News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

BB fuel pump rods all the same?

Started by 375instroke, April 19, 2009, 12:01:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

375instroke

The clown that had my car installed a cheap ass electric fuel pump, along with ditching the vapor separator, installing an Edelbrock carb, and ditching the original.  WTF.  I've seen one BB with a flat fuel pump eccentric.  I guess I could have one, too.  I have a 400 fuel pump rod.  Is it the same as a 440?  I'll shove it in the hole and see if it moves when I crank the motor.  Are 440 HP fuel pumps different?  I've looked on line and they say 5/16" inlet.  Should it be 3/8"?

mauve66

the rod is the same, the pumps are all interchangeable unless you need a larger one for 600 hp or something, but they won't be "correct" for all years/all BB if thats important to you
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

maxwellwedge

Up to '69, 440HP's used the 5/16" fuel line from the tank sender (even though the sender was 3/8") to the fuel pump. In '70 they went to a 3/8" fuel line to the pump.

firefighter3931

The fuel pump rods are the same for all BB engines....should measure 3.25in long.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs