News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Swine flu- anyone else getting freaked out?

Started by 69bronzeT5, April 27, 2009, 12:14:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you worried about the swine flu?

Yes
4 (7.3%)
No
32 (58.2%)
Kind of
9 (16.4%)
Not yet
10 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 55

69bronzeT5

This whole swine flu thing is really bugging me. I'm pretty concerned. Anybody else here worried? :-\
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

captnsim

Nope...I hear it only likes Mexicans and Canadians  :D
Actually I'm a little worried...but for now it just seems like everyones being extra cautious. Plus the media is sensationalizing it to the fullest...I guess I'll wait and get really worried when people around me start dropping...  :-\   

Neal_J

The story is sensationalized to take folks' minds off the economy....

Just keep washing your hands frequently and you'll be fine.

Neal

MoparManJim

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on April 27, 2009, 12:14:18 AM
This whole swine flu thing is really bugging me. I'm pretty concerned. Anybody else here worried? :-\

Well, I heard about it on the news afew times now. I'm not really worried yet. But as we all know the air can travel anywhere it wants to though so if the flu bug wanted to travel, it could.. so it doesn't just have to stay down south if it doesn't want to. If it's so close to the border line to Texas, then why isn't folks in Texas worried?

mopar_nut_440_6

My wife and I both work in health care so I am a bit worried but not enough to freak out! I always wash my hands and use sanitizer after so will stay with this and hope for the best!
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

bigred68

I had bacon this morning!! and, yesterday too!!
NOT SKEERED!!
:cheers:

Charger74

I got an email from a friend in Texas, her daugthers go to the school where they had 3 cases already.  School is closed for the next 10 days.  She is kind of freaked but will keep a cool head about things.

Tilar

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

bull

I'm about as freaked out about it as I was about the West Nile virus, Y2K and mad cow disease. :sleep:

Back N Black

I can't believe you doing a Poll on the Swine flu.  :shruggy:

Mr.Woolery

I'm hearing about this flu strain spreading, but I haven't heard much about it's morbidity/mortality yet.  If it's just like any other flu, I won't worry too much about it--everyone gets the flu.  Suffer for a week or so, then be over it.

However, if it's a sort of "superflu" which the sufferer has an increased chance of serious complications or death, then I'll start to get freaked out.  I'm hearing nothing about how dangerous this flu is if it's contracted other than it's respiratory related.  What percentage of sufferers are dying from it?
-1971 Charger R/T clone restomod project

For details on my cars, check out my web blog

Ponch ®

I'm both mexican and, according to some, either a fascist or chauvinist pig....so I'm pretty sure I'm immune.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Mr.Woolery

-1971 Charger R/T clone restomod project

For details on my cars, check out my web blog

69bronzeT5

Quote from: Back N Black on April 27, 2009, 10:10:34 AM
I can't believe you doing a Poll on the Swine flu.  :shruggy:

It seems to be getting big...so why not :shruggy:

skip68

Quote from: Mr.Woolery on April 27, 2009, 11:28:43 AM
I'm hearing about this flu strain spreading, but I haven't heard much about it's morbidity/mortality yet.  If it's just like any other flu, I won't worry too much about it--everyone gets the flu.  Suffer for a week or so, then be over it.

However, if it's a sort of "superflu" which the sufferer has an increased chance of serious complications or death, then I'll start to get freaked out.  I'm hearing nothing about how dangerous this flu is if it's contracted other than it's respiratory related.  What percentage of sufferers are dying from it?

I heard on the news that over 86 people in Mexico have been killed from this flu.  :angel:  Apparently our standard antibiotics WILL kill the virus, though.  :2thumbs: CDC is sending millions of doses of antibiotics around the country.

Mrs.Skip68 ;)
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

bigred68

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

mikepmcs

Quote from: bigred68 on April 27, 2009, 08:05:31 AM
NOT SKEERED!!

and I left it on the counter for 3 days with the sun beating down on it,  wiped the maggots off(made some rice with those),  made it into a ball after picking up the 2 week old trash that spilled out on my lawn, forgot to wash my hands after the rotten fluid from the chicken package ran all over me....then.... I didn't even cook it prior to eating it.

Bring it on.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Ponch ®

Quote from: mikepmcs on April 27, 2009, 05:39:36 PM
NOT SKEERED!!

and I left it on the counter for 3 days with the sun beating down on it,  wiped the maggots off(made some rice with those),  made it into a ball after picking up the 2 week old trash that spilled out on my lawn, forgot to wash my hands after the rotten fluid from the chicken package ran all over me....then.... I didn't even cook it prior to eating it.

Bring it on.

damn....I'd rather get the Swine Flu than the case of the shits you're gonna get from that.

MoparManJim

Quote from: Ponch ® on April 27, 2009, 05:50:42 PM
Quote from: mikepmcs on April 27, 2009, 05:39:36 PM
NOT SKEERED!!

Bring it on.

damn....I'd rather get the Swine Flu than the case of the shits you're gonna get from that.

And I think your both are crazy  :smilielol:

Shakey

Quote from: bull on April 27, 2009, 10:08:58 AM
I'm about as freaked out about it as I was about the West Nile virus, Y2K and mad cow disease. :sleep:

You forgot SARS!   :pity:

bk72

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Green71R/T

More people will die in motor vehicle collisions in the same time frame than of all flus going around.This is the medias scare story of the week.

captnsim

The fear isn't the virus in its currant form. It's when it mutates to a form we have no natural defense for. This is more likely to happen when it can infect...say a bird, then goes to a pig, them a human gets it, then say a pig again where it mutates...then you get the really deadly version that's easily passed on.
Its all about the ability to infect a wide selection of host species. Each species fights the virus in a differant way, thus changing it in a way each species immune system is unable to handle. If we lick it and it goes into remission in another species, then comes back...look out  :o

TheGhost

I'm gonna bring up the West Nile scare, the SARS scare, the Asian Bird Flu scare...
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

69bronzeT5

Just watching the news...apperentley people in the US are freaking out. Doctors and other people are hoarding that Tamaflu stuff and now there's a waiting list for it. :rotz:

1969chargerrtse

As my vote says, a little concerned. I think back to my innocent days as a child in the 60's and the thinks we have to worry about today, sucks.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

mikesbbody

The whole thing is blown out of proportion kinda like so called "Global Warming" not concerned at all.

dodgecharger-fan

Quote from: Silver R/T on April 28, 2009, 06:44:15 PM
good time to switch to veggies.

You can't get it from eating pork.

They're thinking of changing the name because of that kind of misinformation flying around.

mopar_nut_440_6

My ex wife just got back from Mexico and both her nad her husband got sick and have been put into quarantine. No big deal just like a flu!

I work in the health care system in BC and this is what was sent out to our staff.

So far, all cases in Canada (including two in BC) have been relatively mild and all those affected have recovered.  However, the situation is evolving and we should be prepared to respond appropriately as we learn more about this new virus and its characteristics.

Watch for new cases

We need to be vigilant for signs of influenza, as we are throughout the regular "flu" season.  Symptoms to watch for include:

Fever
Cough
Muscle aches
Sore throat
In some cases, vomiting and diarrhea

Swine flu will not be distinguishable from other strains of influenza unless specific testing is done.  We will ensure that health care providers are supplied with current guidelines on who to test.  At this time, we are asking physicians to test for and treat Influenza-Like Illness (ILI) as they usually would and to consult with a medical health officer in cases of Severe Respiratory Infections (SRI) that appear to be linked with the outbreak in Mexico.   

Follow established protocols

We should follow our established protocols and procedures for routine management of patients, residents and clients with respiratory illness, as outlined in our infection prevention and control manuals. These are important to protect the people in our care, and those of us who are frontline care providers. Infection control is everyone's responsibility, and can be as simple as ensuring proper hand hygiene and asking patients presenting with ILI to wear a surgical mask, as well as wearing masks ourselves while assessing them.

Please ensure that everyone in your department is aware of the situation and how to manage a potential case.

Stay healthy

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control have determined that the swine flu virus is spreading from human to human. However, at this time, they have not determined how easily it spreads or whether its characteristics change as it is transmitted. It is safe to assume that there are people with this influenza strain in NH, but at this time, we have not seen any increase in overall influenza activity.  Currently, influenza activity appears to be tapering off, as we would expect it to at this time of year.
As with any infectious disease, the following are recommended precautionary measures:
Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze.
Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it. When you cough, do so into your sleeve if possible;
Alcohol-based hand cleaners are also effective;
Stay home from work if you have ILI and ensure that your family members stay home from school and work when they are ill;
Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth, as viruses can gain access to the respiratory tract that way.

If you get sick

If you have a fever or cough, regardless of where you have travelled, stay home from work and limit contact with others. If your symptoms become worse, see a health care provider -- but call ahead of time to let them know so they can take appropriate precautions and provide appropriate advice.

More information:

Visit this page for the latest information, regularly updated by the BC government
Public can call HealthLink BC at 8-1-1, 24 hours a day/seven days a week if they have questions/concerns, or if they are feeling ill.
Learn how to protect yourself against flu at http://fightflu.ca/howdoyoufightflu-eng.html ;
The travel health notice for Mexico issued by PHAC can be found at http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/tmp-pmv/2009/influenza_mexico_090425-eng.php
The travel health notice for California and Texas issued by PHAC can be found at http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/tmp-pmv/2009/swine_flu_cal-tex-090425-eng.php
Additional information can be found at:
·         U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention at http://www.cdc.gov/swineflu/index.htm;

·         Public Health Agency of Canada http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/alert-alerte/swine_200904-eng.php ; and

·         World Health Organization:  http://www.who.int/csr/disease/swineflu/en/index.html 

1968 Charger R/T 440 

Ponch ®

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on April 28, 2009, 08:08:52 PM
As my vote says, a little concerned. I think back to my innocent days as a child in the 60's and the thinks we have to worry about today, sucks.

::)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0K_LZDXp0I

Chad L. Magee

It will occur here in the US reguardless of the precautions that we take (only a matter of time).  Granted, precautions can delay the inevitable enough that a "cure" might be found, but I would not count on that due to the nature of the viruses.  They can mutate much faster than we can diagose their mutation forms as a new flu strains.  Scientists have been working on a flu viral genetic map, so that the weaknesses of each strain can be utilized for developing medicines to stop further mutated viruses.  Tamaflu (and current flu shots) will not stop this version, only lessen the conditions and time of infection for the host.  They will not prevent the infection from occuring as this is a different viral strain than the one normally being targeted.  The best bit of advice I can give on this subject is the same as been given by many health organizations:  Wash your hands frequently, cover your mouth when you cough and keep your immune system up as much as you can before you get exposed......

Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to be a doom and gloom person on this subject.  It will more than likely follow the path of previous viral forms (1918 is a worse case situation) and go global after a give amount of time, reguardless of what we do to prevent it.  That is the nature of the beast.  Whether or not it does the damage that the news keeps spouting about has yet to be seen.....
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

Todd Wilson

Quote from: Chad L. Magee on April 29, 2009, 12:19:51 PM
It will occur here in the US reguardless of the precautions that we take (only a matter of time).  Granted, precautions can delay the inevitable enough that a "cure" might be found, but I would not count on that due to the nature of the viruses.  They can mutate much faster than we can diagose their mutation forms as a new flu strains.  Scientists have been working on a flu viral genetic map, so that the weaknesses of each strain can be utilized for developing medicines to stop further mutated viruses.  Tamaflu (and current flu shots) will not stop this version, only lessen the conditions and time of infection for the host.  They will not prevent the infection from occuring as this is a different viral strain than the one normally being targeted.  The best bit of advice I can give on this subject is the same as been given by many health organizations:  Wash your hands frequently, cover your mouth when you cough and keep your immune system up as much as you can before you get exposed......

Good ol soap and water! Takes care of a lot of problems.

Todd

69bronzeT5

My sister is going to Mexico (Cabo) on the 8th for a week....yay :rotz:

mikepmcs

My Mother sent me this today from one of my Dad's AF pilot buddies whose wife works for FEMA.

my mom's first:

This info was sent to us by a good friend whose wife works for FEMA.
So, I want to share it with my family and friends.
Have a good day.
Lucy

This is from my dad's friend:

Subject: Fwd: Swine flu update from OSHE and Health and Human Services/ Federal Occupational Health

Greetings all,
I just received this swine flu update from Peggy and I wanted to send you the update for your use in preparing for a possible serious problem in this country.  The HHS update below does not give details on where the current problem locations are, but that information will likely change rapidly over the next few days.  I recommend that you check your local news regularly to find out how serious the virus has become in your area.  Don't wait for the Government to fix this problem any time soon because I don't think pandemic prevention is covered in the gazillion dollar stimulus package.  For now, there are some actions you can take to minimize your exposure to this threat.  They are:

1)  Check with your doctor to see if you can get a prescription for the anti-virus drugs "Tamiflu" or "Relenza".  Try to beat the rush before they run out of this stuff.

2)  If you must be in crowds in a confined risk area, wear a protective dust mask.  The best kind to use is an "N95" style that has an exhale valve to make it more comfortable for extended use.  I always keep these in my workshop for use when I create mountains of sawdust.  You should be able to find them at Lowe's or Home Depot.  I order mine from Gempler's.

Good luck, and stay healthy!

Steve

From Steve's wife Peggy:

----- Forwarded Message -----
To: "Steve xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, April 29, 2009 9:51:23 AM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: FW: Swine flu update from OSHE and Health and Human Services/ Federal Occupational Health

FYI

Sent: Tuesday, April 28, 2009 4:21 PM
To: ALL FEMA EMPLOYEES A-G; ALL FEMA EMPLOYEES H-O; ALL FEMA EMPLOYEES P-Z
Subject: Swine flu update from OSHE and Health and Human Services/ Federal Occupational Health

OSHE would like to share with you a status update provided by our partners Health and Human Services/ Federal Occupational Health on the Swine Flu incident.
If you have additional questions or require assistance with this matter please contact the FEMA OSHE at FEMA-Safety-Health-ENV-DIV@fema.gov or 202-646-4213.

DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES Federal Occupational Health
FOH SWINE FLU UPDATE – APRIL 28, 2009

Outbreaks of a novel strain of swine flu have been detected in humans in several states in the United States as well as Mexico and possibly other countries prompting the US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) to declare a Public Health Emergency. The formal declaration of a Public Health Emergency (PHE) is a tool that facilitates HHS' preparation and mobilization for disasters and emergencies. For example, PHEs were recently declared for flooding in North Dakota, the Inauguration, and several 2008 hurricanes.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) along with the World Health Organization (WHO) are diligently investigating the outbreaks in various states and internationally to better understand the disease and its transmission. Federal Occupational Health (FOH) medical experts have been closely following developments of the swine flu outbreak and provide this brief summary of highlights of information released by public health officials:

What Do We Know?

·         The swine flu is a respiratory disease of pigs caused by type A influenza that regularly causes outbreaks of influenza among pigs.

·         Swine flu viruses do not normally infect humans, however, human infections with swine flu do occur mostly after direct contact with infected animals, and cases of human-to-human spread of swine flu viruses have been documented.

·         Symptoms of swine flu are nearly identical to that of regular seasonal flu – fever, sore throat, cough, muscle aches, and occasionally vomiting and diarrhea.

·         The current swine flu virus is susceptible to two known commercially available antiviral drugs (Tamiflu and Relenza).

·         As a result of the intensive investigation and monitoring by CDC and WHO, expect the numbers of cases identified to increase.

·         Cases in the United States have been relatively mild (with no deaths compared to those in Mexico) but the reason for this difference is not clear.

·         As more cases are identified, you can expect that the severity of illness may also increase.

·         Because it is so new, there is no vaccine against this swine flu and this past year's flu vaccine does not appear to provide protection against this strain.

·         The CDC is taking initial steps to begin the development of a vaccine against this strain, but a decision to do so has not been made yet. If/when that is done, it will take 4-6 months for it to become available.

·         The swine flu virus is spread from person-to-person like other flu viruses through coughing and sneezing by people infected with the virus. The virus is NOT spread by eating pork meat or products.

·         Identification as a swine flu influenza A virus requires sending a respiratory specimen to CDC for special laboratory testing.

DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES Federal Occupational Health

What Should Employers Do?

·         Review and update your pandemic plans as necessary.

·         Keep your employees informed of where they can obtain agency-specific updates.

·         Encourage employees to stay home if they are sick to avoid spreading influenza and other germs.

What Can Employees Do?

There are everyday actions that can help prevent the spread of germs that cause respiratory illnesses like influenza. Take these everyday steps to protect your health:

·         Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.

·         Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. Alcohol-based hand cleaners are also effective.

·         Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs are spread this way.

·         Avoid close contact with sick people.

·         If you get sick, stay home from work or school and limit contact with others to keep from infecting them.

·         Keep informed about agency-specific updates.

·         If you live in areas where swine influenza cases have been identified and become ill with influenza-like symptoms, including fever, body aches, runny nose, sore throat, nausea, or vomiting or diarrhea, contact your health care provider. Your health care provider will determine whether influenza testing or treatment is needed.

How Can FOH Help?

·         FOH medical consultants will follow daily updates from the CDC and other public health authorities and keep you informed of the latest updates by posting information on its website and/or sending you briefing as necessary.

·         Occupational health professionals are available on a consultative basis to assess agency risk and provide recommendations.

·         FOH health unit staff and EAP counselors are available to answer individual employee questions and concerns.

·         FOH HEALTH CENTERS DO NOT STOCK ANY ANTIVIRALS AND ARE NOT EQUIPPED TO DIAGNOSE OR TREAT SWINE FLU OR SEASONAL INFLUENZA. Nurses are not licensed to dispense these medications. Employees with signs or symptoms of influenza will be referred to their health care provider for evaluation and treatment.

Additional Resources:

For more detailed information on swine flu and updated information from the CDC go to: http://www.cdc.gov/swineflu/whatsnew.htm

Further information on international cases may be found from the World Health Organization at: http://www.who.int/csr/disease/swineflu/en/index.html

FEMA Occupational Safety, Health and Environment (OSHE) is currently working with FOH to ensure employee protection. If you have additional questions or require assistance with this matter please contact the FEMA OSHE at FEMA-Safety-Health-ENV-DIV@fema.gov or 202-646-4213.

skip68

Both of my kids were sent home with flyers from the school, regarding the flu today. My son said at his middle school some kids were wearing masks........ :scratchchin:

Mrs.Skip68 ;)
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

69bronzeT5

skip68

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on April 30, 2009, 06:18:18 PM
It's apperentley in my town now. :rotz:

"Don't kiss any Piggy's,  Cody!!!!"  :nana: :nana: :nana: :D :D :smilielol:

Mrs.Skip68 ;)

mikepmcs

If you do, make sure they are under 250 and don't let em sit on your hood.  :Twocents:

69bronzeT5

NHCharger

Cody. This news story should make you feel a little better.

http://www.latimes.com/features/health/la-sci-swine-reality30-2009apr30,0,3606923.story

I was joking at work today that with all the pigs I poked in my younger days I should be immune to this. One of my carpenter's replied, "well then I'm all set if we ever get the sheep flu". :lol:
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

mopar_nut_440_6

My ex wife just got back from Mexico and her husband has swine flu. First care in Prince George. They are at home and recovering but are quarantined !
1968 Charger R/T 440 

bigred68

Quote from: mikepmcs on April 27, 2009, 07:59:15 PM
:icon_smile_cool:

I cannot emphasis how much I love this pic!!! By the  way I've got the Ti eoneon flu!! :smilielol:
Did ya know, Kermit is the only one that can get Swine flu from a pig!! :smilielol:

Todd Wilson

Quote from: mikepmcs on April 30, 2009, 06:24:28 PM
If you do, make sure they are under 250 and don't let em sit on your hood.  :Twocents:

Or your face!   :icon_smile_tongue:

Todd

Old Moparz

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

moparstuart

Okay this is bad but....

It was once said that a Black man would be President "when pigs fly".  Indeed 100 days into Obama's Presidency......Swine flu!

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

dodgecharger-fan

Quote from: moparstuart on May 01, 2009, 11:09:21 AM

Okay this is bad but....

It was once said that a Black man would be President "when pigs fly".  Indeed 100 days into Obama's Presidency......Swine flu!

*Sends out the big hook and yanks him off stage.*

"All right folks. That's the show for tonight. Come back and see us again. We're here all week. Don't forget to tip the veal and try your waitress. G'night!"

:lol:

Brock Samson

:smilielol:  yeah, that's just horrible...
I caught some bug three weeks ago at the hospital,.. flu like, lasted five days, but i've felt great for the last week or so,.. two days ago it came back,.. i never thought Swine flu though,... i figgure it'll last another three or four days...
Cody brainstorms daily on what topics to post next,.. huh Cody?..  :D
throw one out there,.. no research, no links,.. no good info anyone we can use?.. Just throw it out there and see what will stick?..  :cheers: good goin'.  :lol:

Todd Wilson

Quote from: moparstuart on May 01, 2009, 11:09:21 AM

Okay this is bad but....

HAHAHA!

mopar_nut_440_6

As the H1N1 influenza situation has evolved over the past week, Northern Health has been working with other British Columbia health authorities, the BC Centre for Disease Control, and the Public Health Agency of Canada, among other partners to develop information resources for health authority staff and the public.

Please visit the following internal and external links for the latest information. Feel free to print and distribute information where appropriate among your colleagues, or members of the public seeking more information.

NH Employees: The Northern Health iPortal (http://iportal.northernhealth.ca/Pages/Default.aspx) contains a wealth of information on H1N1 for health sector staff, including answers to Frequently Asked Questions in our NH Swine Flu Fact Sheet. Please feel free to save and print a copy for yourself and others in your program area.

Other NH and clinical resources on the iPortal site include:

Interim Guidance for Clinicians in Ambulatory Care settings
Interim Guidance for Public Health Response
Interim Guidance: Infection Prevention and Control measures for health care workers in Acute Care facilities
Northern Health policies around the Pandemic Influenza Plan
NH patients, residents and the public: The Northern Health website (www.northernhealth.ca ) also contains regularly updated information on surveillance and response to the H1N1 outbreak, including a Ministry of Health information bulletin with answers to Frequently Asked Questions. Please feel free to print the latest version of the information bulletin for members of the public seeking more information.

1968 Charger R/T 440 

myk

Worried? Nah.  There're a couple of reported cases at San Diego State, but considering how fast and loose the girls are there we should be worried more about STD's...

Ponch ®