News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Brake rod removal on a front disk set up

Started by ACUDANUT, April 18, 2009, 08:35:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACUDANUT

I can't seem to get the rod out of the power booster.  On drum brakes they are easy and just snap in, HOWEVER  on a power front disc set up they seem to be locked in.  The one I have is too long of a rod and will not come out.  I am wanting just to change rod length's. HELP :popcrn:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: ACUDANUT on April 18, 2009, 08:35:03 PM
I can't seem to get the rod out of the master cylinder.  On drum brakes they are easy and just snap in, HOWEVER  on a power front disc set up they seem to be locked in.  The one I have is too long of a rod and will not come out.  I am wanting just to change rod length's. HELP :popcrn:

Huh?  There is no "rod" on a power disc set up.   Under the dash is the bell crank set up which attaches to the rod that comes out of the power booster which is non-adjustable & non removable (unless you take the booster apart)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

ACUDANUT

Just 6T9 CHGR

Yes but it is non removable/adjustable...

The only adjustment is on the front of the booster...the rod that presses on the master cylinder itself....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

ACUDANUT

Dang, I was hoping to put in a shorter rod (between/inside the rubber boot)  :brickwall:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: ACUDANUT on April 20, 2009, 05:06:25 PM
Dang, I was hoping to put in a shorter rod (between/inside the rubber boot)  :brickwall:

May I ask for what reason?....all the adjustment you will need is on the front rod.

Are you having a problem with the brakes?
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

ACUDANUT

I was thinking of putting a later model power brake booster.  However, they have different rod lenghts.