News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Swine flu- anyone else getting freaked out?

Started by 69bronzeT5, April 27, 2009, 12:14:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you worried about the swine flu?

Yes
4 (7.3%)
No
32 (58.2%)
Kind of
9 (16.4%)
Not yet
10 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 55

69bronzeT5

This whole swine flu thing is really bugging me. I'm pretty concerned. Anybody else here worried? :-\
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

captnsim

Nope...I hear it only likes Mexicans and Canadians  :D
Actually I'm a little worried...but for now it just seems like everyones being extra cautious. Plus the media is sensationalizing it to the fullest...I guess I'll wait and get really worried when people around me start dropping...  :-\   

Neal_J

The story is sensationalized to take folks' minds off the economy....

Just keep washing your hands frequently and you'll be fine.

Neal

MoparManJim

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on April 27, 2009, 12:14:18 AM
This whole swine flu thing is really bugging me. I'm pretty concerned. Anybody else here worried? :-\

Well, I heard about it on the news afew times now. I'm not really worried yet. But as we all know the air can travel anywhere it wants to though so if the flu bug wanted to travel, it could.. so it doesn't just have to stay down south if it doesn't want to. If it's so close to the border line to Texas, then why isn't folks in Texas worried?

mopar_nut_440_6

My wife and I both work in health care so I am a bit worried but not enough to freak out! I always wash my hands and use sanitizer after so will stay with this and hope for the best!
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

bigred68

I had bacon this morning!! and, yesterday too!!
NOT SKEERED!!
:cheers:

Charger74

I got an email from a friend in Texas, her daugthers go to the school where they had 3 cases already.  School is closed for the next 10 days.  She is kind of freaked but will keep a cool head about things.

Tilar

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

bull

I'm about as freaked out about it as I was about the West Nile virus, Y2K and mad cow disease. :sleep:

Back N Black

I can't believe you doing a Poll on the Swine flu.  :shruggy:

Mr.Woolery

I'm hearing about this flu strain spreading, but I haven't heard much about it's morbidity/mortality yet.  If it's just like any other flu, I won't worry too much about it--everyone gets the flu.  Suffer for a week or so, then be over it.

However, if it's a sort of "superflu" which the sufferer has an increased chance of serious complications or death, then I'll start to get freaked out.  I'm hearing nothing about how dangerous this flu is if it's contracted other than it's respiratory related.  What percentage of sufferers are dying from it?
-1971 Charger R/T clone restomod project

For details on my cars, check out my web blog

Ponch ®

I'm both mexican and, according to some, either a fascist or chauvinist pig....so I'm pretty sure I'm immune.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Mr.Woolery

-1971 Charger R/T clone restomod project

For details on my cars, check out my web blog

69bronzeT5

Quote from: Back N Black on April 27, 2009, 10:10:34 AM
I can't believe you doing a Poll on the Swine flu.  :shruggy:

It seems to be getting big...so why not :shruggy:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

skip68

Quote from: Mr.Woolery on April 27, 2009, 11:28:43 AM
I'm hearing about this flu strain spreading, but I haven't heard much about it's morbidity/mortality yet.  If it's just like any other flu, I won't worry too much about it--everyone gets the flu.  Suffer for a week or so, then be over it.

However, if it's a sort of "superflu" which the sufferer has an increased chance of serious complications or death, then I'll start to get freaked out.  I'm hearing nothing about how dangerous this flu is if it's contracted other than it's respiratory related.  What percentage of sufferers are dying from it?

I heard on the news that over 86 people in Mexico have been killed from this flu.  :angel:  Apparently our standard antibiotics WILL kill the virus, though.  :2thumbs: CDC is sending millions of doses of antibiotics around the country.

Mrs.Skip68 ;)
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

bigred68

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

mikepmcs

Quote from: bigred68 on April 27, 2009, 08:05:31 AM
NOT SKEERED!!

and I left it on the counter for 3 days with the sun beating down on it,  wiped the maggots off(made some rice with those),  made it into a ball after picking up the 2 week old trash that spilled out on my lawn, forgot to wash my hands after the rotten fluid from the chicken package ran all over me....then.... I didn't even cook it prior to eating it.

Bring it on.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Ponch ®

Quote from: mikepmcs on April 27, 2009, 05:39:36 PM
NOT SKEERED!!

and I left it on the counter for 3 days with the sun beating down on it,  wiped the maggots off(made some rice with those),  made it into a ball after picking up the 2 week old trash that spilled out on my lawn, forgot to wash my hands after the rotten fluid from the chicken package ran all over me....then.... I didn't even cook it prior to eating it.

Bring it on.

damn....I'd rather get the Swine Flu than the case of the shits you're gonna get from that.

MoparManJim

Quote from: Ponch ® on April 27, 2009, 05:50:42 PM
Quote from: mikepmcs on April 27, 2009, 05:39:36 PM
NOT SKEERED!!

Bring it on.

damn....I'd rather get the Swine Flu than the case of the shits you're gonna get from that.

And I think your both are crazy  :smilielol:

Shakey

Quote from: bull on April 27, 2009, 10:08:58 AM
I'm about as freaked out about it as I was about the West Nile virus, Y2K and mad cow disease. :sleep:

You forgot SARS!   :pity:

bk72

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?