News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Obscure Kit Cars and Magnum Race Cars, Oh My !!!

Started by Aero426, April 20, 2009, 10:33:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aero426

Some choice and rare pics you are sure to enjoy.  These are all USAC series cars, from from the mile dirt at Duquoin Illinois in 1978.  All the Magnums are rebodied from older Chargers/Runners.  Pics are copyright Mike Dunn collection.   Enjoy.

#34 Bob Brevak - this car exists today in its original Charger sheet metal. 

#9 Steve Drake - Bloomington IL

Sal Tovella - Chicago IL.  This is an old Nichels built car originally run by Norm Nelson/Roger McCluskey as a Road Runner with much success.  Sal was a very good independent driver who came into his own when the factories left.

OK, not a Mopar, but Jack Bowsher from Springfield Ohio was the Ford factory car in the glory days of USAC.  Now a few years later, Jack's hanging it out a bit.  Nice shot.

Also from Keokuk Iowa, 1975 USAC stock car champ Ramo Stott in his Volare Kit Car.

#27 Ken Rowley, Bloomington IL

Ernie Derr's brand new Aspen Kit Car in a rare asphalt appearance at the Milwaukee Mile, 1976.

George Giesen, Neenah WI,  Milwaukee Mile 1976.  George is still around driving a Legends car.

WingCharger

Those are some sweet pics. Not to often you see later mopars on the track. :2thumbs: :coolgleamA:

bigred68

I love those old racecar pics. Thank you. I'll bet even pics of the cars sitting inthe parking lots would look kinda' neat! Thank you!
:cheers:

Ghoste

More than a couple of known names there too.  Thanks Doug those are pretty cool.

BIRD67

I WANT THEM!!! I love the Magnums/Cordobas/Chargers and the Aspen/Volares!!! :2thumbs:
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign. -Number 6, The Prisoner

R.I.P. Matthew Fraser 4/30/10

TruckDriver

Awsome pics Doug! :cheers:

To bad you dont have one of the Jim Cushman #8 kit car. I built a model of that car back in the late '70s with another kit that was out there at the time. The other one was a red and white kit car (don't remember the number though).
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Charger666

Those are wicked pics man! Thanks for sharing.  :icon_smile_big:  :drool5:

Aero426

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on April 21, 2009, 09:55:56 AM

To bad you dont have one of the Jim Cushman #8 kit car. I built a model of that car back in the late '70s with another kit that was out there at the time. The other one was a red and white kit car (don't remember the number though).

Thanks...

I have a blurry instamatic photo of the Cushman car I took through the fence at Milwaukee.    The red and white kit car I remember was  #71, Arnie Christen.  It was either an Aspen or Dart Sport and was painted kind of like a K & K Insurance car.  Again, I think I have a blurry pic of that one.

Brock Samson

Left click - "save"...  :2thumbs:
Amazing how those front radiused wheel wells git me all worked up...  :scratchchin:

FlatbackFanatic

Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

TruckDriver

Quote from: DougSchellinger on April 21, 2009, 10:11:57 AM
Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on April 21, 2009, 09:55:56 AM

Thanks...

I have a blurry instamatic photo of the Cushman car I took through the fence at Milwaukee.    The red and white kit car I remember was  #71, Arnie Christen.  It was either an Aspen or Dart Sport and was painted kind of like a K & K Insurance car.  Again, I think I have a blurry pic of that one.

Yup, your right, it was a Dart Sport (the red/white car)
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

mauve66

Quote from: Brock Samson on April 21, 2009, 10:59:52 AM
L front radiused  git me all worked up...  :scratchchin:

a good large front radius gets me worked up also................ oh wait, your talking about cars here
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

odcics2

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?