News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1997 Ford Truck Spring Hanger Replacement? [[UPDATE: ITS FIXED!]]

Started by WingCharger, April 14, 2009, 03:02:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WingCharger

I know this isn't a a mopar, but I don't know where else to ask. :icon_smile_blackeye:

We have a '97 Ford F-350 Long Bed with a PowerStroke. The rear spring hanger is rusted out. Any tips for a change?

Tilar

Those parts are relatively cheap to buy at the dealership. And It's really not a bad job. I've replaced them on a few trucks I've had. Take a hot wrench and torch the head of the rivots, Big punch to drive what is left of the rivot out of the frame. Replace the new spring hanger with grade 8 bolts. An hour a side should be about tops.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

WingCharger

Well, we were loading some round bales on a trailer today, an SNAP! the shackle broke! :o
The leaf is now pushing up against the bottom of the bed! Time for a replacement. :cheers:

69bronzeT5

My dad's '91 Bronco has the same problem. He temporarly fixed it. He dosen't drive it that much to worry about it.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

WingCharger

Well, we got it fixed. :cheers: Wasn't that bad other than getting the bolts through the frame rail to behind the hanger. Just a time consumer. :cheers: :cheers:

Tilar

It's not a bad job. And now that you've done it once, you could do it a second time a lot faster.  :yesnod:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.