News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Paintless dent repair!?

Started by RECHRGD, April 24, 2009, 05:41:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RECHRGD

Has anybody had any luck/experience with this method of dent repair? it seems that a lot of places are now advertising it.  I have a new dent in the hood from the air cleaner wing nut.  Don't ask!!! :flame:    Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

paironines

I had an 04 Accord coupe that was damaged in a hailstorm. It was a dark graphite color and I thought yeah right, PD repair isn't going to work, but the car turned out flawless. 

mikepmcs

Sorry about your troubles Bob.  I know how you feel.
Anyone ever hear of the electronic method and anyone close by in the Northeast that does this method of PDR. 
It started for use on Aircraft.

I have what appears to be factory flaws in the Chally that I would like to have massaged out.  I will not pull and paint them myself.  I'd like to keep this car free of any unnecessary work.  The one on the driver's side appears to be a factory dimple because I just saw an 09 with the exact same dimple in the same place.  That was one heck of a coincidence. Hard to see but it is there. on the upper part of the qtr about a foot from the gas lid towards the rear.  The one on the pass side upper qtr appears to be a very shallow hand print by someone at the VA parking lot within the last couple weeks.  Nobody notices this stuff but me, but they drive me crazy and my new stripes won't go back that far. :lol:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Charger-Bodie

Paintless dent repair ,If performed by a really good technician is an amazing repair.Just make sure you get a good one,cause just like conventional body repair some guys are just plain hacks!

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

mikepmcs

And that is why i'm afraid to call the guy that does it down south maine.  he talks himself up pretty good but the pics on his site are typical.  close up of the ding, then far away shot on the repair. that's a warning sign to me right there.  here, look for yourself.   

http://www.instantdentrepair.com/photogallery.html

it's not like he can come right up here for me to check out his work either, he's a good 1.5-2 hours south of me.

ok, back to struggling with the coronet in the garage. :rotz:

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

1970Moparmann

I have some experience with this.  As what was said, if you find a guy that is amazing at this, go for it.  My 68 Dart GT Convertible I had came to me with a lot of dings and a small dent in it.  The PDR guy that I use, did an amazing job on it and did wonders.  My 70 Charger received a door ding from my lovely wife due to my crappy small garage, and when he removed this ding, can't even tell.   Since cars now-a-days have thin crappy metal on them, it's pretty easy to get the dings out with a PDR guy.  On our older cars, the metal obviously is much thicker, so it becomes more of a challenge in getting it out without damaging the paint.  The guy I use is awesome, and get's paid a lot of money to do what he does.

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!