News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Character vs. Money

Started by BLUE68RT4ME, April 19, 2009, 03:10:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGhost

Quote from: Frank Bullitt on April 21, 2009, 09:06:50 PM
Bottom line is that Mark did not tell me that he had actually sent the check.

Yes.  He did.  Via email.  Which you did not check.

Brilliant.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

chargerkid01

what parts do you have I'll out bid by $0.50  :smilielol: I can't beleive him what a jackass, whoops can I say that here?, oh well. His cars don't look that great anyway. Hell my rusted out 318 charger before restoration work was worth more and looked better!! :Twocents: :cheers:

Frank Bullitt

The 40 ford is my dad's, the 40 chevy is my dad's and mine, as is the 57 Ford.  I own and have fixed up all of the Pontiac's myself.  I didn't include a picture of my 74 GTO or 67 GTO.  I also own another Trans Am.  At least I don't have to worry about my dash wires burning up in my Pontiac's like I would if I were driving a Mopar. Mark, when are you going to paint your Charger? Your paint looks like crap.

69DodgeCharger

Quote from: BLUE68RT4ME on April 21, 2009, 10:04:00 PM
I've said my peace about the Charger, but as for the talk about his accomplishments I don't really know what to think.  These pics could have been taken at a car show but, what's more, to call them restorations is a stretch by a couple measures.  1st, he showed no pics of the work done, or conditions before.  2nd, if you look at the things I point out below I think the term "restored" may have been used rather loosely.  Look at these closer.  And did you notice that most of them didn't really have a "shine" to them?  The Charger appeared to have as much "Orange PEEL" as orange paint.  It looks as dull as primer.

My point isn't to discourage the kid from cars, he just has a lot to learn... about a lot.  My dad used to tell me that on occasion and it would piss me off but now I wonder if this isn't what he was talking about.  If I behaved like this, then I certainly did.

I'm sorry Scott, but your last comments are just another example of lack of character.  Your rant about "cheap mopars" was very childish.  Not only was it an example of immaturity but also totally off the mark.  I don't think you'll find ANYONE who knows anything about cars that would say they're "cheap".  Hell, my car in the condition it was in before I started my restoration (as everyone can see on this page) was worth more than probably every one of the cars you posted and it had plenty of rust on it.  I think it's time to cut your losses here and head back to the Pontiac page.   :bump:  It seems you'll be happy there.

I didn't want to mention the quality of the work either. The pics speak for themselves. But you raised some vailid points. Many of the cars in those pics reminded me of the "Rustoleum Restorations" my buddy does. Some good, some not so good. But that is a totally different issue from what transpired regarding the potential sale to Mark. Hopefully Frank will take some useful business relations knowledge out of this and apply it better next time. What exactly are you looking at for another project Mark?
http://www.mypowerblock.com/profile/69DodgeCharger

The bugle sounds the charge begins. But on this battlefield no one wins.

skip68

Just because a door or hood DOES NOT line up, doesn't mean anything.  Those things take time and money and maybe the customer could not afford it.   The T/A that BK Auto did was over $100,000 and the hood on it was not right.   :nana: :smilielol:   Sorry guys.
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

69DodgeCharger

Quote from: Frank Bullitt on April 22, 2009, 09:28:24 AM
The 40 ford is my dad's, the 40 chevy is my dad's and mine, as is the 57 Ford.  I own and have fixed up all of the Pontiac's myself.  I didn't include a picture of my 74 GTO or 67 GTO.  I also own another Trans Am.  At least I don't have to worry about my dash wires burning up in my Pontiac's like I would if I were driving a Mopar. Mark, when are you going to paint your Charger? Your paint looks like crap.

Going for the straight up insults now eh? Forget it and put your energy into some better materials and finish work on your cars. By the way I love Pontiacs. I know of a 69 GTO I have been trying to get for years so it's not a Mopar vs. GM thing to me. Hell I like Fords and AMC's too so there's no need to hate on other brands....even though it's easy.

skip68

One more thing,  IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING FOR SALE, IT IS YOUR DUTY AND OBLIGATION TO CHECK ON EMAILS, PHONE MESSEGES AND ANY OTHER METHODS OF CONTACT !   :yesnod: :Twocents:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Frank Bullitt

All I have to say about my "rustoleum restorations" is that atleast I am fixing up an old muscle car that was sitting in a pasture before I owned it.  They aren't perfect, that's why I drive the crap out of them.  Heck, if they were perfect, I couldn't afford them. And if I payed someone to line up my parts I couldn't afford that either.  Mark, if you knew anything about cars, you would know what a 40 Ford coupe is worth.

69DodgeCharger

Quote from: Frank Bullitt on April 22, 2009, 09:38:22 AM
All I have to say about my "rustoleum restorations" is that atleast I am fixing up an old muscle car that was sitting in a pasture before I owned it.  They aren't perfect, that's why I drive the crap out of them.  Heck, if they were perfect, I couldn't afford them. And if I payed someone to line up my parts I couldn't afford that either.  

I didn't say that your cars were done as cheaply or poorly as my buddies. I just said I noticed quite a few similarities. And yes I agree 100% that at least you put them together and accomplished something. More than I can say lately. The original issue was poor communication and now it is starting to spiral into a "pissing match" over the quality of one guys ride over the next. Where are you located Frank? If I may ask.

BLUE68RT4ME

Quote from: Frank Bullitt on April 22, 2009, 09:28:24 AM

If you did your homework you'd see that my Charger is in the midst of being restored right now.  The paint that you pointed out as looking like crap is the ORIGINAL paint, from 1967.  If you look at pics of my car, and compare them to yours, you might find that even though it's 42 years old it still shines more than most of what you called "restored".
Mark Schultz
"BLUE68RT4ME"

69DodgeCharger

Never mind Frank I see your an Okie. So none of the Pontiacs I find up here will do you any good anyways.

Frank Bullitt

Exactly, cars from the factory weren't perfect either.  Be sure to line those fenders and valance up!  That or pay someone to do so.

I am located in southern Oklahoma, 69 Charger

69DodgeCharger

Be sure to line those fenders and valance up!

I did and it took forever. One of the most annoying parts of all the work I have done so far. Trust me I know about the costs of doing it "mint" That dream died quickly. Many people would consider my car a "scab" because of the amount of bondo to fill dents and creases, or the fact that it is almost all used parts (all I can afford) But I knew I couldn't afford the good stuff so i decided to concentrate on what I could. Prep work, alignment of pieces, reconditioning of what used pieces I have and so on. Next time, just pic up the phone and let em know what's up. It's not that hard.

skip68

Put your purse down Frank   :icon_smile_big:   As for the kind of work you do, if that's the best you can do with the skill, time and money you have then who cares.   I have to side with you on that.   You guys should see some of the dumb things I've done.  :smilielol:   In the end it's all good and as long as you are happy that's all that matters.   :cheers:   This thread was about better people skills and I hope you have learned that you must try and keep better contact and stay on top of your sales.  If so, then lets start new.   :cheers:    Chuck.........

BLUE68RT4ME

Quote from: 69DodgeCharger on April 22, 2009, 09:43:03 AM
I didn't say that your cars were done as cheaply or poorly as my buddies. I just said I noticed quite a few similarities. And yes I agree 100% that at least you put them together and accomplished something. More than I can say lately. The original issue was poor communication and now it is starting to spiral into a "pissing match" over the quality of one guys ride over the next. Where are you located Frank? If I may ask.

You're right, no need to spiral any further.  He just tried to use the cars he's "restored" as a means to establish himself as an experienced veteran trying to build a case that I didn't know what to expect when trying to buy his car.  There's no link between experience and character.  If you follow the thread, I did not say anything about his other cars until he pissed on ours.  But, you're right, arguing with a dummy make's you look like a dummy so I'm out permanently this time.  BTY, to answer your question, he's from Oklahoma.

I think my point was made better by his comments throughout this thread than by what I said anyway.  And now everyone has at least established an understanding of who this guys is if they ever cross pathes with him again.  Make sure you're the first one there with cash in hand!
Mark Schultz
"BLUE68RT4ME"

69DodgeCharger

There's no link between experience and character.

But experience can help build character. Let's hope that applies here.

But, you're right, arguing with a dummy make's you look like a dummy

No Mark we don't know that he's a dummy. We just know he has poor communication skills

And yes the insults about Mopars, valid or not show a little immaturity yet. But remember when were were 21 and being stupid and the old timers would just shake their heads at us and say "Son you got a lot to learn about everything yet" and leave it at that and then you would wonder what the hell they were talking about.

BLUE68RT4ME

Quote from: 69DodgeCharger on April 22, 2009, 10:07:30 AM
"Son you got a lot to learn about everything yet" and leave it at that and then you would wonder what the hell they were talking about.

I mentioned that in an earlier post.
Mark Schultz
"BLUE68RT4ME"

Todd Wilson

Frank Bullitt

Mark, I'm 21, I am by no means an experienced veteran about building cars (by the way, my aligning fenders and valance remark was to Mark).  71-72 GTO front valances are a bit hard to come by so I actually was quite pleased with the way mine turned out.  I also was pleased with my 69 GTO's grilles as they had tabs broken off and I really couldn't afford a new set at the time.  I was just telling you that this isn't my first car deal and I am not clueless about building them either.  Mark has his opinion about me and I have my opinion about him.  Now I think it is time to move on.

RECHRGD

13.53 @ 105.32

TheGhost

Quote from: BLUE68RT4ME on April 22, 2009, 09:56:52 AMI think my point was made better by his comments throughout this thread than by what I said anyway.  And now everyone has at least established an understanding of who this guys is if they ever cross pathes with him again.  Make sure you're the first one there with cash in hand!

Or, just not even bother looking at his cars for sale.  Not worth the hassle.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Frank Bullitt

Do what The Ghost says, I can't agree with him more.