News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

sealer primer, top coat

Started by mopar0166, April 29, 2009, 12:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopar0166

i have a bit of an issue, as more time is going by with crappy weather in my forcast and only 15 days to have the car ready to take to Maryland, i need to know my best route

here's what i have done so far, i used the DuPont nason system, which worked awesone. i sprayed a 1 medium coat of etch primer then 4-5 coats of filler primer.  i am in the process of sanding but have noticed a couple low spots i am going to use glaze on.   my question is should i just use a sealer coat on the primer so i can take it down to cruizin or should i try to get it sprayed with my color.   the other factor is the weather, looks like off and on showers from Friday till next weekend?

what can the experienced guys recommend?   what humidity is to high to spray in a garage as well?    :shruggy:

Charger-Bodie

Not following...What is your question?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

mopar0166

i have about ten days left,  i wanted to put color on the car or seal it so that if it rains while im in maryland i dont mess up the what i have already applied.      i dunno what i can spray in my garage if it is damp wet etc,the forcast fo rmy area right now calls for on and off showers , so i was thinking that humidity would be a factor?   

Im just at a stand still right now becuase what i had planned doesnt look like it will work in my time frame?

Charger-Bodie

Can you leave it at the point its at and just run a dehumidifier in the shed?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

mopar0166

i think i might just risk driving it to the paint shop monday afternoon