News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What to do....

Started by Cole317, April 21, 2009, 10:14:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cole317

Hey guys, I would really appreciate some help on this. I'm currently building a 73 charger, and I'm stuck on what to do. So I have some questions.
I'd really like something that is
-Looks like an old grand touring/trans am car (like the Olympia Charger), and be able to corner  :coolgleamA:
-Run somewhere in the 11's or lower if that's even possible
-BE ABLE TO DRIVE ON THE STREET! so A/C (I could care less about noise, the louder the better imo)
So what I'm thinking is caging it, mini tub, suspension, brakes, yank interior and just put in two buckets w/ 5pt harnesses.
So my question is; is this even realistic? I mean, money actually has to come into play at one point. So what motor? rebuilt 440, new wedge, etc?  what kind of suspension, trans, gears, and yeah...
sorry i sound so clueless and demanding, but could anyone point me in the way of an ideal set up along these lines?
Thanks guys so much, I really appreciate any help!

skip68

Welcome to the site Cole317.   :cheers:   The best bet is to go to the performance section and ask for some help.   There are several guys here that can help you out.     :cheers:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Cole317

Ok thanks! I'll delete this, I just want to make sure you read this post so I dont sound rude that I just go on.....  :2thumbs:

Khyron

Quote from: Cole317 on April 21, 2009, 10:14:09 PM
-Run somewhere in the 11's or lower if that's even possible
-BE ABLE TO DRIVE ON THE STREET! so A/C (I could care less about noise, the louder the better imo)

umm, You may want to consider making the car lighter to get those numbers, Power anything ... gone... A/C ... gone...

Good luck on your project... May you speed be high and your wallet be plentiful  :icon_smile_big:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

captnsim

Yup nothing makes speed like cubic inch's...that where in your wallet.  :rofl:
Welcome to the site :yesnod: and post some pics of your ride...  :cheers:

Cole317

Alright guys thanks, I got it posted up in the charger picture thread.
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,6.2980.html

captnsim

Nice looking start  :yesnod: Keep us posted  :2thumbs:

mopar_nut_440_6

Welcome to the site.

You will be able to run in the 11's without removing all the amenities if you put in a stroker. 500 brake horsepower will get you there. I have an old school stroker that ran 11.43 in a 4000 lb Charger with ported iron heads (906,s) through stock exhaust manifiolds and full exhaust. The new strokers are much better than this and much cheaper and easier to build now as the parts are readily available.
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

TheGhost

Quote from: Khyron on April 21, 2009, 10:25:02 PMMay you speed be high and your wallet be plentiful  :icon_smile_big:

I think both of those things are mutually exclusive there, Khyron...
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Cole317 on April 21, 2009, 10:22:22 PM
Ok thanks! I'll delete this, I just want to make sure you read this post so I dont sound rude that I just go on.....  :2thumbs:
Welcome to the site, and there is no way to delete.  There was at one time, but there is no more.  :shruggy:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

69*F5*SE

Fitz73Chrgr

Welcome to the site!

I vote go with a small block & a power adder!  :Twocents:
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

Rolling_Thunder

give me your car and $35K - you'll get it back and it will meet all your criteria   :2thumbs:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip