News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Your opinion: stock upper control arms vs. Firm Feel tubular

Started by bull, April 23, 2009, 11:34:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yeahmate

heres my suspension upgrade, i went for a lot of firmfeel stuff, not long had it back on the road and i'm more than happy with the high speed stability and the flat out cornering, on like roundabouts. can't even get a howl out of the tyres. 
with the wife bouncing off from the arm rest and my shoulder and back, the next job is to get some decent bucket seats the original just don't cut it. back on topic, with the ff uca i got 6.3 +ve degrees and 1/2-ve degree of negative camber

freddyd02

So i see this thread was started two years ago but did you end up with the firm feel arms? I just ordered them and wanted to know what ya thought of them

bull

Quote from: freddyd02 on April 18, 2011, 08:36:49 PM
So i see this thread was started two years ago but did you end up with the firm feel arms? I just ordered them and wanted to know what ya thought of them

Not sure if you're asking me but I ended up going mostly stock other than I reinforced the LCAs and Firm Feel reinforced the k-frame. I also upgraded the shocks to Edelbrock IAS, used polyurathane sway bar bushings and again from Firm got the .94 torsion bars and had them rebuild my steering box to a Stage 2. I also got some adjustable strut rods and will be getting a rear sway bar.

Musicman

If I were to go with Tubular Uppers, it seems to me that I would use the Hoitchkis design... since they are the only ones (that I have seen anyway) that actually change and correct the plane of angle at the attachment point. The rest of them are just tubular versions of the original with a little added caster, in which case I would just work with the originals.
:Twocents: