPX2

I like to remind those guys that there car ia a 4dr version of a station wagon

MichaelRW

Quote from: 41husk on July 29, 2005, 02:05:40 PM
72 or older?  I have been to some shows that limited it to 85 and older, but 72 leaves many cool cars out including  3rd Gen Chargers.

Yes, 72 or older is what most of them stick to. I don't know why, it's just the way it has been for quite awhile now. It might be because any 1972 car or older doesn't have to be smogged. That year may have edged upward now but I am not sure.

Even at 1972, it allows the first 2 years of 3rd generation to enter.

I agree with you that there are some cool cars post 1972 but the HP and performance was quite a bit less than the 1971 and older cars. I happened to have purchased a new 1975 Trans Am (400 c.i.) and it was really a dog compared to pre-unleaded versions.
A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.........

TheGhost

Pre 72?  Suppose you have a 78 Warlock that you spent 3 years, and your blood, sweatt, and tears restoring?  Come on....  Some of this should be left up to common sense, not year limits.

And, I hate it when new cars go to car shows meant for classics.  Unless you scraped up your knuckles from working on the car, and have oil stains on your fingers, you don't really belong there.  *DISCLAIMER*  Those are just my feelings, however.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

ChgrSteve67

Next time say....

Chargers have only two doors. Nice Intrepid.

BrianShaughnessy

The show in town was '80 or older.    Rhinebeck show is a sliding 25 year thing... I think they were up to 79.

Bear Mt. is now 85 or older.

Cruise's are generally anything goes.

If I go someplace and somebody hands a trophy to something like a new Vette over an older car,  I won't be back.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

alenglish

>You only need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape.  If it doesn't move
>and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct
tape.
>

bull

Quote from: Ghost on July 29, 2005, 04:11:16 PM
Pre 72?   Suppose you have a 78 Warlock that you spent 3 years, and your blood, sweatt, and tears restoring?   Come on....   Some of this should be left up to common sense, not year limits.

Someone's always going to feel left out but there's got to be a line drawn somewhere. I think banning current-year cars from a classic car shows (or websites) is a good place to start. Thirty years from now, if any '06 Chagnums are still around, they can bring them to the car shows. Does anyone really believe people will be dragging '06s out of wrecking yards in 2035 to restore them?

Dodge-Charger

I like it here, mostly 74 and back. Unless you have a real nice 77 vett or so. NO 80s cars allowed. The other week I went to the one in town and a 06 showed up and asked " where can i park ? " I heard the guy say " See that lot over there " 06 guy said " yep " lot director said " yeah thats where you need to be , you know the guys who come to see the real cars "    I was about 10 ' away and busted out laughin like hell.
I think he knew me and about 6 other guys were laughin at him being we were pointing and stuff. One of the guys standing with me asked where the baby seat was out loud. Then he said quietly  " quick , go get yours and put it in your trunk" to me. LOL

The guy in the 06 didnt stay long. no wait, haha he didnt even park the car !  :icon_smile_big:

Silver R/T

well at least I dont buy 23's to compensate for lack of size....:)
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Silver R/T

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Ghoste

I'd rather have a rust spot on my bumper than an ugly four door family car pretending to be something it ain't!

70charger_boy

Sinister68

Him....

"Your Charger has a rust spot on the bumper."

You...

"Your Charger has a couple of extra doors."

:yesnod:  :icon_smile_big:
-James
2013 Challenger SRT - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 1968 Charger (R/T)
6.4 Hemi/Auto - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 440 4bbl/5 Speed/Dana 3.54

Silver R/T

Quote from: andy74 on July 29, 2005, 11:48:37 AM
so i a go to a show,a small local one that a lot of peoplle from the syracuse area go to.First of all I was kinda pissed because the parking guys were not doing their job,and everyone was parked all goofy,it took me 20 minutes to find a spot,then next,a couple of jack asses pull in with a 06 charger,an 05 gto and a new mustang-pulled right in and acted like they belong there.I f that isnt enough,the arogant prick in the 06 says to my wife,your car has a rust spot on the bumper,and walks away! so she says,my husband has been working on his car since before we got married,and he didnt just go buy a new car and show up here-now i know why i married her ;D

should've whooped his ass. I wouldn't even mind if you imagined it was me for a second :)

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Ghoste

You do know that you already replied to this post a couple of times back when it was current a year and a half ago, right?

70charger_boy

Quote from: Ghoste on January 20, 2007, 11:35:50 PM
You do know that you already replied to this post a couple of times back when it was current a year and a half ago, right?
:popcrn:

Silver R/T

Quote from: Ghoste on January 20, 2007, 11:35:50 PM

whoever brought this post back up...I didn't even notice this until later. Oh well.

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Ghoste

Sooo, none of it looked a little familiar when you were reading through it? :-\

No big deal I guess, there's a lot of dredging going on lately and it's easy to get caught up.