News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1968 Charger Restoration - 1970Moparmann

Started by 1970Moparmann, April 26, 2009, 10:52:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Rolling_Thunder

awesome!   I like the stripes...   looks like the opposite of mine!   :rofl:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

1970Moparmann

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on May 12, 2009, 10:59:53 PM

Thanks!  The stripe really doesn't stick out like the picture shows. The black paint was mixed with some silver metal flake to give this affect.  In normal light, it doesn't stick out as much.  I still like how it turned out! :2thumbs:

mopar_nut_440_6

Damn, you are making great time. I thought I was doing pretty good!! Looks great!  :2thumbs:
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

Charger-Bodie

I REALLY like it!! But, Im gonna have to paint my black 68 a differant color if people dont quit building more and more black ones. We will all have the same Charger before you know it.

The thing is though, They just look so Dang Awesome in black!!  :2thumbs:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

1970Moparmann

Quote from: 1hot68 on May 13, 2009, 07:52:23 AM
I REALLY like it!! But, Im gonna have to paint my black 68 a differant color if people dont quit building more and more black ones. We will all have the same Charger before you know it.

I agree.  I was thinking :scratchchin: the same thing, but said F-it.   :2thumbs: I'm not going to like keeping it spotless though. :o

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on May 13, 2009, 07:55:53 AM
Quote from: 1hot68 on May 13, 2009, 07:52:23 AM

I agree.  I was thinking :scratchchin: the same thing, but said F-it.   :2thumbs: I'm not going to like keeping it spotless though. :o

Yes! I can assure you that, that is a constant battle.......I drove my Charger around town a couple weekends ago and I had to dust that thing like 10 times!!  :brickwall: And the more you dust it off the static you create ! Its a never ending cycle!!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

69*F5*SE

FlatbackFanatic

Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

Finn

:o lol!

Check this out; this is my 68 when it was in the paint booth:

I dont think I need to tell you I like the colors you picked hahaha. :2thumbs:
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

tan top

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on May 12, 2009, 11:05:03 PM
Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on May 12, 2009, 10:59:53 PM

Thanks!  The stripe really doesn't stick out like the picture shows. The black paint was mixed with some silver metal flake to give this affect.  In normal light, it doesn't stick out as much.  I still like how it turned out! :2thumbs:

looks real good ... silver flake in it  :yesnod:  thought it look grayish black  :coolgleamA:
awesome stuff , can't wait to see it built up & a picture out side  :drool5: :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

BLUE68RT4ME

I love it!  I agree with you guys, black is just SO nice on these cars.  I thought about changing mine but because it's nearly a complete #'s matching R/T I decided I'll keep it QQ1 when we get to paint... which isn't all that bad.  Just can't wait to see it painted.  The old QQ1 was so faded I'm not sure, even after hours/days/weeks of buffing that thing, that I ever REALLY got to see true QQ1.

Your car's looking amazing, can't wait until it's complete!   :2thumbs:
Mark Schultz
"BLUE68RT4ME"

bull

I wouldn't worry about there being too many black Chargers. How many other Chargers do you see in a day, let alone black ones? Car shows might be a different story but when you're driving down the street the black ones really pop.

Anyway, I ahve a question for you. Was your car undercoated from the factory. If so, how did you go about restoring the underside like you did?

keepat

Mike,
Looks great & the black on a 68 is awesome!
Pat

1970Moparmann

Quote from: Finn on May 13, 2009, 02:36:06 PM
:o lol!

Check this out; this is my 68 when it was in the paint booth:

I dont think I need to tell you I like the colors you picked hahaha. :2thumbs:

Looks awesome :2thumbs: Where's more pictures? :popcrn: :drool5:

1970Moparmann

Thanks for all the comments guys...... :2thumbs:

firefighter3931

Nice paintwork Mike !  :drool5: Seems like Black 68's with ghost stripes are all the rage !  :icon_smile_big:

Sure glad i went with a red tail stripe on my 3X black 68 !  ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

1970Moparmann

Ron, very nice.  I wish this website allowed users to post pictures of their cars in a profile....  Is there a link to more pictures of your cars?  I'm kind of partial to Chargers though.. :scratchchin: :2thumbs:

Ryan

Very nice looking. My 69 is 3x black, I cant think of any other color I would rather have on a charger. I will be starting my 68 sometime this year and I was actually thinking of doing it black with a silver stripe.

Funny thing is though everytime I go to a car show, if there is a charger there it usually isnt black.
69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA

1970Moparmann

Boy does it take a lot of time to wet sand and buff black!!!!  It turned out awesome though :2thumbs:

69*F5*SE

Wow, that looks great. Fantastic job  :2thumbs:

mopar_nut_440_6

1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

Long Island RT

Sweet job  :drool5:

I too am partial to absence of all color....  BLACK
1969 Dodge Charger RT Restomod<br />Triple Black, 512 stroker, Tremec TKO600 5-speed<br />2005 Dodge Magnum RT - Brilliant Black - Lowered

Hemidog

426HemiCharger

What I never unerstood about stripes is why Dodge but black stripes on black '71 Chargers. 

Love that black paint, just too tricky for me :hah:
------------------------Cars I have now----------------------------
1969 Charger R/T
1998 Ford Econoline 150
2002 Hyundai Elantra GLS
-----------------------Cars I wish I had----------------------------
1969 Charger R/T 4-Speed or Hemi Clone
1970 Charger R/T Hemi Clone
1970  Dodge Polara IL State Police Car
---------------------------Future Posibilities------------------------
2010 or later Ford Fusion Hybrid (Replaces 2002 Hyundai)