News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

saw chris cornell live in concert last night

Started by moparstuart, April 23, 2009, 09:15:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

live at harrah's voodoo lounge kansas city

this was an amazing show , He gets up there and sings at the top of his lungs for 2 1/2 hours .  He has some great vocal range 4 octaves .  GREAT SHOW .

they had an opening band out of LA called crash kings , they were ok but did a great cover or WAR PIGS   
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Ponch ®

Does he do any Soundgarden stuff? He's one of the best rock singers (if not the best) in the last 20 years or so, IMHO. His solo stuff doesn't do much for me (there are a couple of decent songs in his first post-'garden record and the song he did for the James Bond movie was pretty good).
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

moparstuart

I concert the solo stuff is really good cause he rocks it out , but the solo albums suck .
yes he does tons of sound garden and audio slave .  His bad can really rock the sound garden stuff.
But his two lead guitarests are no match for the musicians in RAGE   :Twocents: :Twocents:   

Mike DC

Cornell & Soundgarden was some of the most under-appreciated stuff in the early/mid 1990s.  Nirvana & Pearl Jam weren't the only decent stuff on the radio in that era. 

Ponch ®

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on April 23, 2009, 04:13:42 PM
Cornell & Soundgarden was some of the most under-appreciated stuff in the early/mid 1990s.  Nirvana & Pearl Jam weren't the only decent stuff on the radio in that era. 

I'd go as far as as (cautiously) saying that they were probably the best of those three. Maybe not the most influential or "appreciated", as you put it, but with more longevity. I'm always talking about how I outgrew Nirvana, and I also outgrew PJ. But Soundgarden never sounds dated to me.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

moparstuart

Quote from: Ponch ® on April 23, 2009, 04:40:23 PM

I would say that they were probably the best of those three. Maybe not the most influential or "appreciated", as you put it. I'm always talking about how I outgrew Nirvana, and I also outgrew PJ. But Soundgarden never sounds dated to me.
I totally agree

Ponch ®

Quote from: moparstuart on April 23, 2009, 04:41:14 PM

I would say that they were probably the best of those three. Maybe not the most influential or "appreciated", as you put it. I'm always talking about how I outgrew Nirvana, and I also outgrew PJ. But Soundgarden never sounds dated to me.
I totally agree

On second thought, I need make a slight modification to that statement. Soundgarden AND Alice In Chains were the two best bands to come out of that scene. Man, can't believe I forgot about AIC....

moparstuart

Quote from: Ponch ® on April 23, 2009, 04:48:01 PM

I totally agree

On second thought, I need make a slight modification to that statement. Soundgarden AND Alice In Chains were the two best bands to come out of that scene. Man, can't believe I forgot about AIC....
chris would like to forget both of those groups manager       :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

his new justin timberlakes style album sucks but has a  "bitch " song on it 

mikepmcs

Quote from: Ponch ® on April 23, 2009, 04:48:01 PM

I totally agree

concur with all of the above.   :2thumbs:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?