News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The good and bad of prices

Started by 1970Moparmann, April 24, 2009, 09:12:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1970Moparmann

Wow, if someone is in the market for a project, there sure are a ton out for sale!  Check out Moparts..... Check Craigslist......  Ebay, here and there with deals....  I'm sinking too much money in my 68 project, and have another one in storage waiting, but just found a good 69 Charger by my house for $5k!  Looking on Moparts just now, I found at least 10 very reasonable cars.  69 Charger RT with a ton of options in Milwaukee for $6k.  Man, I remember searching for my first Charger back in 1989 and found a 70 RT for $10k.  I guess it's good and bad.  The good part is prices are realistic for people getting into muscle cars and restoration projects.  Bad news for those that are seeing everything in their lives sinking in value.......  :cheers:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

wayfast1500

I think as obamas new bills go in effect our cars will skyrocket in value.  Sad part is it's easier for people to buy these old cars just so they can rot in their yard and the owner can say they own one.

mopar_nut_440_6

Buying the car is the cheap part. Restoring the car is the expensive part even if you are doing the job yourself. This is especially true for us north of the border! It is still difficult to resist the temptation though!
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

69_500

Quote from: wayfast1500 on April 24, 2009, 11:17:15 PM
I think as obamas new bills go in effect our cars will skyrocket in value.  Sad part is it's easier for people to buy these old cars just so they can rot in their yard and the owner can say they own one.

Are you kidding? You think obama's plans will effect the value of these cars in a positive light? Hmmm.  :brickwall:

mikepmcs

Don't go politics fellas. She'll be locked up quick :dancinglock:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Mike DC

Maybe we should ask Obama to put more recoverable light crude oil in the earth for us.  That sounds much better than raising the CAFE rules to try to hold pump prices down. 

41husk

Quote from: mopar_nut_440_6 on April 24, 2009, 11:35:28 PM
Buying the car is the cheap part. Restoring the car is the expensive part even if you are doing the job yourself. This is especially true for us north of the border! It is still difficult to resist the temptation though!
That is very true.  I would suggest you get the car as finished as you can possibly afford, I have refurbished, I would not call it restored they are all very nice drivers.  I doubt I could get out of any of them what I have in them, I could probably get close with the vert Challenger but who knows :shruggy:  Even at this years BJ auction many cars went for much less than the cost of restoration :Twocents:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

elanmars

I just want a good driver 68/69 with no rust. I keep finding just projects or RT's and I don't have the time to learn to put a car together! I just want a simple, small block 2nd gen dammit haha.
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography