News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need help with burned Powerwindow motor

Started by Belgium R/T -68, April 27, 2009, 10:43:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belgium R/T -68

One of the P-window motors on my Chrysler 300-69 (same as B-body) has burned in the lower position. :eek2: Can I release it
and manually get the window up untill I get a "new" one?  :scratchchin:

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

Charger-Bodie

You will need to unbolt it, raise the window manually and then rebolt the motor.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Belgium R/T -68

Belgium R/T -68

Come to think of it, can my motor be burned if it works one direction? :scratchchin:

Topher

Could be a dirty contact inside the motor, or the switch. Have you tried running the motor with some jumper wires?
Topher

67 Charger 383-4spd "the Dawg"

www.headlightmotorman.com

Dodge Don

Before you unbolt the P/W motor from the regulator be sure to clamp the regulator arm (vice grip will do) so that the tension spring doesn't snap the arm back....like a hatchet!

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Dodge Don on April 29, 2009, 06:55:22 PM
Before you unbolt the P/W motor from the regulator be sure to clamp the regulator arm (vice grip will do) so that the tension spring doesn't snap the arm back....like a hatchet!

FYI the spring pressure helps "raise" the window.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

Dodge Don

Quote from: 1hot68 on April 29, 2009, 07:07:57 PM

Really?  :scratchchin:  Thanks for the newsflash

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Dodge Don on April 29, 2009, 08:46:39 PM

OK I see how ya are! I stand corrected . Everyone prepare yourself for the automotive guillotine!  ::)

But seriously its not as dangerous as people are lead to believe. you do need to be careful though. :icon_smile_blackeye:

Dodge Don

Quote from: 1hot68 on April 29, 2009, 09:08:08 PM
Quote from: Dodge Don on April 29, 2009, 08:46:39 PM

OK I see how ya are! I stand corrected . Everyone prepare yourself for the automotive guillotine!  ::)

But seriously its not as dangerous as people are lead to believe. you do need to be careful though. :icon_smile_blackeye:

It won't cut off your hand or fingers but it can hurt like a mother. I was bench testing my P/W regultor assemblies and forgot one time to clamp the arm down and got whacked hard on my thumb....dumb mistake on my part that had me dancing around the garage throwing out every expletive I could think of. Probably not as dumb as the time I was pulling on a rear drum brake spring and ended up punching myself in the face  :brickwall: