News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need opinions.....

Started by paulgrr63, April 25, 2009, 07:21:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulgrr63

I'm about to give up. My Charger turns of then back on every time I accelerate. Sometimes when it does it when I'm turning but runs fine when its wide open. I replaced the gas tank, pickup, fuel filter(3 times), fuel pump and carb. The first time I replaced the fuel filter it ran like a beauty for about 5 minutes then it shut down. I'm out of ideas. Need help. Thanks.

captnsim

Inspect your accelerator pump...

Tilar

I'd probably have put this in "General Q&A" but to me it could either be the accelerator pump as was mentioned, or it could be the distributer advance froze up. Since it runs ok going straight and wide open, I'm going to say that it is not a fuel issue.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

paulgrr63

Quote from: Tilar on April 25, 2009, 07:40:12 PM
I'd probably have put this in "General Q&A" but to me it could either be the accelerator pump as was mentioned, or it could be the distributer advance froze up. Since it runs ok going straight and wide open, I'm going to say that it is not a fuel issue.

Sorry. I am still fairly new to these forums :yesnod: I will checkout the accelerator pump and let you know what I find. Thanks for the help :cheers: