News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

my 68 is painted!!!

Started by charge-it, April 22, 2009, 09:24:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aone415

This Charger right here is a one of none, that means none before it, none to come.

charge-it

Quote from: 69*F5*SE on April 23, 2009, 03:09:58 PM
Who restored the grille?
I did it myself. I have about 125 hours into it.
Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

mopar73

Sweet looking ride, gotta love black :2thumbs:

bk72

dukeboy320

Massively Over Powerd And Respected

hemi-hampton

125 hours in grill X$50 a hour comes out to $6,250. :scratchchin: Expensive grill if you gotta pay somebody :scratchchin: LEON.

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

BLUE68RT4ME

That Charger is beautiful and inspiring!   :2thumbs:  So, you've had a run-in with Frankie-boy too, or are you referring to the thread I started about him?   :icon_smile_big:
Mark Schultz
"BLUE68RT4ME"

charge-it

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on April 23, 2009, 08:32:34 PM
Quote from: charge-it on April 23, 2009, 05:22:14 PM
Quote from: 69*F5*SE on April 23, 2009, 03:09:58 PM
Who restored the grille?
I did it myself. I have about 125 hours into it.

Holly crap! :o
that is removing it from the car. Refinishing it, and reinstalling it. The grill didn't have any breaks or cracks. I cleaned it, repainted it, (lots of work masking it) new emblems, all new surround trim from Gunslinger, and a 100% complete and correct grill mounting hardware kit from om @ R/T Specialties. I will get some better pics when the car is able to be moved outside. The black paint is so nice it makes it hard to take good pics because like a mirror, it reflects everything. Got the windshield trim, rear window trim, new tail lights from Mike at BE&A installed and they are absolutlely perfect! All the tail trim is installed and that all came from Peter at PG CLASSICS/ (Mikes, partner/supplier). Still have all the side glass, mirrors, door handles, rail, door, and trunk gaskets to install.  On the interior the carpet, console, the front and rear seats, kick panels, door panels, armrests, seat belts, and window/door handles need to be installed.The parts need list is shrinking. I still need a trunk matt, some new 14 tires, and maybe a few other misc doo dads. Hoping to have it finished by the first week of June or sooner if possible. Nex year it gets a set of magnum 500's and a matte black tail stripe. this year it will wear a set of 14" rubber and a set of nos hubcaps. This is my last full resto and my keeper. If I get bored than maybe I will start the long and slowprocess of collecting the parts needed to build a good old 426 Hemi. That would be cheaper than building another car that's for sure. A good start and inspiration would be the two HEMI door emblems...
Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

SnoPro440

Nice!  I can't wait to see more pics!  :2thumbs:
2008 Viper SRT-10
1968 Charger R/T
2019 Rubicon JLU