News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Character vs. Money

Started by BLUE68RT4ME, April 19, 2009, 03:10:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUE68RT4ME

Ever notice that when someone is struggling for cash the first thing to go is their character?  For instance, I just agreed to buy the '69 Charger posted for sale on this site by Frank Bullitt (Scott Stuckey) last Saturday.  I live 850 miles from him but offered to send a deposit of $500 and pay the rest upon arrival.  He said that was fine.  I told him I would send the check via bill pay through my bank so that he'd get a certified check, I would email him the confirmation, and I even discussed when I would come pick it up.

Well, I got an email from him this morning stating that he had my check but wanted to know what to do with it because he sold the car!  I was pi$$ed but realized I was already out of options.  I contacted my back and they said they would put a stop payment on the check.  I emailed him back and asked him why he would do something like that after all I did to confirm with him that the money was on its way?  Prior to this, he'd given me his personal email address to contact him as he said he doesn't check his DC mail often.  Everytime I emailed him prior to sending my confirmation he responded very quickly.  His response was that he had been waiting for THREE weeks for my check and he doesn't check his email that often so he didn't see the confirmation.  At the end, he said he had to sell it because he needed the money.

Well, if you look, his posting for the sale of the car hasn't even been on DC for three weeks, and my first email went out to him 12 days ago (April 7th).  We agreed to the sale on the Saturday of Easter weekend, which is NOW 8 days ago.  He received the check before today of course, being it's Sunday.  I imagine he held on to it and didn't respond because someone else was stopping by and the came and got it yesterday.  By not contacting me, he was covering his @$$ in case this other buyer didn't come through.

I learned my lesson, I should have had him fax a signed agreement to me.  That way he'd owe me another Charger but... live and learn.  Not all people are as quality as they seem to be, or as you'd like them to be.

:brickwall:   :horse:
Mark Schultz
"BLUE68RT4ME"

captnsim

It's a Internet business thing. I've had tons of on-line deals all "done" fall through. Tons of emails with quick responces...then nothing. But on the other hand I've had lots of great experiences and sweet deals. I've learned to go by the "if its not in my hands, its not mine yet". Saves on the disappointments.

mikepmcs

I flew with a Scott Stuckey out of Brunswick Maine for years.  He was a Reserve Officer P-3 Pilot.  Wonder if that is the same guy. :lol:

Sorry for your troubles.  But, considering how he crawfished on you, what more might have been lurking for you on that car if you would have bought it.  Try to look at the positive side and maybe you are better off in the long run.

Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

BLUE68RT4ME

Quote from: mikepmcs on April 19, 2009, 05:18:36 PM
I flew with a Scott Stuckey out of Brunswick Maine for years.  He was a Reserve Officer P-3 Pilot.  Wonder if that is the same guy. :lol:

Sorry for your troubles.  But, considering how he crawfished on you, what more might have been lurking for you on that car if you would have bought it.  Try to look at the positive side and maybe you are better off in the long run.

Mike

No, this Scott I've learned during his most recent rant trying to justify himself is only 21 years old.  The car needed a lot of work, a LOT of work but I was up for it.  You're right though, he had done some work himself on the car and God only knows what it turned out like.  I'm over it already.  I am more disappointed in his actions than I am not getting the car.  I don't need the car right now but would be nice to secure my next project.  I just keep finding myself more and more disappointed in people though.   :-\

On the other hand, I'd say he accounts for a very small percent of the people on this page.  Most people here will jump out of their seat to help you, totally unsolicited.  It's kind of like hanging out in your garage with your buddies.  Cheers to all the others I've met so far!   :cheers:
Mark Schultz
"BLUE68RT4ME"

mikepmcs

Yes, definitely. He had only 3 posts so it's hard to tell character in that short of time.  He's still a youngster and doesn't really understand a hand shake deal so to speak. 

I agree with the hanging out with your buddies and I'm a whole lot closer to ya'll than anyone else.   :cheers:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Frank Bullitt

I have dealt with so many people regarding this Charger.  It's hard to see who is a "tirekicker" and who is serious.  Mark said he was sending the money around April 7th or so.  Then, he called several days later and said he was going to send it.  I have no idea who this Mark guy is, so I have no idea if he was just wishing or what. I had the car for sale locally as well.  I had no check in my possession and someone came and payed me for my Charger yesterday before I received his check instead of waiting around.  Mark should have called me and at least asked me if I still had the Charger before he sent $500.  I would say that is pretty careless. I may be a "youngster", but I have made more car deals than most.

Frank Bullitt

And btw, the only thing that I did to that Charger was put the dash in and weld the trunk pan in, pretty hard to mess that up.  And as far as my "work" goes, here are some that I have done in the past few years.

Frank Bullitt

A few more...

69bronzeT5

Got anymore pictures of the '69 GTO? Reminds me of my dad's old one :yesnod:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

BLUE68RT4ME

On April 9th you sent this email:

Here are a few more pictures.  If you decide that you want it, my mailing address is:
Scott Stuckey
XXXXXXXXX  (address removed for Scott's security)
Duncan, OK 73533
If you decide you want it, and you send me the money to hold it, I will remove it from the internet till you can get down here.  Thanks, Scott

Note the words "If you decide you want it" already disprove your statement that I said I'd take it on the 7th.  On Friday the 10th I called you and you were at the races.  So, I said I'd call you on Saturday, which I did and I said I'd take it.  I said I'd send the check through my bank and that it takes about 5 business days at the most.  I also said that I'd send you a copy of the confirmation once I got it from the bank.

So, Saturday was the 11th, and no checks are sent on Saturday.  Sunday, obviously not.  Monday was the 13, and the check needed to clear before being sent.  On Tuesday it was sent, as shown by the email I forwarded to you below:

FYI Scott, as stated below your payment is on its way.

Look forward to meeting you. Not set in stone yet but we're thinking of coming down the weekend of May 2nd.

Take care...

Mark

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Wells Fargo Online <Billpay@wellsfargo.com>
> Sent: Wednesday, April 15, 2009 10:31 AM
> To: onebaddgt@yahoo.com
> Subject: Wells Fargo Bill Pay Notification
>
>
> April 15, 2009
>
> *****************************************************************************
> Payment Sent*
> *****************************************************************************
>
>
> Payee Name : Scott Stuckey
> Amount : $500.00
> Date : 04/14/2009
>
>
>
> *Payments sent electronically may take up to three business days to be posted
> to your account at the payee, and payments sent by check may
> take up to five business days to be posted to your account.
>
> If you have any questions about your Bill Pay service or need assistance, please sign on to Online Banking and click "Contact Us" to send a secured email. If you prefer, you can call us anytime at 1-800-956-4442.
>
> Sincerely,
> Wells Fargo
> Online Customer Service

Again, to point out an error in your excuse, I forwarded this email to you on Wednesday, the 15th.  You said above that you had someone come by on Saturday to buy the car.  Hmm... Seems you had proof that my payment was on the way and you sold it anyway.  That, I would deem, a lack of character.   :shruggy:
Mark Schultz
"BLUE68RT4ME"

Frank Bullitt

69bronzeT5, I have several pictures of it throughout its restoration.  All of the drive train is numbers matching with the exception of a friend's '65 tripower set up that I added (still have the original intake and carb).  It sure has been a fun car to own.  I did all of the body work and paint/interior.  I just kept the original 80,000 mile engine all stock like it came in '69. It will smoke that 1 tire a city block. :icon_smile_big:

Mark, I sold the car before I got my mail.  Again, having no idea if a check was coming and if I would have had the money in hand, I would have kept it for you. And I was at the races on that Friday, and if you or anyone else has been around cars producing over 600 horsepower on open headers you would know that it would have been very hard to hear.  I did not hear from you Saturday either.  I would have to say that it is time to move on and find another Charger.  At least you don't have to drive 900 miles now.

Todd Wilson

1969chargerrtse

This is one of those, kinda see both sides things, but feel for Blue68RT4ME.

This is nothing compared to what happened to me.
I talked to a guy almost daily about buying his 69 Camaro pace car.  I called him with my flight info and I was on my way.  That was 300.00.  My girlfriend at the time took off work to bring me to the airport.  I paid for a taxi to a Greyhound station.  I called the guy again that I was now in Ohio, and said I'll be in his town in one hour, after paying for the bus ride.  I get to his town 1 hour later and call him again, no answer.  I wait a hour at the station and call him again.  He answers, where have you been, I said I would be here in 1 hour?  Oh I sold the car.   :brickwall:  I can't explain to you how furious I was.  :RantExplode:  It ended good as I went back to Greyhound and got a local paper and found a 69 Olds 442 conv restored 100% for the same 5,000.00 and the Pace car was in real bad shape.  I won.  But man was I pissed, but I truly believed what comes around goes around and I kept my cool.  The guy even took me to DMV to get temp plates.  I drove back to CT with the top down and the radio blasting.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

BLUE68RT4ME

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on April 20, 2009, 05:10:04 AM

I talked to a guy almost daily about buying his 69 Camaro pace car.  I called him with my flight info and I was on my way.  That was 300.00.  My girlfriend at the time took off work to bring me to the airport.  I paid for a taxi to a Greyhound station.  I called the guy again that I was now in Ohio, and said I'll be in his town in one hour, after paying for the bus ride.  I get to his town 1 hour later and call him again, no answer.  I wait a hour at the station and call him again.  He answers, where have you been I said I would be here in 1 hour.  Oh I sold the car.   :brickwall:  I can't explain you how furious I was.  :RantExplode:  It ended good as I went back to Greyhound and got a local paper and found a 69 Olds 442 conv restored 100% for the same 5,000.00 and the Pace car was in real bad shape.  I won.  But man was I pissed, but I truly believed what comes around goes around and I kept my cool.  The guy even took me to DMV to get temp plates.  I drove back to CT with the top down and the radio blasting.

Wow, I can't imagine how upset you must have been.  That's about as bad as some of my friends divorce stories, as far as some of the most underhanded crap done with total disregard for the outcome of others.  I don't understand how people can be so selfish. :shruggy:  Way to make lemonade out of that lemon man! :2thumbs:
Mark Schultz
"BLUE68RT4ME"

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: BLUE68RT4ME on April 20, 2009, 07:24:05 AM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on April 20, 2009, 05:10:04 AM

I talked to a guy almost daily about buying his 69 Camaro pace car.  I called him with my flight info and I was on my way.  That was 300.00.  My girlfriend at the time took off work to bring me to the airport.  I paid for a taxi to a Greyhound station.  I called the guy again that I was now in Ohio, and said I'll be in his town in one hour, after paying for the bus ride.  I get to his town 1 hour later and call him again, no answer.  I wait a hour at the station and call him again.  He answers, where have you been I said I would be here in 1 hour.  Oh I sold the car.   :brickwall:  I can't explain you how furious I was.  :RantExplode:  It ended good as I went back to Greyhound and got a local paper and found a 69 Olds 442 conv restored 100% for the same 5,000.00 and the Pace car was in real bad shape.  I won.  But man was I pissed, but I truly believed what comes around goes around and I kept my cool.  The guy even took me to DMV to get temp plates.  I drove back to CT with the top down and the radio blasting.

Wow, I can't imagine how upset you must have been.  That's about as bad as some of my friends divorce stories, as far as some of the most underhanded crap done with total disregard for the outcome of others.  I don't understand how people can be so selfish. :shruggy:  Way to make lemonade out of that lemon man! :2thumbs:
Being you are both members here I would of called you and said I have someone here offering cash, did you send the check?  It's a hard one for all involved.  As for divorce stories, you mean like my buddy that caught his wife cheating after 2 other times and now pays her 740.00 A WEEK! now that sucks. :brickwall:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

chargerkid01

Frank Bullitt

I really do feel bad for Mark.  I know real well how it is to get excited about buying a new project.  I had so many people wanting this car and had 4 people asking me to hold it for them. I sold a 69 GTO last month and I am still waiting for someone to "send me a down payment to hold it."  I am young and still learning for sure.  I did learn one thing, I will sell all of my cars to the 1st ones with money and a trailer so no one will get upset.

Chargerrtforme

Quote from: Frank Bullitt on April 20, 2009, 10:20:59 AM
I really do feel bad for Mark.  I know real well how it is to get excited about buying a new project.  I had so many people wanting this car and had 4 people asking me to hold it for them. I sold a 69 GTO last month and I am still waiting for someone to "send me a down payment to hold it."  I am young and still learning for sure.  I did learn one thing, I will sell all of my cars to the 1st ones with money and a trailer so no one will get upset.
I think the person that threw a check in the mail would be upset. :shruggy:  I would overnight my check or paypal if it was me.

BLUE68RT4ME

Quote from: Chargerrtforme on April 20, 2009, 11:54:42 AM
Quote from: Frank Bullitt on April 20, 2009, 10:20:59 AM
I think the person that threw a check in the mail would be upset. :shruggy:  I would overnight my check or paypal if it was me.

I explained to him that I am in NY for work and my bank is in MN.  I sent it through bill pay so that he would receive a "certified" check, rather than one that was hand written.  There's no guarantee with a personal check so I was trying to go above and beyond to assure him he was getting the money we agreed to for the security deposit.  That's why I also made the point to forward to him the confirmation when the bank sent it, to further assure him I was doing what I said I would.  Not that any of this matters anymore...
Mark Schultz
"BLUE68RT4ME"

Frank Bullitt

A phone call would have been great saying that the check was on its way and telling me that a confirmation of the check was e-mailed.  I don't check my e-mail every day of the week. I just really don't care for Mark to put it delicately.  I don't care for him trying to make me look bad on this web site.  Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, though. I would be willing to bet that Mark would have done the same thing if he were in my spot. Internet deals are just that, internet deals.  A person might say they are coming right down to buy the car and you never hear from them again.  Heck, Mark might have got down here and decided that my car was far too rough since he had not seen it in person and there I would be. I used my best judgment and just sold the car for what I was asking since I had not heard from Mark in several days. I would do the same thing again for sure.

BLUE68RT4ME

Ask gasoline_24 or Troy if I handled it any differently with them.  Bought things from both of them.  My word is golden.  When I sold my Harley I had a guy coming to pick it up from 300 miles away.  In the mean time someone else offered me $1000 more for it on the spot.  I couldn't take it because I had already agreed to the sale and by rights it was no longer mine.

You did what you did, you can justify it however you wish.  It's over but I think it's my right to let people know on this site if I feel a fellow member slited me.  Look around, others have done it too.  It's called brotherhood, fellowship, networking, whatever word you choose.  We all look out for each other.  In this kind of community, people are here to help each other and I think I owe it to them to let them know what my experience was with you.  I'm not calling you a crook, I just don't like the way you handled yourself.

Now, next time you try to sell something maybe each party will be more cautious in the procedings.  We've both stated our case, now everyone can choose for themselves.  That's the last I have to say on this.
Mark Schultz
"BLUE68RT4ME"

General_01

Well, Bullit, I think you should have checked your email before you sold it to someone else. You were told the confirmation would be emailed. You chose not to check your emails knowing you were dealing with someone else. I agree with Mark. You can justify it all you want to yourself, but you have low character. Your the same kind of guy that even if I came over and gave you $100 to hold the car until I went to the bank, would sell the car to the next guy because he offered you more then me.

When I sold my car the guy didn't even give me a down payment. We talked, he said he need to get the funds from his bank and I understood that. Right after he left, I took the for sale sign off the car and put it in the garage.

When I bought that car, the guy waited on me for 2 weeks while I secured a loan. All on a handshake agreement.

By the way, if you don't like guys making you look bad, then make your word your bond. :Twocents:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

Frank Bullitt

Like I said, everyone has their opinion on this deal and that's fine.  Mark didn't let me know anything after Friday and a week passed, so I sold my car.  I wasn't told anything about e-mailing a conformation.  If I had been told, I would have been looking.  I just think Mark should have let me know something.  Mark left me hanging, so I did what I thought was best.  The car went to a 17 year old kid.  Him and his dad are going to fix it up as a father son project.  I think the car got a better home anyway.  I really would have saved the car had Mark had of done what he said he was going to do.  Maybe people will keep that in mind when they deal with you, Mark. 

GreenMachine

In this day and age, be glad you dealt with someone that actually sent your deposit back.

Maybe a little more (or clearer) communication on both sides and this would have been a happy ending. When I had a vehicle for sale, I'd get a lot of people saying that they will buy my car. Then I never heard from them again.
If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.

TheGhost

Hey, Frank?

One thing you should learn from all this?

When selling a car online, check your email often.

Kthnxbye.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

chargerkid01

Well I know I'm from an area where all you nee is a hand shake!! Unless you buy from a dealer then they want some money down. As for this deal I'm not going to say much, but the one thing I will say is I do agree when selling a car online check your email ( I like it) and reading the emails disproves some statements on here. I know BLUE68RT4ME is good on his word!! everytime I have ever talked to him I have never been steered the wrong way!! :cheers:

Frank Bullitt

I'll probably stick to swap meets and just local advertisement.  Too many people that won't do what they say they will over the internet.  I've sold about 10 muscle cars and hot rods and many parts over the internet and I have dealt with far too many people that will simply tell me that they want the car or part and you never hear from them again.  However, there have been some good deals made over the internet.  Mark waited around too long on sending the check and I sold the car.  How was I supposed to know he wasn't another one of those "I'm going to buy your car" people that you never hear from again?  That is just exactly why I gave Mark my phone number, so he could call me to let me know things.

69DodgeCharger

Quote from: Frank Bullitt on April 21, 2009, 09:04:09 AM
I'll probably stick to swap meets and just local advertisement.  Too many people that won't do what they say they will over the internet.  I've sold about 10 muscle cars and hot rods and many parts over the internet and I have dealt with far too many people that will simply tell me that they want the car or part and you never hear from them again.  However, there have been some good deals made over the internet.  Mark waited around too long on sending the check and I sold the car.  How was I supposed to know he wasn't another one of those "I'm going to buy your car" people that you never hear from again?  That is just exactly why I gave Mark my phone number, so he could call me to let me know things.

Yep........Or perhaps,(or maybe not) you just sold to somebody else without even notifying Mark? Which if you did smacks of poor character. Sounds like  you don't like Mark on a personal level for whatever reason so you just blew him off on the sale.
http://www.mypowerblock.com/profile/69DodgeCharger

The bugle sounds the charge begins. But on this battlefield no one wins.

Frank Bullitt

I blew no one off, I just sold a car.  Had I have had money to hold it, I would have.  I have my own reasons for not liking Mark. I have dealt with many many people on the Pontiac message board with no disagreements, so I am not new by any means to the internet business. I just know that I have been left hanging many times on deals over the internet.  Mark simply waited too long to send the money and there was a lack of communication. 

captnsim

Something smells....Oh  :wave: Hi Frank Bullitt. You sound like every other con man I've met online...Do you all go to a seminar to learn this? Full of justification and excuses for why you did what you did.  :2thumbs: Great business plan. Hope it works for ya  :cheers:     

Frank Bullitt

Yes, I am a con man.  That is why I cashed his check and kept the money.

captnsim

Time is money...so whats the difference?

chargerkid01

69DodgeCharger

Quote from: Frank Bullitt on April 21, 2009, 05:58:24 PM
I blew no one off, I just sold a car.  Had I have had money to hold it, I would have.  I have my own reasons for not liking Mark. I have dealt with many many people on the Pontiac message board with no disagreements, so I am not new by any means to the internet business. I just know that I have been left hanging many times on deals over the internet.  Mark simply waited too long to send the money and there was a lack of communication. 

If I read this entire post correctly, and Marks emails are legit. It seems the communication was pretty clear on his part all along? But not so good on your part. Something about being at the races makes you unable to communicate with other people you have ongoing business with, or the outside world I guess. If you couldn't wait one extra second for the money you should have expressed that from the very beginning. But once again that goes back to communication (or lack of) on your part.

chargerkid01

Frank Bullitt

Bottom line is that Mark did not tell me that he had actually sent the check.  He said he called me Saturday and told me...he did not.  I had no idea a check was coming.  What I don't get is why he didn't call to ask if I even still had the car when he sent the check, that just blows my mind that someone would send $500 not even knowing if the car was still available.  Take is as you want, I really could care less.  I have nothing else to say on this matter.  I don't really care for Dodges anyway.  I'll take a Pontiac over a cheap Mopar any day of the week, so I'll be on the Pontiac message board if anyone would like to tell me what a jerk I am.

69DodgeCharger

Quote from: Frank Bullitt on April 21, 2009, 09:06:50 PM
Bottom line is that Mark did not tell me that he had actually sent the check.  He said he called me Saturday and told me...he did not.  I had no idea a check was coming.  What I don't get is why he didn't call to ask if I even still had the car when he sent the check, that just blows my mind that someone would send $500 not even knowing if the car was still available.  Take is as you want, I really could care less.  I have nothing else to say on this matter.  I don't really care for Dodges anyway.  I'll take a Pontiac over a cheap Mopar any day of the week, so I'll be on the Pontiac message board if anyone would like to tell me what a jerk I am.

No need to tell you anything. You said your piece.

chargerkid01

how old are you?? Sounds like another ryan (sorry ryan if you read this)!!! DO you know what GM stands for?? It sure ain't General Motors GENERIC MOPAR have fun

captnsim

You sure all those cars ain't daddys?

69DodgeCharger

Quote from: captnsim on April 21, 2009, 09:18:19 PM
You sure all those cars ain't daddys?
I didn't want to be the one to say it but that sure was a lot of work for a 21 year old to accomplish.

BLUE68RT4ME

I've said my peace about the Charger, but as for the talk about his accomplishments I don't really know what to think.  These pics could have been taken at a car show but, what's more, to call them restorations is a stretch by a couple measures.  1st, he showed no pics of the work done, or conditions before.  2nd, if you look at the things I point out below I think the term "restored" may have been used rather loosely.  Look at these closer.  And did you notice that most of them didn't really have a "shine" to them?  The Charger appeared to have as much "Orange PEEL" as orange paint.  It looks as dull as primer.

My point isn't to discourage the kid from cars, he just has a lot to learn... about a lot.  My dad used to tell me that on occasion and it would piss me off but now I wonder if this isn't what he was talking about.  If I behaved like this, then I certainly did.

I'm sorry Scott, but your last comments are just another example of lack of character.  Your rant about "cheap mopars" was very childish.  Not only was it an example of immaturity but also totally off the mark.  I don't think you'll find ANYONE who knows anything about cars that would say they're "cheap".  Hell, my car in the condition it was in before I started my restoration (as everyone can see on this page) was worth more than probably every one of the cars you posted and it had plenty of rust on it.  I think it's time to cut your losses here and head back to the Pontiac page.   :bump:  It seems you'll be happy there.

Mark Schultz
"BLUE68RT4ME"

mikesbbody

What will you do now? will you be looking for something else?

gasoline_24

:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:

Not to bring you down Mark, but those parts you bought from me....well....how do I tell you this.... :-\....Well I kinda sold them to somebody else.  I hope you are not mad.  I just figured I was getting $5 more and since you are already used to this sort of treatment you would be ok with it.  I hope you are not too mad.   :flame:  I will say that you were good about sending emails, but I didn't check them or the PM's you sent me...or I mean I haven't heard from you.  No hard feelings ok.....

Oh by the way I am just kidding.   :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :cheers:

BLUE68RT4ME

Quote from: mikesbbody on April 21, 2009, 10:09:07 PM

I'm kicking it around.  I talked to Wedge Ed about his but I'm not sure if I am ready for that kind of project.  I was just trying to secure my next project if I could/can find a good deal.  If I find another I will, otherwise I'll just continue to focus on this one.  I'm restoring my current one to original condition.  I'd like to have another to build as a street/strip car.
Mark Schultz
"BLUE68RT4ME"

BLUE68RT4ME

Quote from: BLUE68RT4ME on April 21, 2009, 10:13:45 PM
Quote from: mikesbbody on April 21, 2009, 10:09:07 PM

I'm kicking it around.  I talked to Wedge Ed about his but I'm not sure if I am ready for that kind of project.  I was just trying to secure my next project if I could/can find a good deal.  If I find another I will, otherwise I'll just continue to focus on this one.  I'm restoring my current one to original condition.  I'd like to have another to build as a street/strip car.

:hah:  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:  Oh God!  I started laughing as soon as I saw your post!  I knew where you were going.  That was awesome!   :haha:
Mark Schultz
"BLUE68RT4ME"

gasoline_24

I haven't received your check yet Mark so if anyone wants to outbid him make me a good offer.   :rofl:

captnsim

Quote from: gasoline_24 on April 21, 2009, 10:19:02 PM
I haven't received your check yet Mark so if anyone wants to outbid him make me a good offer.   :rofl:
Are you back from the races so you can "hear" my offer?  :smilielol:

BLUE68RT4ME

Quote from: gasoline_24 on April 21, 2009, 10:19:02 PM
I haven't received your check yet Mark so if anyone wants to outbid him make me a good offer.   :rofl:

But... but... I emailed the confirmation!  Maybe I should just send a check that could be as good as rubber but at least you can get it ASAP.  Guess going out of your way to be courteous and send something that assures you're getting real money doesn't mean anything anymore.  Oh how times have changed!   :smilielol: :sarcasmalert:
Mark Schultz
"BLUE68RT4ME"

captnsim

So what pontiac site is franky bully on?

BLUE68RT4ME

Quote from: captnsim on April 21, 2009, 10:27:23 PM
So what pontiac site is franky bully on?

The one with pics of misaligned hoods, doors, valances, and bumpers found in the "restored" section!   :idiot: :lolexplode:
Mark Schultz
"BLUE68RT4ME"

TheGhost

Quote from: Frank Bullitt on April 21, 2009, 09:06:50 PM
Bottom line is that Mark did not tell me that he had actually sent the check.

Yes.  He did.  Via email.  Which you did not check.

Brilliant.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

chargerkid01

what parts do you have I'll out bid by $0.50  :smilielol: I can't beleive him what a jackass, whoops can I say that here?, oh well. His cars don't look that great anyway. Hell my rusted out 318 charger before restoration work was worth more and looked better!! :Twocents: :cheers:

Frank Bullitt

The 40 ford is my dad's, the 40 chevy is my dad's and mine, as is the 57 Ford.  I own and have fixed up all of the Pontiac's myself.  I didn't include a picture of my 74 GTO or 67 GTO.  I also own another Trans Am.  At least I don't have to worry about my dash wires burning up in my Pontiac's like I would if I were driving a Mopar. Mark, when are you going to paint your Charger? Your paint looks like crap.

69DodgeCharger

Quote from: BLUE68RT4ME on April 21, 2009, 10:04:00 PM
I've said my peace about the Charger, but as for the talk about his accomplishments I don't really know what to think.  These pics could have been taken at a car show but, what's more, to call them restorations is a stretch by a couple measures.  1st, he showed no pics of the work done, or conditions before.  2nd, if you look at the things I point out below I think the term "restored" may have been used rather loosely.  Look at these closer.  And did you notice that most of them didn't really have a "shine" to them?  The Charger appeared to have as much "Orange PEEL" as orange paint.  It looks as dull as primer.

My point isn't to discourage the kid from cars, he just has a lot to learn... about a lot.  My dad used to tell me that on occasion and it would piss me off but now I wonder if this isn't what he was talking about.  If I behaved like this, then I certainly did.

I'm sorry Scott, but your last comments are just another example of lack of character.  Your rant about "cheap mopars" was very childish.  Not only was it an example of immaturity but also totally off the mark.  I don't think you'll find ANYONE who knows anything about cars that would say they're "cheap".  Hell, my car in the condition it was in before I started my restoration (as everyone can see on this page) was worth more than probably every one of the cars you posted and it had plenty of rust on it.  I think it's time to cut your losses here and head back to the Pontiac page.   :bump:  It seems you'll be happy there.

I didn't want to mention the quality of the work either. The pics speak for themselves. But you raised some vailid points. Many of the cars in those pics reminded me of the "Rustoleum Restorations" my buddy does. Some good, some not so good. But that is a totally different issue from what transpired regarding the potential sale to Mark. Hopefully Frank will take some useful business relations knowledge out of this and apply it better next time. What exactly are you looking at for another project Mark?

skip68

Just because a door or hood DOES NOT line up, doesn't mean anything.  Those things take time and money and maybe the customer could not afford it.   The T/A that BK Auto did was over $100,000 and the hood on it was not right.   :nana: :smilielol:   Sorry guys.
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

69DodgeCharger

Quote from: Frank Bullitt on April 22, 2009, 09:28:24 AM
The 40 ford is my dad's, the 40 chevy is my dad's and mine, as is the 57 Ford.  I own and have fixed up all of the Pontiac's myself.  I didn't include a picture of my 74 GTO or 67 GTO.  I also own another Trans Am.  At least I don't have to worry about my dash wires burning up in my Pontiac's like I would if I were driving a Mopar. Mark, when are you going to paint your Charger? Your paint looks like crap.

Going for the straight up insults now eh? Forget it and put your energy into some better materials and finish work on your cars. By the way I love Pontiacs. I know of a 69 GTO I have been trying to get for years so it's not a Mopar vs. GM thing to me. Hell I like Fords and AMC's too so there's no need to hate on other brands....even though it's easy.

skip68

One more thing,  IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING FOR SALE, IT IS YOUR DUTY AND OBLIGATION TO CHECK ON EMAILS, PHONE MESSEGES AND ANY OTHER METHODS OF CONTACT !   :yesnod: :Twocents:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Frank Bullitt

All I have to say about my "rustoleum restorations" is that atleast I am fixing up an old muscle car that was sitting in a pasture before I owned it.  They aren't perfect, that's why I drive the crap out of them.  Heck, if they were perfect, I couldn't afford them. And if I payed someone to line up my parts I couldn't afford that either.  Mark, if you knew anything about cars, you would know what a 40 Ford coupe is worth.

69DodgeCharger

Quote from: Frank Bullitt on April 22, 2009, 09:38:22 AM
All I have to say about my "rustoleum restorations" is that atleast I am fixing up an old muscle car that was sitting in a pasture before I owned it.  They aren't perfect, that's why I drive the crap out of them.  Heck, if they were perfect, I couldn't afford them. And if I payed someone to line up my parts I couldn't afford that either.  

I didn't say that your cars were done as cheaply or poorly as my buddies. I just said I noticed quite a few similarities. And yes I agree 100% that at least you put them together and accomplished something. More than I can say lately. The original issue was poor communication and now it is starting to spiral into a "pissing match" over the quality of one guys ride over the next. Where are you located Frank? If I may ask.

BLUE68RT4ME

Quote from: Frank Bullitt on April 22, 2009, 09:28:24 AM

If you did your homework you'd see that my Charger is in the midst of being restored right now.  The paint that you pointed out as looking like crap is the ORIGINAL paint, from 1967.  If you look at pics of my car, and compare them to yours, you might find that even though it's 42 years old it still shines more than most of what you called "restored".
Mark Schultz
"BLUE68RT4ME"

69DodgeCharger

Never mind Frank I see your an Okie. So none of the Pontiacs I find up here will do you any good anyways.

Frank Bullitt

Exactly, cars from the factory weren't perfect either.  Be sure to line those fenders and valance up!  That or pay someone to do so.

I am located in southern Oklahoma, 69 Charger

69DodgeCharger

Be sure to line those fenders and valance up!

I did and it took forever. One of the most annoying parts of all the work I have done so far. Trust me I know about the costs of doing it "mint" That dream died quickly. Many people would consider my car a "scab" because of the amount of bondo to fill dents and creases, or the fact that it is almost all used parts (all I can afford) But I knew I couldn't afford the good stuff so i decided to concentrate on what I could. Prep work, alignment of pieces, reconditioning of what used pieces I have and so on. Next time, just pic up the phone and let em know what's up. It's not that hard.

skip68

Put your purse down Frank   :icon_smile_big:   As for the kind of work you do, if that's the best you can do with the skill, time and money you have then who cares.   I have to side with you on that.   You guys should see some of the dumb things I've done.  :smilielol:   In the end it's all good and as long as you are happy that's all that matters.   :cheers:   This thread was about better people skills and I hope you have learned that you must try and keep better contact and stay on top of your sales.  If so, then lets start new.   :cheers:    Chuck.........

BLUE68RT4ME

Quote from: 69DodgeCharger on April 22, 2009, 09:43:03 AM
I didn't say that your cars were done as cheaply or poorly as my buddies. I just said I noticed quite a few similarities. And yes I agree 100% that at least you put them together and accomplished something. More than I can say lately. The original issue was poor communication and now it is starting to spiral into a "pissing match" over the quality of one guys ride over the next. Where are you located Frank? If I may ask.

You're right, no need to spiral any further.  He just tried to use the cars he's "restored" as a means to establish himself as an experienced veteran trying to build a case that I didn't know what to expect when trying to buy his car.  There's no link between experience and character.  If you follow the thread, I did not say anything about his other cars until he pissed on ours.  But, you're right, arguing with a dummy make's you look like a dummy so I'm out permanently this time.  BTY, to answer your question, he's from Oklahoma.

I think my point was made better by his comments throughout this thread than by what I said anyway.  And now everyone has at least established an understanding of who this guys is if they ever cross pathes with him again.  Make sure you're the first one there with cash in hand!
Mark Schultz
"BLUE68RT4ME"

69DodgeCharger

There's no link between experience and character.

But experience can help build character. Let's hope that applies here.

But, you're right, arguing with a dummy make's you look like a dummy

No Mark we don't know that he's a dummy. We just know he has poor communication skills

And yes the insults about Mopars, valid or not show a little immaturity yet. But remember when were were 21 and being stupid and the old timers would just shake their heads at us and say "Son you got a lot to learn about everything yet" and leave it at that and then you would wonder what the hell they were talking about.

BLUE68RT4ME

Quote from: 69DodgeCharger on April 22, 2009, 10:07:30 AM
"Son you got a lot to learn about everything yet" and leave it at that and then you would wonder what the hell they were talking about.

I mentioned that in an earlier post.
Mark Schultz
"BLUE68RT4ME"

Todd Wilson

Frank Bullitt

Mark, I'm 21, I am by no means an experienced veteran about building cars (by the way, my aligning fenders and valance remark was to Mark).  71-72 GTO front valances are a bit hard to come by so I actually was quite pleased with the way mine turned out.  I also was pleased with my 69 GTO's grilles as they had tabs broken off and I really couldn't afford a new set at the time.  I was just telling you that this isn't my first car deal and I am not clueless about building them either.  Mark has his opinion about me and I have my opinion about him.  Now I think it is time to move on.

RECHRGD

13.53 @ 105.32

TheGhost

Quote from: BLUE68RT4ME on April 22, 2009, 09:56:52 AMI think my point was made better by his comments throughout this thread than by what I said anyway.  And now everyone has at least established an understanding of who this guys is if they ever cross pathes with him again.  Make sure you're the first one there with cash in hand!

Or, just not even bother looking at his cars for sale.  Not worth the hassle.

Frank Bullitt

Do what The Ghost says, I can't agree with him more.