News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

VFN fiber glass hood or this one????

Started by charger_cody, April 18, 2009, 08:17:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger_cody

Ok i can either buy a metal bulge hood for around 400 that has rust and is bent, or i can bbuy a fiberglass one for around 500 brand new and i know it will get shipped without breaking or cracking.

Here are some pics of the hood i could buy for 400.

Please reply ALL your thoughts.

Even if it involves not getting one.
CODY

R2

I would go fiberglass,,,,,
You are going to spend some money fixing the steel hood,,,looks a bit rough in the pics....

The glass hood will be lighter,,,, which is always good to take some weight off the front end...........

Probably will need light weight springs as well,,,if you go with the glass hood.........

:2thumbs:

ryan053

Dont get a lift off hood if you go the fiberglass route. It gets old real quick.

charger_cody

69*F5*SE

charger_cody

Quote from: 69*F5*SE on April 21, 2009, 01:17:32 PM
I'd go with the fiberglass hood.   :Twocents:

Thanks for the reply.

There is like a 90% chance i will.  :2thumbs:

Cody

Charger1973

I would make an offer for the steel hood.  You'd be happier in the long run with the real thing.  If its local you could look at it in person and see for yourself how bad it is and get an idea of what its worth, and you wouldn't have to worry about shipping either.

charger_cody

Quote from: Charger1973 on April 21, 2009, 04:26:05 PM
I would make an offer for the steel hood.  You'd be happier in the long run with the real thing.  If its local you could look at it in person and see for yourself how bad it is and get an idea of what its worth, and you wouldn't have to worry about shipping either.

Its somewhere around jersey and the guy is disables, so it would be hard to box and ship.

Charger1973