News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Front Wheel Offset for AlterKtion

Started by ptcharger, April 21, 2009, 01:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ptcharger

Anyone running 18in wheels up front with an AlterKtion set up on a 68-70 Charger?  Need to know what offset you are running.  Taking a lot of measurements to make sure, but thought I would post up and see if anyone has already done this.  Pics would be great as well!  :icon_smile_big:

GT

You need to know your wheels, brakes, and wheel width to get it right.  In my case, I'm using Forgelines 18x8 on the front with Willwood 14" rotors.  The Alterkation, with the Wilwoods, adds about .25" per side additional track width over stock - not much.
My wheels have 5.2" BS and have plenty of clearance.   Folks have ran between 4.75 and 5.00 with 8" wide rims with no problems.

Here are some pics:
1970 Dodge Charger ==> V10
2012 Charger SRT8

ptcharger

GT,

Car looks great!  Thanks for the info.  Looks like you've got the same setup as mine; AlterK with 14in Wilwoods.  I would like to run as wide a wheel as possible without running into problems.  Looks like a 8in may be the way to go but sure would be cool if I could fit a 9in.  You think you have enough room to do this?  Will probably be going with Forgelines as well.  Looking at the ST3P's with gun metal centers, chrome or polished outers.

Thanks again for your response!  This forum is great.

GT

You should be able to fit in 9" with the 18" diameter wheels (critical dimension would be the tie rod hitting the wheel - should be okay with the 18").   If I spec'd for a 9", I'd have to go with 4.2" BS to keep the same exposure on the outside of the wheel.

Again, you really need to know what wheel you want to use as this can affect things (e.g. hub thickness on the Forgelines is quite thick).

Call Bill Rielly at RMS and ask his opinion...

Oh yeah, I asked "Norway Charger" about his setup - I believe he had 17x8" on the fronts with an Alterkation and I believe 4.5BS.  Not sure which wheels he used.
2012 Charger SRT8

GT

One more thing - if you are thinking about going with Forgelines, you should give Frank Serafine at Prodigy a call - he can hook you up on some pretty good deals and knows the brakes/etc. well.   With the 3 piece Forgelines, you are going to need to know a number of critical dimensions (hub depth and diameter, etc.).  Frank has this information.  He posts on Lateral-g.net all the time (think he owns the forum).  Also owns/posts on www.gpsuperstore.com.

If you go the forgeline/wilwood combination, there are a couple of things to watch for - nothing big, but with custom stuff you can have some adjustments to make.  See my issues/resolutions at: http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=18171
2012 Charger SRT8

ptcharger

Great stuff!  Thanks a lot GT.  :cheers:

I'll post up pics once I get it all figured out.