News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

EBAY MOTORS SUCKS

Started by nitrousn, April 25, 2009, 10:16:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nitrousn

The new e-bay motors just plain sucks. Horrible search and slow as heck. If you agree take a minute and click on the link and tell them so. Pass it on.

http://forums.ebay.com/db1/topic/Ebay-Motors/New-Ebay-Motors/510083932

captnsim

EBay in general sucks now. Between the fees, and slow performance...its getting hard to do business their. I talked to a rep about it when they called to go over my new EBay store upgrade that's coming out (yay  :-\ ) and she said "she would make a note about "my" slow computer." I said, "No...make a note that ALL your new upgrades are slow and counterproductive." She ignores me and goes on to say, "If I'm having trouble with the new version she would be happy to go over the new features with me." I got to say at this point I'm thinking, "Wow she has no clue I've been reading the tons of complaints on EBay's forum looking for a answer to the slow preformance of the site and seen this same responce from EBay their." So I tell her, "No, the new upgraded features are fine, easy to understand, and use...just loading the pages to use them takes forever." So after this she ends the call by telling me, "Thanks for using EBay and if their is anything they can do for me...Just call." I couldn't believe she just blew me off like that.
So your not going to get them to change it. It's a site wide upgrade done in sections.
I think the reason it was done and why its so slow is all the advertising info they are pulling from people who use the site. Way back you never had all the ads on EBay. Now everything is about the products that can be sold via ads on the page...selected for you by your use of the site.
Which reminds me...Troy, This site is the greatest and thank you for not having a circus of ads here.         

A383Wing

Yea...ebay sucks in general....there are times it's real slow...every time I complain, I always get the "computer generated" apology letter....word for word every time

......and yea, thanks for not having tons of ads on here...but I think we are the circus...agree?

Troy

It's not the ads - it's the design/personalization (and a bit due to the sheer number of users). The search is more likely a complexity problem now that they aren't using the end date for primary sorting. Any time you have a large amount of customization/personalization a web site will be slow for users. There are a lot of "features" that I could turn on here but all of them have a negative performance impact.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Chargerrtforme

I agree a 100% ebay motors is super slow.  I thought it was my computer?  Guess not.

Mopar440+6

They have been told time and time again that the "New eBay Motors" is pointless and unnecessary but they refuse to listen to their customers. They are simply trying to dumb it down to get more users and they failed. They are more than likely going to lose more than they will gain. I for one am ready to delete my account completely including PayPal and other eBay related accounts....
"If you cant fix it with a wrench, get a hammer. If that doesn't work, get a bigger hammer!"

JT01

I hate it I want the old version back

Tilar

Same here. You used to search for 383 parts and include dodge, chrysler and plymouth, Now you can't and you get Chevy 383's included in your searches.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Chatt69chgr

I agree.  The new version sucks.  I sent them an e-mail complaining and saying I wanted the old EBAY motors back.  They sent me a form letter telling me how great the new EBAY motors is.  They tried to make the thing look like Edmunds or something like that.  Should have left well enough alone.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

They are so big now that they won't listen to anything except $$ signs.  If they see that they are losing money due to the change, they will change it back. O/W, it won't be changed.  Scumbags!