News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

anyone ever have this toy when they were a kid ? SSP ? 1972 HASBRO OLD GLORY

Started by rav440, April 19, 2009, 05:21:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rav440

that is if you were a kid in the early 70s  ;D
i bought this yesterday at a flea market because i thought it was neet . it kinda looks like a CHARGER from OZ . ive been trying to find out what it is or what its called other than just "OLD GLORY " it is like the KENNER SSP but instead of a ZIP CORD you shift thru the gears then hit 4th gear and off it goes .

thanks RANDY  :2thumbs:
1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

captnsim

rav440

Quote from: captnsim on April 19, 2009, 05:34:12 PM
Thats a Hasbro Stick Shifter. Cool as hell. No track...just bang the gears and gooooo...
http://www.bigredtoybox.com/cgi-bin/toynfo.pl?stickindex

:2thumbs: thanks  :2thumbs: what did you use for a search ? i typed in everything i could think of on google and didnt come up with anything ?

:cheers: i owe you a beer  :cheers:

rav440

Quote from: captnsim on April 19, 2009, 06:18:44 PM
Hasbro car with shifter...

:brickwall: THAT I DID NOT USE  :brickwall: i used hasbro shifter but came up with ZIP  :brickwall:

thanks again  :cheers:

rp23g7

I had those SST's, the cars with the toothed plastic pull thing, with the one wheel in the center to make it go.

72chargerSE

mopar_nut_440_6

Quote from: rp23g7 on May 12, 2009, 03:56:33 PM
I had those SST's, the cars with the toothed plastic pull thing, with the one wheel in the center to make it go.

Me Too! I loved those things!
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

69*F5*SE

The SSP's made a comeback several years ago but, they weren't a hit like they were when the originals came out.  I still have 2 Cox gas engine Eliminator II dragsters from the late 60's and early 70's.  They are and were very cool.   :yesnod:

moparstuart

:drool5: here are my superbirds   mine are kenner
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

69*F5*SE